• Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    Premeer wrote: »
    joker cried when scar set up mufasa

No, I did not. I was actually rooting for scar.

Mufasa was a despot. Scar was a champion of the underclass (the Hyenas). He was breaking social and class barriers when he rose against Mufasa and gave Hyenas a say in the dealings of the Kingdom.

The turbulence seen in the kingdom after Scar took over is akin to any post-revolution society. There's always going to be class warfare and some chaos, but in the long-run, any society will eventually thrive.

The Lion King was like Egypt post-Arab Spring. Mufasa was Hosni Mubarak. Scar and the Hyenas was the post-overthrow chaos that followed, and Symba coming back was like when Muhammad Morsi tookover and claimed dictatorship once again.

The real them in that movie, IMO, was that the upper class should always remain in power. It's just brainwashing by the oligarchy so they can remain in power.
    i saw it completely different...

i saw mufasa as ? , Scar as satan, Simba (Mufasa son) as Gods son Jesus..

but the mufasa set up wasnt satan killing ? .. that was another biblical story of cain and abel.. as a way to separate ? from the world.. cain killed abel out of jealousy..

the hyenas, scars people were his demons.. and the lions, were Gods angels...

and Simbas return to the land was Jesus' 2nd coming.

remember at the battle at the end of the movie, there was a fire, and who was casted into the fire.

in a nutshell.

The beauty of art is that it can be interpreted in many different ways. The failings of art is also that it can be interpereted i many different ways.

Like when you get those hippy ? who look at paintings of a fruitbowl on a table and talk about how the contrast of a shadow on the table is symbolism for the hungry and starved, and that a blue table cloth represents some ? like the struggle between the past and the future.

That said, The Lion King is just a re-rendering of an old African tale anyways, as are most 90's Disney animated movies.

biblical stories are washed and repeated in so many movies.. the Bible is the most famous book in the history of the earth... even tarzans appearance is based on Jesus as a baby.. found in a basket by a river, etc...

the lion king is exactly as i showed you...

why was scar jealous of mufasa and simba? because scar wanted their position of power... sound familiar, right? satan wants to be ? ... and hes not but his jealousy eats away at him so he declared war with ? ..

satan reigned on earth, as he is now.. just as scar reigned in the lion "KING"... whos the king of KINGS? ? . at the end of the movie, there was the battle of armageddon.. satan and his demons vs Jesus and His angels.. i mean, scar and his hyenas and Simba and his lions... and satan was casted into the fire... i mean scar was and his demons.. err.. hyenas.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Uncle dynamic from The Lion King and the basic story is largely if not almost entirely lifted from Hamlet. Not the Bible. I can see some of the similarities to biblical presentation, but it's not a complete Biblical retelling. If it was, then that would mean Hamlet and likely other Shakespeare stories were revisions of biblical archetypes. And the whole reason Shakespeare is so popular and so re-used is that he is credited with changing the dynamic of storytelling b/c of his introduction/popularization of little-used or previously-unused archetypes for stories.

And it was Moses in the basket, not Jesus.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @zombie
    you cried when you found out bob marley was black and white

can you just shut the ? up YOU ? house ? , Bob marley did not give a ? about his ? jewish father.
  • Premeer
    Options
    The Uncle dynamic from The Lion King and the basic story is largely if not almost entirely lifted from Hamlet. Not the Bible. I can see some of the similarities to biblical presentation, but it's not a complete Biblical retelling. If it was, then that would mean Hamlet and likely other Shakespeare stories were revisions of biblical archetypes. And the whole reason Shakespeare is so popular and so re-used is that he is credited with changing the dynamic of storytelling b/c of his introduction/popularization of little-used or previously-unused archetypes for stories.

i know i know.. hamlet, yea i know.

where do you think hamlet got their story from.

i explained it to you, the story lines over-lap. you cant deny the biblical influence but accept the hamlet influence.. cuz its all 1 and the same.
  • Premeer
    edited January 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    @zombie

can you just shut the ? up YOU ? house ? , Bob marley did not give a ? about his ? jewish father.

you so emotional. you probably spend the most time on the IC along with stopitfive... and you calling me a house ? .... not sure where this comes from lol. just had to get a insult in there i guess.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i explained it to you, the story lines over-lap. you cant deny the biblical influence but accept the hamlet influence.. cuz its all 1 and the same.

except Satan wasn't Jesus' uncle and didn't ? ? .

and i didn't deny some biblical overtones, it's just that that is what it is...some biblical overtones. the story is almost entirely lifted from Hamlet, right down to Timone and Pumba being the Rosencrantz & Gildenstern characters from Hamlet. Two characters that have been reinvented in countless stories post-Shakespeare's Hamlet.

But you've digressed from my main point, which was the modern political overtones and its parallel to post-Arab Spring Egypt.
  • Premeer
    Options

except Satan wasn't Jesus' uncle and didn't ? ? .
    i never said he was.

Jesus is Gods son and satan was Gods most powerful angel.

whether satan is Jesus' uncle or not is irrelevant to the story the lion king used from the Bible.. its a movie.. they are allowed to mix-match different things. the base is still there. no matter the titles of the people.

anyway. im conflicted.

bowl of cereal or noodles.. im torn. never thought this decision would be so tough.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @zombie

you so emotional. you probably spend the most time on the IC along with stopitfive... and you calling me a house ? .... not sure where this comes from lol. just had to get a insult in there i guess.

You support race mixing that's enough for me to call you a house ? DO me a favor don't @ me unless it's for a serious thread.
  • Premeer
    Options
    @zombie

You support race mixing that's enough for me to call you a house ? DO me a favor don't @ me unless it's for a serious thread.

i know i know.. let off all the steam.. woo sah, brah woo sah.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cried when I heard come sail away by Styx
  • Premeer
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I cried when I heard come sail away by Styx
    i cry when i hear true colors and lean on me
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, I did not. I did not know her to be crying.

you cried when you thought your mother was buying you some nikes but brought home some sikes wit the upside swoop

I did. Can't front. Y'all remember Brooks?

mbzKEPGxBd5pwTGLqCIKHjg.jpg

Bane of a young ? existence right there. ? had the fake Nike check and everything. Like ? couldn't spring for some heavy ass fila's or something? I used to go the ? off when I saw Brooks. Foh b. Got me tight just reliving the ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these white posters can't stop mentioning me. stop fantasying about the gawd.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you cry when my girl died
    Put out the hit politic ? worldwide grabbing my ?
    I'll never learn take away the pain with sherm
    Throwing gas on my enemies watching them burn
    Call my posse, I'm shooting up the casket take the body
    Whip the corpse like a piñata and party
    His last breath a straight lesson I posses like jewels
    Stay thugged out keep it moving
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Such a sickening display of faggotry
  • Premeer