Jay Z & NaS: What are the WORST songs of their careers??????

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Reason
After asking what is the most under-rated album of their careers. This thread is for fans to take them to task on their weak material. Sure they both will be Top 10 at the end of the day so these songs did not end or hurt their status but wack is wack. This thread is for those NaS and Jay songs that will forever get the skip button:

NaS - Big Girl (WTF was NaS thinking? That hook is horrible)

Jay Z - S. Carter (Amil's hook is unlistenable and Jay's verses were so weak he should be ashamed)

Add On.

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    'Parkin Lot Pimpin' and 'The R.O.C.' off of the Dynasty album...weird album, had some o his greatest and worst songs on 1 cd. Worst ever tho may be Pop 4 Roc off Vol. 3 *shudders*

c/s S. Carter, Yuck.

Oh yea, Too Many Hoes and The Bounce off BP2
  • dubzz
    dubzz Members Posts: 187
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas: Oochi Walli, Zone Out

Jay Z: Dig a Hole, and the song with Mariah Carey
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    NaS - Braveheart Party (NaS is lucky he got the song off "STILLmatic" or it might have hurt it's Classic Status. Sadly for me, I brought the album at Target when it dropped and it still has "Braveheart Party" on it. Pathetic and Sad song)

Jay Z - Justify My Thug (Flipping the Madonna Song? Weak Jay)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    NaS - Braveheart Party (NaS is lucky he got the song off "STILLmatic" or it might have hurt it's Classic Status. Sadly for me, I brought the album at Target when it dropped and it still has "Braveheart Party" on it. Pathetic and Sad song)

@ Braveheart Party *convulses* Oh my, hat is an all time worst song from anyone, true story

@Justify My Thug- u aint ? wit that beat tho? DJ Quik kinda put in work
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options

I have the copy with Braveheart Party on it too smh.

I disagree with you about Justify My Thug.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    off the top of my head....

Nas - "Nas is coming", "Dr. Knockboot", "Big Girl", "Braveheart Party", "Who Killed It", "Rule", "Who Killed It", "American Way"...
    Jay-Z - "I know what girls like", "Lucifer", "Change Clothes", "Hollywood", a majority of BP3, "Justify my thug", "Moment of clarity", "Hello Brooklyn", "Snoopy Track", "Lost Ones"
  • bklyn90
    bklyn90 Members Posts: 18
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol yea zone out and rule were lead 4 nas

but 4 me

nas-dr.knockboots
    jay-wut girls like
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited May 2010
    Options
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »

Nas - "Nas is coming", "Dr. Knockboot", "Big Girl", "Braveheart Party", "Who Killed It", "Rule", "Who Killed It", "American Way"...
    Jay-Z - "I know what girls like", "Lucifer", "Change Clothes", "Hollywood", a majority of BP3, "Justify my thug", "Moment of clarity", "Hello Brooklyn", "Snoopy Track", "Lost Ones"

LOL, "Lucifer" was dope mostly cause of the beat, "Rule" had a great message but felt like a cheap attempt at making a "I ruled the world Part II". I've defended "Who Killed It" in the past for it's creativity, but I understand someone saying it was weak. LOL @ "I know what girls like", that song Jay really felt he was on Bad Boy, LOL. "Hello Brooklyn" Wayne hurt and made the song bad. Sounded like he was choking as he was singing the hook. "Lost Ones" is not a bad song, dope record. "Snoopy Track" was ok, it was different wouldn't say it was wack. LOL @ "Change Clothes" it was just one of those commerical songs that you are like come on Jay?. LOL @ "American Way", NaS's version of "Going Back To Cali". A lot of this I agree with Espeically "Moment of Clarity" as well as the "Cross" for NaS. Eminem's production hurt those songs even though the lyrics were on point.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Zone out & Sunshine
  • churchboy2
    edited May 2010
    Options

I disgree here.

Any way that you slice it, Lost Ones was a great song.

Dope beat, dope (and meaningful) lyrics, a great hook from Chrisette. Even the vid was dope.

I'm not seeing you on this one.
  • YamoleySensei
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Churchboy2 wrote: »

I disgree here.

Dope beat, dope (and meaningful) lyrics, a great hook from Chrisette. Even the vid was dope.

Well I think the exact opposite....no matter what anyone says, the song is downright awful in my opinion
  • churchboy2
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well I think the exact opposite....no matter what anyone says, the song is downright awful in my opinion

edited May 2010
    Options
    zone out and that trash single off kingdom come

and wtf is braveheart party my stillmatic aint have that ?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas/'Blunt Ashes' off HHID

Jay Z/ BP3...
  • CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Churchboy2 wrote: »

I disgree here.

I know right that ? wilding... and he pick some of the dopest songs from both artist

Lucifer- one of jayz best songs... beat is tight. message and wordplay was amazing.
    hate to hear what you considered their best songs but, whatever to each his own. cant please everybody
  • ef cuttin2.0
    ef cuttin2.0 Members Posts: 252
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas:Braveheart Party,Rule,65% of Streets Disciple and 95% of Nastrodamus
    Jay:Sunshine,Girls Like,Pop 4 Roc,the beat 4 Hola Hovito sounded like a ? attempt @ a backpack record,80% of both of the BOBW albums...
  • YamoleySensei
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas:Braveheart Party,Rule,65% of Streets Disciple and 95% of Nastrodamus
    Jay:Sunshine,Girls Like,Pop 4 Roc,the beat 4 Hola Hovito sounded like a ? attempt @ a backpack record,80% of both of the BOBW albums...

In fairness, I try to disregard those BOBW albums being that it's a group effort....but you're right, a majority of those songs are ? awful....
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    am i really reading snoopy track & lucifer???? those are great tracks!!

for jay i'd have to say off the top of my head... "my first song"

nas: makings of a perfect ? .
  • ef cuttin2.0
    ef cuttin2.0 Members Posts: 252
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In fairness, I try to disregard those BOBW albums being that it's a group effort....but you're right, a majority of those songs are ? awful....

Jay gotta take his half L LMFAO!!!!!
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Ballad for the Fallen Soldier....HATED THIS ? .
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Ballad for the Fallen Soldier....HATED THIS ? .

LOL... one of my fave Jay Joints

This thread about to go plat...