Options

Comments

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get what is so wrong what with drake said. American wankster wasn't a concept album. Frank Lucas came up in a different era, different drug different law enforcement than what Jay Z was rapping about. Again which ? was selling ? in 1970? Drake is right. Trap music was at a all time high in 07 and Jay Z old as wanted to make a trap album so he used AG as a excuse. AG brought no kind of New perspective of storytelling to rap. The album has no continuity. In fact ignorant ? is a song from late 2000. Yes it was a shot and no Jay Z won't do anything about it. At least drake can write hooks, sing and have more diversity in his music besides rapping about selling ? in the 80s
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I don't get what is so wrong what with drake said. American wankster wasn't a concept album. Frank Lucas came up in a different era, different drug different law enforcement than what Jay Z was rapping about. Again which ? was selling ? in 1970? Drake is right. Trap music was at a all time high in 07 and Jay Z old as wanted to make a trap album so he used AG as a excuse. AG brought no kind of New perspective of storytelling to rap. The album has no continuity. In fact ignorant ? is a song from late 2000. Yes it was a shot and no Jay Z won't do anything about it. At least drake can write hooks, sing and have more diversity in his music besides rapping about selling ? in the 80s

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I Know>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any song drake has ever made...
    The album is more about the environment around the dope game no matter what decade u talk about.. he talks about sellin ? to tap into his experience but he also in the very first song tells how he watched the transaction of heroin dealers and the cops and how he wanted to be like them.. if u spent more time listening to.the actual lyrics of song instead of voguing to lady gaga records, u might get a better understanding of the album ?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The album is more about the environment around the dope game no matter what decade u talk about.. he talks about sellin ? to tap into his experience but he also in the very first song tells how he watched the transaction of heroin dealers and the cops and how he wanted to be like them.. if u spent more time listening to.the actual lyrics of song instead of voguing to lady gaga records, u might get a better understanding of the album ?

The environment around the game is such a rehashed and cliche theme of rap albums. It still does not involve other fresh elements of story telling
    Therefore it isn't a legit concept album. And besides isn't that what RD was about anyways? So either Jay Z peaked artisitcally in 96 or he has been purposely selling you the same dumbed down rhymes for slow fans as yourself for nearly 19 years as he admitted on tba
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangster is better then anything Drake can or ever has released. This dude need to focus on Kendrick an that L he took. An stop diverting attention from that.
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

Because he basically discredited AG as if it's not a concept album. You can talk about real life experiences but being creative and telling a fictional story is an art in itself. To say AG is nothing but ? music is basically saying you just skimmed through the songs on there and not listened to them. GKMC is a dope storytelling album that follows a script while AG is also a concept album but it tells it's stories differently. AG doesn't really have a plot/script like GKMC but it is still a concept/theme album.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The environment around the game is such a rehashed and cliche theme of rap albums. It still does not involve other fresh elements of story telling
    Therefore it isn't a legit concept album. And besides isn't that what RD was about anyways? So either Jay Z peaked artisitcally in 96 or he has been purposely selling you the same dumbed down rhymes for slow fans as yourself for nearly 19 years as he admitted on tba

Doesnt mattered if it was rehashed or not.. damn near every subject in music has been talked.. doesnt change it from being a concept album.. he took u from being the kid watching crooked cops collect to the livin it up being the big boss on roc boys to being the ? in prison thinkin about all his ? ups and lookin at the new guys knowing they headed fa the same fate..knowing there is very little ways avoiding it.. and did so lyrically and vividly.. if its been done, so what? Are their better albums with the same concept in ur opinion? So what..Doesnt change what it is
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If it werent for nggas complainin bout that 'he not livin his raps!!' ? , jay might still b makin them d boy albums...and id love every second.

Instead we get mature jay.
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Drake don't want nothing with Hov...

I bet you good money that ? already been on the phone with Beyonce crying and ? talking about how he got misquoted and please have word with Jigga...im sorry and if Jay want me to come over and serve drinks I'm free all next week and ? ...
    enhancedbuzzwide1758713612038143.jpg

Haaa @ Beyonce w/ the real ngga vision.

Dead @ the old black lady in the background: 'Whos this gump ass ngga'
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He basically saying he lying on wax=fraud.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the drake tactical special ops stan team six still needs to prove how drake is so much more of an "artist". ? other rappers actually sing better raw no autotune. And maybe cause i just don't follow music of ? who ? sitting down but i ain't een know drake don't be writing some of his hooks and ? he croons like a ? . This ? a decnt rapper but past that he ain't ? .
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf this tissue half bred Jew talking bout.....see this the reason ? never respect Canadians unless they looking like Tamia
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    the drake tactical special ops stan team six

LMFAO
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to Drake for speaking his mind. Maybe we can get the rest of these rappers to start doing the same. ? all this PC ? .
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody ban that French Montana groupie whose in here
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    jay needs to mush that boy
    jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif
    somebody needs to..
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Wtf this tissue half bred Jew talking bout.....see this the reason ? never respect Canadians unless they looking like Tamia
    tumblr_m8xrrhxe6D1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Don't get ? up Lamont.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^super saiyan stans in this ?
  • GunTown
    Options
    Tried listening to American Gangster now and Drake pretty much said what i always felt about this album and Jay Z's music in general

Never enjoyed American Gangster album at all
  • GunTown
    Options
    Props to Drake for speaking his mind. Maybe we can get the rest of these rappers to start doing the same. ? all this PC ? .

• GunTown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    the drake tactical special ops stan team six still needs to prove how drake is so much more of an "artist". ? other rappers actually sing better raw no autotune. And maybe cause i just don't follow music of ? who ? sitting down but i ain't een know drake don't be writing some of his hooks and ? he croons like a ? . This ? a decnt rapper but past that he ain't ? .

Even if 1 doesn't think Drakes singing on hooks is good regardless of that Drake does something Jay Z can't do and is more artistic as he does something Jay Z can't do at all, and it works for Drake as he succesful with the singing and rapping

Drake wasn't bragging about being a better artist but more so pointing out Jay Z's lack of even artistry
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn ? did jay ? you and not call you back or something sheesh you don't waste a chance to point out how you don't like jay z
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Tried listening to American Gangster now and Drake pretty much said what i always felt about this album and Jay Z's music in general

but you just had to listen to it again to ensure something you already knew 6 years ago?
  • GunTown
    Options

but you just had to listen to it again to ensure something you already knew 6 years ago?

To give it 10th chance after this thread was made and after some keep insisting it is decent

Still lacks replay value to me hence why i couldn't listen to it all got bored
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To give it 10th chance after this thread was made and after some keep insisting it is decent

Still lacks replay value to me hence why i couldn't listen to it all got bored

o4epXMtY_original.jpg

obviously not if you listened to the ? 10 times