I mess with Troy Ave but....

Options
KamPushMe
KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in The Reason
this ? needs to chill

Troy Ave Calls Chance The Rapper A Drug Addict

Troy Ave, who released the second installment of his White Christmas mixtape over the holidays, recently spoke with NEHip-Hop.com and repeated a statement he made in November by telling the site that “Kendrick Lamar is a weirdo rapper.” He also referred to Chance The Rapper disparagingly as a "drug addict."

Speaking with NEHip-Hop.com, Troy Ave explained a short-lived disagreement with Statik Selektah stemming from the producer’s voting for Chance The Rapper as rookie of the year in a recent poll. “I wasn’t feeling Statik the other day man because Complex had a list of some ? , and rookie of the year, he voted for Chance The Rapper over me,” Troy Ave said. “And I said I’m gonna tell’em when I see’em, ‘That ? you did voting for Chance The Rapper over Troy Ave was corny ‘cause I don’t see Chance The Rapper at your parties or featuring on your records, you can’t be ? voting for drug addicts to be rookie of the year,’” he said in reference to the Acid Rap emcee.

“The game is twisted and ? up. How is a drug addict gonna be at the forefront of rap? That ? is corny. Basically, he cleared it up, he said there wasn’t like a list of names for him to choose from. He didn’t pick him over me, they just asked him, ‘Who do you vote for?' and they had to send out a name or whatever.”

Troy Ave added that he recorded new music for Statik Selektah’s upcoming album and that the producer also appears on his own latest release. “Other than that, Statik is cool, he actually on White Christmas 2, he made me a banger man,” he said.

The New York City: The Album artist further clarified his Kendrick Lamar comments in the interview as well, adding that he doesn’t mean it as a diss. “Kendrick say he actually ? with my music heavy,” he said. “I wasn’t dissing him or nothing, it’s like if somebody said ‘Troy Ave is a dark skin rapper,’ alright, that’s the truth. Kendrick Lamar is a weirdo rapper, you know what I mean? That don’t mean he don’t make good music, he got a few songs that I actually happen to like, but he’s a weirdo. Weirdo meaning different, you know what a weirdo is, you know what I mean. That’s what it is, it ain’t no dissing or nothing.”

Troy Ave made similar comments in November of 2013, beginning with a reference in a song called "New York City." “It was Big, Jay Z, now Troy Ave here after / But Kendrick Lamar's just a weirdo rapper," he raps on the N.O.R.E., Raekwon, and Prodigy featuring song. The rapper clarified the line when visiting the Hot 97 Morning Show with Peter Rosenberg and Cipha Sounds while promoting his debut album.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26875/title.troy-ave-calls-chance-the-rapper-a-drug-addict

Comments

• soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't nobody take that Troy Ave ? that serious...
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The first time i seen this ? was on rapfix and he kicked a wack ass freestyle, so i never checked fr the ? muzik. -shrugs-
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All that drug addict ? was extra, but he has a point. Troy Ave was everywhere this year... put out a dope album, a few mixtapes, features, etc. Chance dropped that album and just kinda sat there. If your only real move in the year was an album that wasn't even the best of the year to most people, how can you be rapper of the year? All that being said, Troy Ave is basura.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    All that drug addict ? was extra, but he has a point. Troy Ave was everywhere this year... put out a dope album, a few mixtapes, features, etc. Chance dropped that album and just kinda sat there. If your only real move in the year was an album that wasn't even the best of the year to most people, how can you be rapper of the year? All that being said, Troy Ave is basura.

Lol. Chance the rapper was everywhere last year. Troy ave just popped up in the last quarter. He was touring overseaa charting on the billboard and all over carious media platform

Troy ave has good music but this gimmick won't give him longevity
  • KamPushMe
    Options

Lol. Chance the rapper was everywhere last year. Troy ave just popped up in the last quarter. He was touring overseaa charting on the billboard and all over carious media platform

True ?
  • dagmarlena
    dagmarlena Members Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

I bet Troy Ave knows when an image is a mirror image.

?size=l
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    dagmarlena wrote: »

I bet Troy Ave knows when an image is a mirror image.

?size=l

I don't know what your trying do but you need to chill
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

After looking it up, yeah you right. He still hasn't made as much moves as Troy tho, whether or not he hit mainstream radar. I judge rappers on skill and resume, not on what the media tells me about them. And again, Troy Ave is basura.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chance was everywhere too tho..did hella features, a bunch of shows, had his own tour etc. Not to mention Acid Rap was pretty critically acclaimed, made a lot of end of year lists, was named rookie of the year by a couple publications..Chance put in work in 2013

And cosign Troy Ave being trash, ? on here gassed up that weak ass NYC album..

• KamPushMe
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »

Chance was everywhere too tho..did hella features, a bunch of shows, had his own tour etc. Not to mention Acid Rap was pretty critically acclaimed, made a lot of end of year lists, was named rookie of the year by a couple publications..Chance put in work in 2013

And cosign Troy Ave being trash, ? on here gassed up that weak ass NYC album..

Troy Ave aint trash but I agree with you
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kamp123 wrote: »
    Troy Ave aint trash but I agree with you

I understand his appeal, and even what he stands for I guess..I just don't think his music is very good or he's that nice on the mic

That NYC album was probably the most underwhelming thing I heard in 2013..but to each his own of course
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ? with both troy ave and chance but acid rap was better than any troy ave project head to head in 2013. Chance deserves rookie of the year.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Chance the Rapper tape soft as ? ....? shoulda named that ? Ass Raps
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    This ? chance b like

Uh na na na na na na

"Ah!
    What the ? is a troy av-e-nue nue
    His raps suck man they stink like do do
    I bono his girl call that ? U2
    Oh you dropped an album...hmm who knew"

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Chance the Rapper tape soft as ? ....? shoulda named that ? Ass Raps

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Acid raps was garbage.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    troy ave is trash
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wack just like his music.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy is dope... he might never blow because he embodies everything out of towners hate and fear about NY...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    i ? with both troy ave and chance but acid rap was better than any troy ave project head to head in 2013. Chance deserves rookie of the year.

This. Troy Ave just mad because he think Street music should reign supreme and blah blah blah. Guess what ? if street rappers were still making great music it would. Rappers that don't get the love they think they deserve always have some stupid ass excuse. NYC:the album was dope but acid rap was the best project of the year
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Troy is dope... he might never blow because he embodies everything out of towners hate and fear about NY...

This ?