Dope Rap from DMV area ( DC, MD and VA)

Options
Kalecrunch
Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who has been making dope music from the DMV?
Rappers, producers and mixtapes etc

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    foh , most of the mfs on that list is from southern va. And the dmv doesnt even claim them mfs. Half of the ? in the dmv barely listen to rap like that. Most ? listen to go go. Thats why there's not alot of rappers from the area cuz most of them ? who do rhyme are in a go go band.

We had mad talent come out of the dmv rnb wise tho...
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    @NoodlesMcGrowcious Why divide up Wahington into South and North Washington? Its all 1 city?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    Oddisee
    I'll have to check out Oddissee wasn't familiar with him.Until you posted his song with Kev Brown. I have heard of Kev Brown he's a good producer.

I saw a youtube clip of Busta Rhymes saying he has a collection of Kev Brown beats and Dilla beats.

• gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WOAT region, imo.
  • big meech
    big meech Members Posts: 96
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »
    WOAT region, imo.
    ? your opinion then

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got dammit...Look...Yalll ? gotta understand that from the outside Lookin in...The DMV is all the same ? ...And y'all needa work together and support artists from each state, same as NC/SC...I love visiting the area, and I love y'all music...But again, outside Lookin in, y'all fight over the dumbest ? cuh...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC Metro>DMW as a term
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Im all for unity. Im just sayin ? in the dmv area dont consider southern va the dmv. The area the clipse ,missy ,etc are from is about 4-5 hrs away, thats like a trip to philly goin north.
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    Yeah Tidewater 757 VA Beach area where Push, Missy and them don't really have anything to do with DMV/ DC Metro
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Like some said a few of them barely claim the DMV or vice versa. Most of them dude above named are R&B/other artists &/or producers too. I'd say the only rappers right now are Wale & Trel. Wale doing a good job of repping yall town, musically, but he gets alot of ? from his city it seems & then ppl saying he aint even from DC, getting all technical & ? . DMX was born in Baltimore & lived back & forth, but dude obviously is from Y.O.

But the DMV also seems like a place with a chip on it's shoulder. Im not from there so im only speaking on my experience. Places like the Bay area are likewise. So it's alot of catch 22's with ppl from places like that.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NY DMV dont have no unity or consensus as to its borders...
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would let yall hear my ? but idk how to put YouTube vids on here smh
  • TrueraPP
    TrueraPP Members Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DC ? hate on PG ? .

DC/bmore ? hate eachother....

PG ? just want to be down....

Don't nobody care about VA ? .

There you have it DMV in a whole.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would let yall hear my ? but idk how to put YouTube vids on here smh

Just post the url
  • double0suge
    Options
  • double0suge
    Options
    TrueraPP wrote: »
    DC ? hate on PG ? .

hate on pg ? ??? since when?!
  • double0suge
    Options
    TrueraPP wrote: »
    DC ? hate on PG ? .

DC ? do hate on PG ? .
    The funny thing is, most people from PG are actually from DC, especially lately. The County's been flooded with DC ? ever since the cost of living has been inflated. Even beforehand there was mainly DC ? in PG County. It was like being a cashier at McDonald's. Everybody orders the cheeseburger or double cheeseburger, but every once in a while somebody would order a hamburger. The ? from DC are the cheeseburgers/double cheeseburgers but the ? actually from PG would be like the hamburger.

DC ? don't really hate Baltimore ? , they're just scared of them. End of story. A ? from DC will be quick to give a Baltimore ? his due, but a ? from Baltimore will be quick smash on a DC ? . DC ? know that too. Even my Dad said when he was younger (and this was a LONG ? time ago) he and his Men used to ride thru here and throw ? -Filled Balloons and Beer Bottles at DC ? .

PG ? . Alot of PG ? (who are actually from PG) be chill. City ? (DC ? ) just be in the way. I cant lie tho. PG & VA ? really do wish they were City ? . Not Me tho, I always thought DC was overrated and boring. If you've ever hung out in The City on the regular then u know what I mean. Just try going to a Club (most of em anyway).

VA ? (Northern VA). VA ? are like the little Brother of the Trio. DC ? would be the Older Bigger Brother and PG ? would be the Middle Brother and Mo County ? would be the 1st Cousin. Everything (basically) you would imagine what the little youngest Brother is iz exactly what VA ? are. Thing is, VA ? are more slicker, more focused, more Money Orientated, and more Fun (to be honest). They know how to get Money just like they know how to throw a House Party (thank u White Boys). And in places where u'd think all the white people live at there's mostly Latin & Black people there. Alot of ? will throw u off if u not from the area.

That's South Washington for you

lol smh so much wrong wit this ? .. scared of Bmore ? , hating on pg ? ... news to me
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so one video has been posted...
    does a NY cat have to show y'all how to do this, son?
  • double0suge
    Options
    so one video has been posted...
    does a NY cat have to show y'all how to do this, son?

no son, I posted a vid too..
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    I'm about to listen for the first time to N. VA's Black Cobain mixtape
    Not bad to be on a remix with Rick Ross and French Montonta and others aready.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kalecrunch listen to "Young Gifted & Black" that's his best one IMO
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    We shouldn't even be The DMV foreal foreal. We should be called South Washington. Becuz it's the Southern Area of George Washington....

And Virginia should have it's own Musical Appreciation. DC ? & Maryland ? are living off of their fame and talent foreal. But they'll be the first people to denounce Virginia as part of the DMV

? please. Marvin Gaye is from SE DC. That alone ? on anything VA has given to music.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NY DMV dont have no unity or consensus as to its borders...

NONE its da reason Maryland nd its surrounding areas will neva blow up lls