The First 48 Makes Millions Off Imprisoning Innocents

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First 48 is a great program.

Bruhs, individuals dealing with sick individuals is always an imperfect science. I suggest all of you who have never made an error, sign up for law enforcement so no innocent person ever goes to prison again.

lol...
    mistakes are different from intentional misdeeds.
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Why don't people immediately ask for lawyers instead of going through long interrogations in a cold room...innocent or not.

they're kids or they're intimidated by the situation.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

Bruhs, individuals dealing with sick individuals is always an imperfect science. I suggest all of you who have never made an error, sign up for law enforcement so no innocent person ever goes to prison again.
    Bruh.

I dont watch it but as far as Aiyana is concerned the mud loving pig entered the wrong house, shot blindly and killed the girl THEN lied and pinned the shooting on her grandmother.

thats imperfect as ? bruh

thats alot of errors bruh!
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why don't people immediately ask for lawyers instead of going through long interrogations in a cold room...innocent or not.

Yea i guess. And smh at every suspect having a crazy nickname and the narrator saying it with a straight voice. "Turns out 23 year old Boogie aka harold jenkins was last seen with the victim" lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea i guess. And smh at every suspect having a crazy nickname and the narrator saying it with a straight voice. "Turns out 23 year old Boogie aka harold jenkins was last seen with the victim" lol

Thats why I was laughing when they was looking for studda.He sound like a YMCB rapper.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you are missing the point, or at least my point any way. Mistakes happen, true, but how many "more" mistakes were made, or evidence missed, or overlooked because investigation were rushed, because the investigations were made for TV?

Now, this is only based on what I see in my own local news, but I rarely, if ever see a murder solved within the 1st 48 hours.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Bruh.

I dont watch it but as far as Aiyana is concerned the mud loving pig entered the wrong house, shot blindly and killed the girl THEN lied and pinned the shooting on her grandmother.

thats imperfect as ? bruh

thats alot of errors bruh!

That's terrible.

As I have said though, we have humans ( fallible\evil\greedy etc) dealing with other humans ( fallible\evil\greedy etc) which will always be imperfect. Our rule of Law ( look around the world, it's pretty damn good in comparison but also written by humans ( fallible\evil\greedy etc) is the only thing we as a society can rely on until we have..

Robocop-1987-010.jpg

or

Arbitrator.jpg
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    you know when they are about to tell, when they give em that cigarette
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    you know when they are about to tell, when they give em a cigarette

Every damn time!
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually i have no sympathy for the perps. A lotta times they deserve what they get. Sometimes i recognize the places in Dekalb Co. Ga. All the people where it be in our cities its like its closer to home and hits a lil closer.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    kai wrote: »
    this show ended up getting a lil girl in detroit killed

police went in the wrong house (it was a duplex) looking for someone, and just started shooting off top, shot and killed a 7 year old

yeah cops are always trigger happy, but they just get extra for tv

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Aiyana_Jones

That was so sad smh

But thats not the show's fault, thats the police's ? up.

actually one of the producers was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice for lying for the cop. it may not be directly their fault, but they definitely have some complicity in creating an environment that values hyping it up for tv cuz doing things by the book and procedure is just not as titillating storming in there

Actualllyyyy he was probly just tryin to save his show from the PR hit

I'd argue that the cameras bein their would make them tone it down, rather than turn up. I.e. u wont see them commiting police brutality on First 48, when otherwise we know it happens...

Esoterically.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cameras or no cameras....it's all the same.
  • S2J
    Options

That goes against all notions of common sense.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    I just had a discussion about how police or anyone acts when being observed... more ppl act natural than is expected.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options

So ? weren't being forced into confessions before first 48? The criminal justice system hasn't been totally and completely biased before shows like cops, first 48, and the like? And here you are professing about some damn common sense.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So ? weren't being forced into confessions before first 48? The criminal justice system hasn't been totally and completely biased before shows like cops, first 48, and the like? And here you are professing about some damn common sense.

I think he was agreeing you with.

• S2J
    Options

YOU, my friend need to study the law.

The only thing cops have to worry about is not keeping u for crazy amounts of time. They dont have to NOT ask u a million questuions.

So how do u easily protect yourself: 1)lawyer! For tree!

2)When the last time u seen somebody say 'am i under arrest? No. Then im not goin' They dont do that b/c they dont know better

• THIRDSUPREME
    Options

YOU, my friend need to study the law.

The only thing cops have to worry about is not keeping u for crazy amounts of time. They dont have to NOT ask u a million questuions.

So how do u easily protect yourself: 1)lawyer! For tree!

2)When the last time u seen somebody say 'am i under arrest? No. Then im not goin' They dont do that b/c they dont know better

Man...what the ? do cameras and t.v. shows gotta do wit that ? though B?

Im sayin they do the same ? when it's not first 48.
  • S2J
    Options
    Ohhh, ok, yea i think u agree with me.: th3 cameras dont make them 'add on' like Kai said. Only thing i disagree with u is when the cameras are around the illegal ? (brutality, sprinklin ? , etc). But for the most part i agree that its all the same, the job itself is too fast paced and intense to look good for cameras...but they will elminate the illegal ? some of em do.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Ohhh, ok, yea i think u agree with me.: th3 cameras dont make them 'add on' like Kai said. Only thing i disagree with u is when the cameras are around the illegal ? (brutality, sprinklin ? , etc). But for the most part i agree that its all the same, the job itself is too fast paced and intense to look good for cameras...but they will elminate the illegal ? some of em do.

tumblr_ligql3Sr0F1qi5z3io1_500.gif
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NostalgiaBAB
    NostalgiaBAB Members Posts: 23
    Options
    Never heard about the show until now, but I can't imagine how a show that pressures the police to solve a case within 48 hours wouldn't lead to shoddy police work. After all, you wouldn't want your police department to look bad on national television.

It's telling that this is the same network that carries Duck Dynasty. I never watched A&E before with any frequency, now I know to avoid that network like the plague.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show ? me off how stupid some of these ? are. Even the detectives be like all he had to do was keep his mouth shut and he would be going home tonight...
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody always Snitching. Show me an episode without a snitch smh