Albums that are considered classics by general consensus in the real world u don't agree are

Options

Comments

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    TM101
    RD
    Any non mixtape Lil Wayne project
    Yeezus (haven't heard it been called a classic yet, but people ? ride that album way too much)
    7 Day Theory (let's face it... that was just a really dope album that got overhyped cuz of his death)

I don't pull my hair out over what people call classic, that's their opinion and life. A lot of times those opinions are swayed by the media anyway. I get the value of these albums in hindsight, but they just didn't register to me when they came out.

I was with you until you said "7 Day Theory"..
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @snuffdaddy damm son you really caught some feelings son. The album is universally acclaimed, with major publications like rolling Stone and pitchfork giving the album perfect ratings. When did I say anything close to saying that my opinion is the only one that matters? I actually said the opposite, but nonetheless this is a discussion board and everyone is entitled to post their opinions...and to be frank, my opinion is that you must be tone deaf if you don't think mbdtf is a classic. Ironically the same reasons you listed for doggystyke being a classic is identical to what mbdtf did. But then again, I could really give a ? what you think Holmes. I've been posting on this site for years under various screen names and your reaction is by far the most homotional sensitive ass reply to one of my posts ive ever seen.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any Masta Ace album
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    MBDTF definitely a classic. Not even just a hip hop classic.

cosign
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Score? Miseducation? Mate come on
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich or Die Tryin'. I thought that ? was average when I was 13 and I think it's average now.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blueprint
    Any of Jeezy's albums
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt... I like some trks, but dont consider it a classic.

Lol, looking at yall lists, im interested to see what yall consider classics
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of these albums people are listing have to be trolling efforts. ? are saying MBDTF, RD, Blueprint, any of Biggies albums and the Chronic aren't classics??? Huh??? Miseducation ain't a classic?? What the ? are ? listening to then??
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TM101 just neva got da hype wit jeezy
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign TM101.....its an okay album due to the production, other than that those "Snowman" t-shirts >>>> the album
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    Reasonable Doubt... I like some trks, but dont consider it a classic.

Lol, looking at yall lists, im interested to see what yall consider classics

Easily Jay Z's best album though
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    @snuffdaddy damm son you really caught some feelings son.

Stopped reading after this. Nothing i said made me come off as catching feelings. So its a pointless discussion. You just tryna win the argument & troll..& i aint gonna let you.

But most of you said doesnt even make sense or are synanamous with being a classic. I guess if Complex calls it classic then its a universally acclaimed album then. Great..
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of y'all need to just leave hip hop alone FOREVER!!!! You ain't gotta like something for it to be a classic some of y'all either putting y'all feelings WAAAY too deep into your list or you just trolling cuz you can't be serious... I mean pretty much what I got from y'all so far is jay don't got no classics, pac don't got no classics, ye ain't got no classic, em ain't got no classic, chronic and life after death ain't no classic, wtf is wrong with y'all.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    only on the IC have i saw the following albums listed as classic...
    1.Illmatic
    2. Miseducayion.
    3. Any Wu Tang/affiliate album.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so many things have to be considered when calling an album a classic. with that said i respect the status when given by the majority even if i personally dont like an album. albums that are considered to be classics that dont do much for me but i still can acknowledge their status...

illmatic...never did anything for me.
    all eyez on me...just not a pac fan
    ? ...i can take it or leave it

still i respect that these albums are recognized by the majority of people as classics. even though i dont like them their impact cant be denied
  • GunTown
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Blueprint

Agreed
  • sum!
    sum! Members Posts: 29
    Options
    Jay Z-Blueprint
    Scarface-The Fix (i got the album too...fire...but not all the way)
    Outkast-Speakerboxx/The Love Below
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    MBDTF
    Slim shady LP
    The low end theory
    Resurrection
    Lethal injection
    The black album
    Supreme clientele

I got more but I know it would lead to even more feelings being caught

Was with you until Supreme Clientele now you can eat ? and die.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @snuffdaddy nobody's trolling here, and clearly you read the entire post because you had so much to say about it. When mbdtf dropped it was as big of an impact as ? . Where were you when then internet was going crazy over good Fridays, or when the runaway video dropped and set the record for fastest amount of YouTube views and comments. What about legendary artists from other genres like Lou Reed calling the album one of the greatest albums in history? And what about critically acclaimed in every music publication, an artist who prior to the release was being hated on by everyone even the president, but yet rolling Stone was compelled to give the album a classic rating despite a Taylor Swift cover article only months prior. Regardless of your personal opinions about the music your thoughts in regards to the impact it had are completely false.

But even if you hate the album I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, just expressing my opinion about a album I feel is a masterpiece. This is a discussion board, should I sugar coat everyone of my posts with a disclaimer (these views are my own and do not reflect the opinions of everyone in the galaxy). Let this be the last word on the subject because you clearly have issues with comprehension and feelings
  • GunTown
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Blueprint

Agreed it's not anywhere near a classic even though it isn't considered a classic in the first place

• GunTown
    Options
  • peterpiffin
    peterpiffin Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    TM101
    RD
    Yeezus (haven't heard it been called a classic yet, but people ? ride that album way too much)
    7 Day Theory (let's face it... that was just a really dope album that got overhyped cuz of his death)

I don't pull my hair out over what people call classic, that's their opinion and life. A lot of times those opinions are swayed by the media anyway. I get the value of these albums in hindsight, but they just didn't register to me when they came out.

Agree with Reasonable Doubt

Disagree with 7 Day Theory

please explain. im not saying you are wrong but please explain.
  • GunTown
    Options
    TM101
    RD

Agree with Reasonable Doubt

Disagree with 7 Day Theory

please explain. im not saying you are wrong but please explain.

I don't think it's aged well and it sounds out dated to me, and i think it has quite a lotta skippable songs and i feel a classic album to me is an album where u don't have to skip any song. Overall it basically lacks replay value to me
  • GunTown
    Options
    The Black Album

Not considered a classic album