Rare Hip Hop Pictures

Options

Comments

• east1999
    east1999 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Options
    what i dont get is why was snoop always cool with biggie and avoided dissing him when biggie was responsible for getting his trailor shot up when they were in n.y filming the dogg pound video?
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont understand how a thread called "rare hip-hop pictures" turned into 2-3 ? dudes posting their photobook collection of nothing but 2pac pictures. Is this one of them Makaveli forums? Jesus christ.

LOL @ being on another level based on pictures.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let your feelings flow homie
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    I dont understand how a thread called "rare hip-hop pictures" turned into 2-3 ? dudes posting their photobook collection of nothing but 2pac pictures. Is this one of them Makaveli forums? Jesus christ.

The 2Pac man crush is weird and insane
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    east1999 wrote: »
    what i dont get is why was snoop always cool with biggie and avoided dissing him when biggie was responsible for getting his trailor shot up when they were in n.y filming the dogg pound video?

Snoop and Biggie hung out prior to Pac and Biggie situation. When Snoop and Dogg Pound were filming for 'New York, New York' video Snoop never said Biggie's people shot at them specifically, or that Biggie was resposnsible in any interview ever. Who knows who was responsible? After the shooting the video showed Snoop kicking down NY buildings, it was originaly paying homage to NY using the Grandster Flash and Furious Five hook.
    Snoop in interview has said he has spent time with Biggie in studio.

Karupt explains whole situation here:
    Even though Tha Dogg Pound’s “New York, New York” was viewed by many Rap fans as a diss of New York, Kurupt says that the 1995 song started out as a tribute to the birthplace of Hip Hop culture.

“It wasn’t even going after New York,” Kurupt says during an interview with xxlmag.com. “It wasn’t a diss record. It really wasn’t. ‘New York, New York’ was a record that we made in dedication to New York. We really felt that New York created Hip Hop. New York created battle rap and the whole ball of wax so what I did was a battle rap on this beat DJ Pooh did.”

The song almost didn’t come to fruition, though, Kurupt says to xxlmag.com, because DJ Pooh had given the instrumental to The Notorious B.I.G. for a St. Ides commercial. But since the music was only used for a commercial, Tha Dogg Pound made the song nonetheless.

“Snoop [Dogg] came in the studio when I was laying my second verse,” Kurupt says to xxlmag.com. “I laid the first verse in one day and then the next day I laid the second verse. And then when I laid the second verse Snoop came through and he came in and he just got finished listening to Melle Mel, Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five. He came in saying ‘New York, New York. Big city of dreams and everything in New York ain’t always what it seems. You might get fooled when you come from out of town but I’m down by law and know my way around.’ He was singing the Melle Mel chorus [from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five’s ‘New York New York’]. He was singing the chorus and we was like, ‘That’s ? ’s perfect. It fits perfect.’”

It was during the so-called East Coast-West Coast rivalry when Tha Dogg Pound went to New York to film the video for “New York, New York.” Snow was falling and the crew was filmed having fun.

“We wanted Nas and everybody from New York to be in the video,” Kurupt says. “It was a dedication to New York, but then we got shot at it while we were shooting it. New York felt we were disrespecting them. [Laughs] The New Yorkers wasn’t going for it. They was like, ‘Oh, no. You ain’t gonna shoot this ? out here dissing us.’ They shot at us the next day, so I mean after they shot at us, we went back home and Snoop was like, ‘Man, ? that.’ Then we shot the other part of the video where we started kicking everything the ? over. That’s why we started kicking things over because we got shot at it.”
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=26352

Snoop talks about his friendship with Biggie here:
    http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/snoop-dogg-2pac-conflict-biggie-friendship/

• Kalecrunch
    Options

I think one of the things that makes 2Pacs pics interesting is that he had a wide and extensive range of friends in music and in life, more than in anyone in Hip Hop history in the short amount of time that he was here.
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    JayE_Mos_Farrakhan.jpg
    Minister Louis Farrakhan, Jay Electronica and Yesin Bey
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    31700374.jpg
    Farrakahn,Russel Simmons and Rick Rubin
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNoqtwrJb7R7cfddY09hH9O0bC5X1ZOxFczDYjIiKUPTy9PJDU
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiY0piBtjUShvrzl0NZ50gr0aTkl3uebYebBY4m3u5su4ydbrJ
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3eKc0gD8lxMoXOZtphkemPhaMNCOXe8gMSiYYXHfiIwXRjHmZ
    1379955349_xlarge_petenice1.jpg
    [img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/pac-? -madonna.jpg[/img]
    img1379963091_hqdefault.jpg
    Back in Jay-z’s business man days
    Geto%20Boys%20%20Rap%20Masters.jpg
    tumblr_m5kmi4w3z31qjo7rfo1_500.jpg
    Kanye_kobe_mos-defswizz_beats2010-lrg.jpg
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Action+Bronson+actionbronsonhighschool.jpg
    Lol Action Bronson

peter griffin
  • SnuffDaddy
    Options

4real, smh.

@Kalecrunch

Umm..i dont know what to say. The fact that u actually believe that, based on pictures, & think it makes sense to what i was refering to..i dont know. Nothing to debate about. I guess Jay-Z has more friends than 2pac did too then, cuz he has pictures with alot of celebs too, no? Or nah? SMH @ this logic. Or what about Snoop? I also dont get why having industry friends makes u special..like wtf..but aight.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You give Biggie too much credit.
  • SnuffDaddy
    edited January 2014
    Options

You give Biggie too much credit.

These idiots dont know. They werent even around to know the real.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTfyLenCQAE810p.jpg
    hahahahaha8gy.jpg

Damn near everything dude does is awkward or a struggle lol
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i thought that "all leather everything" ? was some new new ? that came out the past few years.....Pac was on that ? way back then
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »

I think one of the things that makes 2Pacs pics interesting is that he had a wide and extensive range of friends in music and in life, more than in anyone in Hip Hop history in the short amount of time that he was here.

Those weren't real friends. That's the mistake he made, he thought just because they met at a party and took a few pictures that he could trust them and consider them "friends" and look what happenned.
  • Kalecrunch
    Options

4real, smh.

@Kalecrunch

Umm..i dont know what to say. The fact that u actually believe that, based on pictures, & think it makes sense to what i was refering to..i dont know. Nothing to debate about. I guess Jay-Z has more friends than 2pac did too then, cuz he has pictures with alot of celebs too, no? Or nah? SMH @ this logic. Or what about Snoop? I also dont get why having industry friends makes u special..like wtf..but aight.

Yeah you are misrepresenting what I said.
    Also on the logic about Jay Z.
    Its notable and apparent that by the time Tupac was 25 when he died in 96 he has more friends and aquantances than anynone in the history of Hip Hop by the time they were 25. ( More than Jay Z and Snoop at 25 also)
    For a artist to be held in such high regard by that age, by that vast array of people is unparalled to anyone else in history of rap.
    Someone else mentioned 'just by looking at the pictures you can tell he was ln another level' ,
    as for myself I can tell Pac is on another level because of his music alone.

However if a person who never heard a 2pac song looked at these photos in this thread, they prolly would feel he might be sorta of a big deal because of the vast array of people in the photos compared to everyone else.

Its definately not illogical to think Pac is on 'another level' or more 'special'
    compared to others when looking at all the photos.