Oliver Stone drops out of Martin Luther King Jr. project

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hahahaha

So Jamie woulda played TWO massive African American icons on screen?

Impressive

Oliver Stone fell off anyways .
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not too bothered by this. Spike care to step up?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FOXX AS MLK....EHH... I LOVE FOXX BUT I DNT THINK HE CAN DO A BETTER JOB THAN HE DID WITH RAY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like people don't wanna see the REAL mlk...just the typical whitewashed version of the man

but man is ? ?

Of course not. Me personally, I would much rather see a mlk biopic that shows him ? hoes, the infighting in the civil rights movement (u know ? and their crab in the barrel mentality) and how king's overall message and mission evolved...he wasn't in Memphis that fateful day marching for ? . That's why X was so powerful imo. It showed malcolm's evolution from petty street criminal to black militant in the noi to his transformation to authentic islam after going on his trip to mecca

But I guess ? just wanna see mlk preaching about white jesus and getting sprayed with water hoses and attacked by dogs and thrown in jail....then giving his IHAD speech followed by him getting his jaw blown off....the end

Why would you want to see King ? hoes ? That doesnt take away his message, I could care less if he cheated on his wife. He still is an ICON.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christ was black...
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    Sounds like people don't wanna see the REAL mlk...just the typical whitewashed version of the man

NAW...BUT WE DNT WANT OUR HEROS NAME DRAGGED IN THE MUD... IT AINT LIKE WE GET GOOD BLACK MOVIES LIKE THAT THAT ANYWAY.A SIMPLE "HE FUKED A MUSLIM WHITE ? " COULD MESS UP THE WHOLE MOVIE
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't wanna say it but basically

NAW...BUT WE DNT WANT OUR HEROS NAME DRAGGED IN THE MUD... IT AINT LIKE WE GET GOOD BLACK MOVIES LIKE THAT THAT ANYWAY.A SIMPLE "HE FUKED A MUSLIM WHITE ? " COULD MESS UP THE WHOLE MOVIE
    It's not name dragging if it's factual.If he ? a muslim white ? , then he did it.

U'd rather wanna see this?
    they remove everything that makes him fallable thereby making him more...christ-like.

• Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like them to show the black woman who attemted to ? Martin Luther King by stabbing him in the chest. Also the conversation he had wirh Malcom X.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    I didn't wanna say it but basically

It's not name dragging if it's factual.If he ? a muslim white ? , then he did it.

U'd rather wanna see this?
    they remove everything that makes him fallable thereby making him more...christ-like.

I DNT WANT HIS WRONG 2 OVERSHADOW THE QHOLE PIINT OF THE MOVIE..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhMars wrote: »
    I want to see an authentic representation of his life, not the mythological figure he is built up to be. It wouldn't take away from his message, it would humanize him, which to me would make it connect to people more
    True that.

The good thing about Stone is that he would have paid attention to a little recognized portion of King's life and that's the Poor People's Movement and his economic ideas...many believe this is what got him shot, not the Civil Rights ideals.

I hope the movie doesn't just disappear because Stone won't do it though, it would be dope for a black director to step up and pull it off.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This could bring Spike s swag back....? is he still doing the James Brown biopic?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every man with any influence, power, and money cheated on his wife or ? hoes.It comes with the territory as one of the perks.He was not preaching about faithfulness but equality.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say g Martin was knockin them hoes dine by the dozen

Big homie was puttin up wilt numbers