Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    this needs to be in the reason.

they need to see the damage they are doing to our music.

? dont make sense, how the ? robin thicke and timberlake be putting out straight up r&b like we use to.

how the ? can they do it and it goes diamond but we can't?

music has lost its soul. plain and simple.

this is just proof.

the great jew agenda of making hip hop and r&b white friendly has made the soulful black singer extinct.

good job 90's babies. we gave you the torch and look what you did with it, you gave to the damn white folks.

Outside Blurred Lines the single, Robin Thicke's actual album hasn't sold that well though. It's barely over gold....I think sometimes people get the success of a single or two confused with how popular/successful an artist is overall. White folks ain't running R&B no more than they were before just because Justin Timberlake managed to be the one artist to outsell damn near everybody in every genre in one year

im not talking about just the success.

im talking about the entire hostile takeover that everyone seems to be ignoring.

also that one song creates a daisy chain of similar effects till someone eventually gets the formula right for an entire album.

robin thicke is on JT's coattails to deny that would be foolish. he is also one of the current faces of r&b.

so yeah, ? sales.
    cause the agenda is still there.

they will continue to push him.

If Robin Thicke is on JT's coat tails he's doing a ? job. Think about how long Robin Thicke done been around, now think about how many big hit singles he's had in over a decade of making music...2. Even he admits he doesn't have a huge base. Blurred Lines was hit first big hit since "Lost Without You" and that was years back in 2007. He's not really all that big/successful of an artist or has that strong of an influence if it takes you 6 years in between major hit songs.

dont matter, he is still a tool in the agenda to white wash music.

Overstating his impact is going to cause you to miss the people who are actually doing the ? up ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the mere fact that rihanna is being proped up as a gotdamn vocal powerhouse in this era only furthers the point that music isn't about the music any more.

In most genres right now image/marketing>>>actual product. People are selling "brands/lifestyles" instead of music and thats what fans are buying into. The artists with the biggest followings are the ones whose fans want to imitate them the most. That's why all these fan groups got those ? nicknames for themselves. It's why Rihanna whose career sounds like one long ass song, manages to put out album after album because her fans actually buy into her image and buy her albums. As much as people say they want "real music back" it's hard to say that when her fans manage to buy millions of her singles/albums but a Jazmine Sullivan can't ? gold...that part is on the consumer

I been telling these ? all day that commercial consumption =/= quality, they won't listen to me.

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? need to step y'all game up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about this new chick emelie i think her name is. I feel if she was white she'd be on Adele status right now. And yall trippin on Adele looks. She is large but her face gorgeous, not ugly at all, jus sayin.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    I am surprised Adele doesn't get more respect and love in the urban community because with her u know there's no image factor no 1 is buying her CDs or singles because they think she sexy or because they got a crush on her it's because they genuinley love her music

Not to mention she has a really soulful voice
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this needs to be in the reason.

they need to see the damage they are doing to our music.

? dont make sense, how the ? robin thicke and timberlake be putting out straight up r&b like we use to.

how the ? can they do it and it goes diamond but we can't?

music has lost its soul. plain and simple.

this is just proof.

the great jew agenda of making hip hop and r&b white friendly has made the soulful black singer extinct.

good job 90's babies. we gave you the torch and look what you did with it, you gave to the damn white folks.

Outside Blurred Lines the single, Robin Thicke's actual album hasn't sold that well though. It's barely over gold....I think sometimes people get the success of a single or two confused with how popular/successful an artist is overall. White folks ain't running R&B no more than they were before just because Justin Timberlake managed to be the one artist to outsell damn near everybody in every genre in one year

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the same time black artists are tearing up the touring scene. Beyonce did an entire us tour sold out markets across the country then went and did the same cities again and sold them out again. Kanye and kendrick same ? as well. Jay while with the help of justin sold out the rose bowl and every damn ballpark yet again.

And yet again on the college scene hip hop and mostly black artists won getting college gigs. Damn near every major and minor college concert featured a hip hop artist either co headlining or headlining a show coast to coast. Okay so maybe there wasn't a chart topping #1. But hip hop culture and black artists have more of a chance to reach across to any segment of the population or at least any country city or state.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never messed with Justin.. I prefer older Robin Thicke his sounds was more soulful and unlike Justine seemed more genuine and not manufactured.
  • GunTown
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    At the same time black artists are tearing up the touring scene. Beyonce did an entire us tour sold out markets across the country then went and did the same cities again and sold them out again. Kanye and kendrick same ? as well. Jay while with the help of justin sold out the rose bowl and every damn ballpark yet again.

And yet again on the college scene hip hop and mostly black artists won getting college gigs. Damn near every major and minor college concert featured a hip hop artist either co headlining or headlining a show coast to coast. Okay so maybe there wasn't a chart topping #1. But hip hop culture and black artists have more of a chance to reach across to any segment of the population or at least any country city or state.

1 thing u always said and kept it 100 with is besides Eminem and The Beastie Boys no other white rapper has sold succesfully or had longevity with sales or had numorous platinum plaques those 2 are the only white rappers to have sold

But the I.C. acts like that's gonna change wen there is no evidence of that happening there's only been 2 white artists to have sold multi platinum and diamond while there is an endless list of black rappers who have sold platinum/multi platinum or diamond

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/490045/justin-timberlake-ft-jay-z-suit-and-tie-official-video

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/492063/something-i-think-we-are-forgetting-with-this-new-suit-tie-song

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/comment/5568841#Comment_5568841

? y'all. You ? stay putting them on the pedestal. Now you wanna complain. Shouldn't have been ? with the culture vultures in the first place. Bunch a fake ass militants. Most you ? make sick.

wild generalizations and misplaced blame...
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sidenote...and I know yall finna come for my neck for this, but here goes.

I know we like to clown Tyler Perry for writing ? fables, but we have to give credit where credit is due: dude searches far and wide for black talent that would otherwise not see the light of day. I used to watch his plays when my mom made me and TBH he had some craaaazy good singers in his plays. He gives our people a platform that otherwise wouldn't be there.

http://youtu.be/ZA4Bf7zZNGw
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my comment from one of those threads...
    ? is wack to me... ? dont even know what soul music and hip hop supposed to sound like anymore...
  • GunTown
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    GunTown wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

1 thing u always said and kept it 100 with is besides Eminem and The Beastie Boys no other white rapper has sold succesfully or had longevity with sales or had numorous platinum plaques those 2 are the only white rappers to have sold

But the I.C. acts like that's gonna change wen there is no evidence of that happening there's only been 2 white artists to have sold multi platinum and diamond while there is an endless list of black rappers who have sold platinum/multi platinum or diamond

TheICDoesntCare.jpg

That's how it should be because only 1 sells really great

The rest stay flopping
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perfect example...

Was listening to XM radio in a rental car summer of last year and this song came on.

I was amazed...she has a gorgeous voice and I couldn't figure out why I had never heard of this chick

Till I youtubed her video, that explained everything. Looked her up on wiki, and just as I suspected, she'd been a background singer for a number of major artists.

http://youtu.be/lELxn-WxdYQ[l]

My dude I just heard this ? today in the car...I was jamming hard body
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/490045/justin-timberlake-ft-jay-z-suit-and-tie-official-video

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/492063/something-i-think-we-are-forgetting-with-this-new-suit-tie-song

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/comment/5568841#Comment_5568841

? y'all. You ? stay putting them on the pedestal. Now you wanna complain. Shouldn't have been ? with the culture vultures in the first place. Bunch a fake ass militants. Most you ? make sick.

i see you put one of my threads up there, but didnt point out the fact that i was calling him a biter.

interesting.

I just searched jt suit and tie and those threads came up wasn't trying fire at you. Common denominator is that black_Gerald ? tho.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    More the posts in the threads than the actual threads was what I was getting at.