Jay Z & NaS: What are the WORST songs of their careers??????

Options

Comments

• garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hate is the worst song i've ever heard from any rap artist

its cold in the d>Hate

what possesed Jay too make that track i don't know ? is horrible and add Ghetto Techno to the list.

For Nas- Sekous Story Braveheart Party are the epitome of wack songs add Cross to the list also, thats what happens when you get Em to produce a beat for you.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Hate is the worst song i've ever heard from any rap artist

its cold in the d>Hate

what possesed Jay too make that track i don't know ? is horrible and add Ghetto Techno to the list.

For Nas- Sekous Story Braveheart Party are the epitome of wack songs add Cross to the list also, thats what happens when you get Em to produce a beat for you.

I feel you on that one...
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not worse song, but i'm pretty sure that Jay-Z would like to erase the "Sunshine" music video from all of our memory banks
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree "Hate" had to be Top 10 Worst JAY Z Track ever. One of Ye's worst beats ever also. Speaking of songs that were wack from their last albums. What was NaS thinking with "Make the World go round", LOL @ that commerical ass song on a deep ablum like "Untitled". The song was weak and didn't fit the album at all. LOL @ NaS making it a single
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Beware wrote: »
    am i really reading snoopy track & lucifer???? those are great tracks!!

for jay i'd have to say off the top of my head... "my first song"

nas: makings of a perfect ? .

My First Song?? u serious?
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They don't have any.
  • 15_and_Fowler
    15_and_Fowler Members Posts: 21
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For nas I really never understood that hate for "braveheart party"..imo the song is IIGHT for the most part,When stillmatic came out I didnt skip that track, ill just let it play through. But for Jay I say 70 percent of kingdom come, especially "beach chair" and "anything"
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited May 2010
    Options
    some of this responses got me like 0_o

nas: big things, dr. knockboots, most of nastradomus, half of streets disciple, make the world go around (the ? was Nas thinkin making that ? )

jay: sunshine, i know what girls like, those tracks w/ Mariah Carey, Damn near the entire vol3 except for 6 songs, Anything (KG one), Hollywood, I made it
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For nas I really never understood that hate for "braveheart party"..imo the song is IIGHT for the most part,When stillmatic came out I didnt skip that track, ill just let it play through.

NaS featuring Mary J Blige - Braveheart Party (Produced by Swizz Beatz)

Well you might need to tak another listen, that song is horrible from top to bottom. Whats sad is you have Mary J and NaS two legendary artist and Swizz on the Beat yet the song was a mess. It sounded like some bad club dance song, it's one of the biggest "WTF" moments of NaS's career for me. It just didn't fit him. I laugh every time I hear the song cause it was basically the only wack song in a sea of Classic Material on "STILLmatic".
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow 1st time I heard that Braveheart part, that ? was terrible. this one too

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas - Big things (with that ? ass double pace flow)
    Jay-z - Ghetto Techno (smh)

PS Beach Chair is probably a top 5 Jay-z song, then again im into music like Cold Play and Radiohead.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    not worse song, but i'm pretty sure that Jay-Z would like to erase the "Sunshine" music video from all of our memory banks

i never though Sunshine was THAT BAD. Jay & Foxy had good chemistry on that joint, but the video...yeah!!! I think some ppl take how horrible the video was and let it influence how they view the actual song.
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For nas I really never understood that hate for "braveheart party"..imo the song is IIGHT for the most part,When stillmatic came out I didnt skip that track, ill just let it play through. But for Jay I say 70 percent of kingdom come, especially "beach chair" and "anything"

? you really think 70% of Kingdom Come was wack, you can't be ? serious SMFH!!!! Kingdom Come was one of Jay's best albums in his career, hell if you want an album with 70% wack ? from Jay, it's Vol. 1 that album was toilet bowl water with turds in it
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jay-Z -I know what girls like, Poppin Tags, Sunshine, What They Gonna Do, The Bounce, '03 Bonnie & Clyde, 2 Many Hoes, Things That U Do, ? All Nite

Nas- Nastradamus, You Owe Me.
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jay-Z -I know what girls like, Poppin Tags, Sunshine, What They Gonna Do, The Bounce, '03 Bonnie & Clyde, 2 Many Hoes, Things That U Do, ? All Nite

Nas- Nastradamus, You Owe Me.

You were on point with the exception of '03 Bonnie & Clyde. That track is dope - straight up.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? you really think 70% of Kingdom Come was wack, you can't be ? serious SMFH!!!! Kingdom Come was one of Jay's best albums in his career, hell if you want an album with 70% wack ? from Jay, it's Vol. 1 that album was toilet bowl water with turds in it

...??? I know a lot of ppl that think Vol. 1 is a classic minus 2 songs and in the top 5 for Jay's catalog. but to each his own.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BIG THINGS - Nas ..

Damn .. that songs sucks.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas - Big Things, Money Is My ? , Braveheart Party, Making Of A Perfect ? , Big Things, UBR, etc.

Jay-Z - Hate, Already Home, Sunshine, I Know What Girls Like, Ballad For The Fallen Soldiers (To add to this fail, he bit a Prodigy line SMH), Things That You Do, Girls Best Friend, etc.
  • therealist_
    edited May 2010
    Options
    smh .. "Zone Out" - Nas
  • therealist_
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "My Country" - Nas
    (ducks)

"Live Forever" - Jay
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I liked a lot of the songs that were mentioned. Hm.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Blueprint 3 as a whole ( I appreciate the DOA effort tho cuz ? autotune, I still don't think the song is good)

yall pretty much covered Nas' weak joints
  • aquizzle
    aquizzle Members Posts: 589
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? mentioned a lot of tracks I consider good or at least tolerable in here. Interesting
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Blueprint 3 as a whole ( I appreciate the DOA effort tho cuz ? autotune, I still don't think the song is good)

yall pretty much covered Nas' weak joints

There are some skippable tracks in BP3, but the whole thing?

How can anyone think that "Thank You" was wack?

• Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas- Who Killed It...ughhhhh

Jay- Pop 4 Roc