Options
13»

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    This is 100% true

white ppl loved hip hop and when there was their own relate able face to go w/ it who had talent they naturally liked it

Just like if I walk in a room w/ whites and blacks naturally I'll gravitate to the blacks

Vanilla ice was co signed by Hammer

I was with you till you said vanilla ice was cosigned by Hammer. I know Vanilla Ice opened for him but that is not a cosign, he also opened for NWA you think they were cosigning him also? If anything he was biting Hammer. I think promoters like to lump the 2 together based on the era and style of music they both were big in...

Exactly...

Hammer never consigned ice

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it is funny that maclemore gets more hate than Em.. ? i only heard 4 songs from dude and like him better than Em
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    Macklemore didnt get or need a cosign.
    Lady Jamar was wrong and need to sit his old ass down and get some ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vertebrae wrote: »
    Real talk, how much has DJ Vlad made off of black people already?

He sued Rick Ross for $300,000
    YouTube ad revenue $50,000
    VLAD TV $150,000

Silly muhfuckas

That's the crazy thing right? Lamar also popping ? about white folks but he uses a white man as a platform, thus helping vlad make more money. He contributes to the problem he complains about.

? couldn't start up his own YouTube show? Couldn't go to a primarily black program and help them get on? Smh ?
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is true, but who hasn't known this already. And I doubt Miley will be bigger than Rihanna.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never thought of this
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trillizm wrote: »
    so what about teena marie?
    she was cosigned by Rick James.

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He did get a cosign... From you and your kind. As disheartening as that is, in this climate, that's as powerful as the "black" vote.

• Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    macklemore music is ok not great but ok. It is very popish and his lyrics leave something to be desired but, it's catchy.
  • ItzGravitation
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

He did get a cosign... From you and your kind. As disheartening as that is, in this climate, that's as powerful as the "black" vote.

what you mean your kind ? ? ?
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your kind means exactly that. You're a fairy. A queen. A ? . Homosexual. ? . Butt pirate. ? . Rump romper... Need I go on?

"Your kind" co-signed Macklemore, ergo, a big part of his unusual relevancy, especially with no black co-sign and minimal black fans.

And please refrain from name calling. It just reaffirms my belief that not only are you genetically inferior, but also intellectually.

And unless you're Shaq or Jackie Chan, I'm pretty sure I'd kick your ass straight. Miss me with the ? .
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's white people who aint famous also.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and water is wet
  • ItzGravitation
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Your kind means exactly that. You're a fairy. A queen. A ? . Homosexual. ? . Butt pirate. ? . Rump romper... Need I go on?

"Your kind" co-signed Macklemore, ergo, a big part of his unusual relevancy, especially with no black co-sign and minimal black fans.

And please refrain from name calling. It just reaffirms my belief that not only are you genetically inferior, but also intellectually.

And unless you're Shaq or Jackie Chan, I'm pretty sure I'd kick your ass straight. Miss me with the ? .

i
    m no homoseual.
    and Macklemore made it off talent.
    i heard two singles from him before i heard anything about ? equality
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy, he complains about white people. Yet DJ Vlad gets all the exclusive interviews
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vlad loves to instigate ?
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my biggest issue with white people being in hip hop is the fact that they say, "this or this needs to change in hip hop."

mother ? gon somewhere.

you dont hear us talking that ? bout country, rock or techno.

just want white rappers to tell the truth, and say, "this rap ? scares me, im afraid of having my card pulled."

that's really what it boils down too. fear of being G-Checked. which is why they are attempting to affect change and make rap less aggressive.

THIS IS MY ONLY PROBLEM!!! You can rhyme and express yourself, but if you come in as a "guest" in a black dominant culture and want to change and make things acceptable because thats what YOU feel is acceptable, thats where we have a problem!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.