Do You Consider 50 Cent To Be A Hip-Hop Legend?

Options
Antwuan89
Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
I Have Heard Some People Call Him A Legend, GRODT Is A Classic Or At Least Close To A Classic Album.

What Do You Think?

Comments

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I mean I guess.. just cause the waves GRODT caused and how he came in the game and has stayed the bully of bullies in hip hop ever since

But honestly besides that first album and a couple other singles, dude really not that great
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yes he is a legend
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes got a classic, if that means anything.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    legendary ? . the realest. sold a ton, made quality street records and singles, and album cuts. created a top 5 group of all time. kept it real the entire time.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think if he a had a couple more years 1 more classic then yeah but he was just the stand out ? for a good period nothing legendary but his paper moves
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His mixtape catalog is legendary, plus GRODT is a classic. Gotta give Fif the nod
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 a legend, in his time no one was ? with this ? GRDT was a monster
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he's a legend.

I've never witnessed anyone in hip hop take the game over like he did. If you claim you didn't ? with 50 in 03 your a got damn liar. Everyone and their momma were fifty cent fans.

He still dropped a classic with GRODT and put some good records out after that. But if people on the IC are calling Wayne a legend then 50 has to be a ? Icon if that's the case.
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plain and simple YES!!!!!

He got non album classic ? grimey ass tracks. 50 bars still go hard
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouldn't even be debatable. What he did while he was still relevant with his music sales and business ventures had not been seen in a while. Revolutionalized the mixtape game and started the "beef" trend. Whether you like him or not, you should respect what he's done, especially since he's gotten FILTHY rich off of all this. He's a legend.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is. Keep in mind even tho he didn't have a gang of classic releases he made a bunch of wack ? platinum artists. His presence is/was undeniable. He shook the game the ? up.
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid ass thread to invite trolls
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes I grow to respect rappers over time..
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When old white women know you by name then you're a legend
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    sometimes I grow to respect rappers over time..

My feelings exactly.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Of course he is a legend he is 1 of the highest selling of all time sold a ridiculous amount of records with a diamond album

He has made classic albums like GRODT, Guess Who's Back and good albums like The Massacre, he has never dropped a wack album just average albums but not wack

He has made so many hits

He is 1 of the wealthiest rappers ever

He's the King Of New York
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.

But he once had potential to be one.

GRODT is a near classic and The Massacre is a good album.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Yes he's a legend.

I've never witnessed anyone in hip hop take the game over like he did. If you claim you didn't ? with 50 in 03 your a got damn liar. Everyone and their momma were fifty cent fans.

He still dropped a classic with GRODT and put some good records out after that. But if people on the IC are calling Wayne a legend then 50 has to be a ? Icon if that's the case.

Didnt hear GRODT until 2008 and still don't think it's a classic. The issue with guys like him and Jeezy are that people got all caught up in the wave of popularity.

To be honest 50 ain't been relevant as an MC since "I Get Money" came out in like 2007-2008. The only reason people still talk about him is because hes an entrepreneur and cats love to count his money for him.

All that said he is a legend in the same vein as Master P, he built an empire, made major funds and then faded out. I will give him credit for being the last fresh NY juggernaut though, nobody from NY or even the east coast period has had the game sown up like he had since.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The "grodt was all hype" talk is bs. I listened to that album from front to back for the first time since prolly 05 and I enjoyed that mf more now than i did back then. It has 2 songs that u can call "filler" but even those are cool. That ? said some of the coldest ? on that album "if u love say u love me , dont stare at me man/ ill hate to be in the pen for killin one of my fans" . I always looked at p.i.m.p as a radio type song cuz of how commercial it became, but that ? was sayin some of the illest ? ? on that track. Thats a classic ,no question. The massacre on the other hand? smh

This ? killed this joint, and he dont even smoke lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsfPFsN_z2U
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Get rich or die tryin was a classic

all the record sales

him and g-unit completely changed the mixtape game
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options