Albums that are considered classics by general consensus in the real world u don't agree are

Options

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Blueprint
    RD
    Any 2pac album

Exhibit: A
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any Pac album, he has dope individual songs, but as far as the entire album? Hell nah! Dude couldn't pick beats and his group songs were usually beyond terrible. Dying doesn't put you on a pedestal over here.

Reasonable Doubt- snooze fest.

Any Eminem album- you can't have a classic with those wackass singles. Stop lowering the standards because he's white, popular and sold records.

Any Kanye album- he can't rap, stop the ? . How can you make a classic, if you can't rap?

... and all those other albums made by rappers who can't rap well. If you're not a great rapper, you can't make a classic IMO. The lyrics are half of the product.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WSC - Bow Down
    Dr Dre - Chronic 2001
    Pac - AEOM
    Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
    Missy -Supa Dupa Fly
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SSLP
    MDTF
    GKMC
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MMlp
    TES
    Reasonable doubt
    Anything TI or Wayne ever did (minus Tha Carter 1)
    And thats bout it
  • matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    Life after death
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    TM101
    RD
    Any non mixtape Lil Wayne project
    Yeezus (haven't heard it been called a classic yet, but people ? ride that album way too much)
    7 Day Theory (let's face it... that was just a really dope album that got overhyped cuz of his death)

I don't pull my hair out over what people call classic, that's their opinion and life. A lot of times those opinions are swayed by the media anyway. I get the value of these albums in hindsight, but they just didn't register to me when they came out

Ok bro understand TM101, but honestly it is a classic (south), just like classics from other regions are regional classics (ILLmatic, 400 degrees etc. RD slept on classic, 2Pac's MATW & 7 Day Theory are classics, but AEOM is just a good album in my opinion.7 Day Theory songs and bars been repeated in the last 2 decades so much it's crazy.

Me & My GF, Against All Odds, Hailmary, Blasphemy, White Man's World, Krazy, those are all timeless joints.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SSLP.. GKMC.. Carter1-3 .. distant relatives
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RD
    Miseducation of LH
    The score
    Wu forever
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    MBDTF..

Hell yeah. But i dont think its considered a classic by the general public though. It's mostly by Kanye fans just cuz it's a good album. That's what ? fans or stans usually do.

To the ppl that said RD, i kinda-sorta agree. I mean it technically really ain't a classic. I mean i already know what yall mean by that. But then again, it did kinda have a impact & influence even if it came years later as Jay became a big media name & i would say that's something classics all have in common.

SSLP is kinda the same thing.

Blueprint 1. Like the album but i just dont see it based on the music as well as everything else. I just think people used that album as a reference based on thats the period Kanye became a name, the day the album dropped as well as the Nas & Mobb Deep ? .

Carter 3. This proves my point. Any album that just marks an era isnt necessarily a classic. Just cuz ppl remember the Wayne hype & the records he sold doesnt make the album a classic. But the only ppl i hear say that are younger kids who now turning a lil older.

Thats why i keep saying how much radio/tv/popularity play plays a huge part in what mofos call classic & good album, whether they realize it or not.

TM101.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any lil wayne album and TM101
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Life After Death
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    i only hear classic on the IC.
    in the non internet world an album is good, bad or ok when i discuss it with other people
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GKMC
    Stankonia
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anything kanye
    anything biggie
    anything clipse.....none of these popular artists have classics

outkast: southernplaya whatever

lil wayne: carter 2

jay-z: american gangsta, black album (dont know if ppl consider that classic)

kendrick: GKMC

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any Eminem album

• Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn mbdtf isn't a classic? What do ? have to do these days to get a classic rating
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course but got damn
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    Got damn mbdtf isn't a classic? What do ? have to do these days to get a classic rating

Oh, okay..maybe hip-hop has to be focus around what you think & say is a classic? A classic isnt simply "good album". Just cuz Kanye made it & is a popular figure & you thought it was good does still not make it good. Also, if you think it's good, who are you?

My point is, you can HATE Snoop & ? all you want but there is no doubt that it's a classic, no? Why? Aside from the actual music it was something innovating at the time, something with a HUGE impact & influence, still holds up to this day & the album still is relevant/played & reference to today & so on - things like that makes it classic.

Not just cuz a ? is super popular & happens to have another good album it's classic, & then just based on the music cuz YOU said so.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF definitely a classic. Not even just a hip hop classic.