Best Rapper From: The Bay Area (TUPAC WINS)

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    STAN MODE:ON

Lmaooooooo
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Also known as 2Pac, Pac, Makaveli, MC New York
    Born June 16, 1971
    East Harlem, Manhattan
    New York City, New York, U.S.
    Origin Marin City, California, U.S.

Marin City but the man himself said OAKLAND

let him be

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    E-40
    Pac shouldn't be in the poll, takes away from the true Bay artist
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    Pac shouldn't be in the poll, takes away from the true Bay artist

Stop playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o3vIloq_JY
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma go 'head and move to Milwaukee and once I'm there for 3 years or so, I'm start repping that ? and just be from there. I could do that, right? I'm allowed, right?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Damn so a ? who's whole catalog was released as him being a west coast resident isn't a west coast artist??? A ? who unified the whole coast more then any rapper b4 him and any rapper since isn't from said coast becuz he wasn't born there??? Y'all be taking this where ? is from stuff WAY too literally.... PAC was a west coast ? no matter how you try and spin it.
  • andre_1024
    Options
    E-40
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Stop playing

Listen, I'm from the Bay and Pac is the GOAT of course, but that ? ain't "from the Bay"

The others in the poll are all born and raised in the Bay, have the lingo, mentality etc..Pac adopted that when he moved to Marin, but again he's not "from the Bay"
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Tupac
    Im sayin tho, from the age of 16 - 21 is when you're becoming a man. So that influence/lifestyle in the bay is more prevalent to his development than his yrs as a kid in the east. IMO
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Damn so a ? who's whole catalog was released as him being a west coast resident isn't a west coast artist??? A ? who unified the whole coast more then any rapper b4 him and any rapper since isn't from said coast becuz he wasn't born there??? Y'all be taking this where ? is from stuff WAY too literally.... PAC was a west coast ? no matter how you try and spin it.

/thread
  • andre_1024
    Options
    E-40
    Nobody is denying Pac being a West Coast artist, but dude repped LA as much as he repped the Bay, if not more

If the poll was "Best California rapper" then Pac should definitely be listed, but Pac isn't a Bay Area rapper imo
  • mryounggun
    edited January 2014
    Options

The bolded made me laugh. There's another way to take it? Lol. Who knew?

GetoBoy: Where you from, my ? ?

Me: Atlanta

GetoBoy: Na, I know you was born and raised in Atlanta n ? . But where you FROM? Like ya know...where you from?

Me: *looks around confused* ? ...I'm from Atl-...? it, just tell me where you want me to be from, son. That'll be faster!'
  • _Menace_
    Options
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Nobody is denying Pac being a West Coast artist, but dude repped LA as much as he repped the Bay, if not more

If the poll was "Best California rapper" then Pac should definitely be listed, but Pac isn't a Bay Area rapper imo

I think that's a better argument then him being a east coast ? .... If somebody wants to say he isn't from anywhere becuz of his movement then I can see the argument there but to call him a east coast ? is just reaching...

mryounggun wrote: »

GetoBoy: Na, I know you was born and raised in Atlanta n ? . But where you FROM? Like ya know...where you from?

Me: *looks around confused* ? ...I'm from Atl-...? it, just tell me where you want me to be from, son. That'll be faster!'

Bad example becuz if I asked you where you from and YOU told me atl I'd stop there... If you asked pac where he was from imo I think he'd put more importance on him being from the bay then anywhere else he's been
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @icecoldstew close this ? so menace can re do it
  • mryounggun
    Options

I think that's a better argument then him being a east coast ? .... If somebody wants to say he isn't from anywhere becuz of his movement then I can see the argument there but to call him a east coast ? is just reaching...

mryounggun wrote: »

Bad example becuz if I asked you where you from and YOU told me atl I'd stop there... If you asked pac where he was from imo I think he'd put more importance on him being from the bay then anywhere else he's been

Good point. Bad example. But I don't care enough to craft another. So ? yooooooouuuuu!
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best rapper born and raised in the Bay Area E-40.

Best rapper with Bay Area roots 2pac.
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Tupac
    e-40-b-legit.jpg

E-40 - Sideways (Feat. B-Legit, Mac Shon)

http://youtu.be/0kWINK3mOq0

E-40 - Federal

http://youtu.be/2kLSiGA3Mnw

E-40 -Drought Season (feat Kaveo)

http://youtu.be/TgypH8w8aHs

E-40 In A Major Way Full Album (1995)

http://youtu.be/3KfeKc8DvD8
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    not to knocc any of the other MC's Short is one of the GOATS tho , Shocc, Spice , 40 plus its a gang of other ? that rep that soil
  • olskoolru
    olskoolru Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Spice 1
    Pac was born in Harlem and lived there for the first 15 years of his life, then lived in Bmore for 2 years and didn't get to The Bay til 1986.. so he's NOT FROM The Bay. E-$0 is horrible and one of the worst rappers in the US PERIOD> Clown. Who cares if he reps The Bay. Spice-1 true G and fromt he Bay all day

• young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mac Dre
    40 is still one of my favorite rappers, and Pac is a legend worldwide but Mac Dre was a true trendsetter and he made a lot of timeless music even though his untimely death ended his career.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Pac got it period, but I will say they got a lot of talent/runner-ups from there tho......

2pac-wallpaper-2012-tupa.jpg
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OTHER (Name The Rapper)
    Del but i ? with every rapper on there except that wack as andre nickatina
This discussion has been closed.