Jay Z's Original "Reasonable Doubt" Tracklist Revealed To Public

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Garbage album no matter how they re arrange the tracklisting. Very sad to see ? force themselves to like let alone give the classic title to a boring forgettable album that nobody cared about in 96. Jay Z sold 7 million in 98 and still couldn't get his new fans hip to weak ass rd. I'm not worried about you 90s ? babies. I'm talking to them delusional ? my age and older who know damn well in 1996 nobody was talking about this album. Nothing ground breaking was done on rd. Raekwon broke the mafioso mold with OB4CL. It's time for some of you ? to get that through yall heads. OB4CL is 10 more complex lyrically, creatively and chronologically than RD. When you want to hear 90s mafioso rap OB4CL started and finished the ? . Wu tang are the pioneers of east coast gangster music. Sorry g rap and just ice. Rae and ghost took that ? to anothet level. Everything else is a knockoff including IWW, RD and LAD. These albums showcase Nas Biggie and Jay Z as clowns in my opinion. Nas in pink suits, Jay Z lying about being Filipino and selling tons of drugs that no STREET ? can vouch for like plenty STREET ? seen cam selling drugs in Harlem at that time frame, biggie rapping about jumping out of 100 story buildings with 2 guns drawn killing an army full of guerilla rebel coke smugglers like ? Steven Segal movie. Any other ? besides the wu doing mafioso raps sounded corny that's why they went from gambino in 96 to big willie shiny suit ? ? in 97. Yall really gonna rank a novelty album like Rd high on your lists. It's a artifact that shows the crudeness of art of that era. Like lime green and brown polyester sport suits and floral print couches. Rd is dumpster condensation.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, classic ? , b.....Remembr being heated when Dead Presidents 1 wasnt on the album only to end up liking part two more......wouldve been dope if they both ended up on the album.....

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao, I didn't even catch that Urban Legend mention, stupid ? people say in The Reason.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    Yo, classic ? , b.....Remembr being heated when Dead Presidents 1 wasnt on the album only to end up liking part two more......wouldve been dope if they both up on the album.....

You could have got DJ Clue's springtime stickup 96 and heard Dead presidents 2 five months before the album dropped. Those were the days...
  • a_list
    Options
    Yo, classic ? , b.....Remembr being heated when Dead Presidents 1 wasnt on the album only to end up liking part two more......wouldve been dope if they both up on the album.....

You could have got DJ Clue's springtime stickup 96 and heard Dead presidents 2 five months before the album dropped. Those were the days...

Yea crazy how ? use to work back then.....I remembered hearing CNN's T.O.N.Y on the radio in like the fall 96, and the War Report didnt drop till spring then next year
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Jay Z lying about being Filipino

LMAO _______

When this happen?
  • da_brady
    da_brady Members Posts: 17
    Options
    once and for all, jay should do a project with nothing but roc nation artists...

j cole
    wale
    co$t le'
    rihanna
    kanye

and even past collaborators
  • a_list
    Options
    Garbage album no matter how they re arrange the tracklisting. Very sad to see ? force themselves to like let alone give the classic title to a boring forgettable album that nobody cared about in 96. .

Gold album in 96 two gold singles.....somebody cared about it.....lol
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad we got the version we got.
  • a_list
    Options
    Garbage album no matter how they re arrange the tracklisting. Very sad to see ? force themselves to like let alone give the classic title to a boring forgettable album that nobody cared about in 96. .

how many Rap albums can you name that DIDNT go Gold or somewhere close to it back then? i betchu not alot

Ya point?.....Bet u one of those that didnt hear RD until 2001.....ya opinion is null and void.....Scram.....
  • a_list
    Options

how many Rap albums can you name that DIDNT go Gold or somewhere close to it back then? i betchu not alot

Ya point?.....Bet u one of those that didnt hear RD until 2001.....ya opinion is null and void.....Scram.....

Ethering bloggers on Hip Hop is like taking candy from a baby. It's wrong but it feels so good when you're so hungry

Lol c'mon b, you can do better than that.....lol......
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

LMAO _______

When this happen?

Him and foxy brown both said they were Filipino

My baby daddy, da dip, my boo and countless other novelty singles sold gold and plat in 96.
    Hay by crucial conflict was a PLATNIUM single/ album the same year. Once again nobody gave a ? about Jay z in 96.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable doubt is not a classic, afew classic tracks thats about it, stop deluding yourself ?
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna hear his original verses for BK's Finest. I know Clark Kent said it was originally titled "Once We Get Started" and that Jay had already laid his verses until he brought B.I.G. to the studio & then he went back & laid new verses.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is a masterpiece
  • a_list
    Options

LMAO _______

When this happen?

My baby daddy, da dip, my boo and countless other novelty singles sold gold and plat in 96.
    Hay by crucial conflict was a PLATNIUM single/ album the same year. Once again nobody gave a ? about Jay z in 96.

Lets see, Muddy Waters, The Coming, Ironman, Liquid Swords, Hell On Earth, Beats, Rhymes and Life, Legal Drug Money nodody gave a ? about those albums as well, right?....lol....I know that you wont fix your mouth to utter that bullshyt.....
  • a_list
    Options

LMAO _______

When this happen?

Lets see, Muddy Waters, The Coming, Ironman, Liquid Swords, Hell On Earth, Beats, Rhymes and Life, Legal Drug Money nodody gave a ? about those albums as well, right?....lol....I know that you wont fix your mouth to utter that bullshyt.....

what do any of those albums have to do with Jay-Z or "Reasonable Doubt". Jay wasn't even on any of those albums.

stop reaching and get out of your feelings cuzzo. you lookin like Erica Mena out this ?

Lol yo ? you cant be that slow hope u got this ? by the time I post this......Do I need to explain this ? by using flash cards? What RD has in common with those albums albums is that they all were gold in 96, so if no one cared about RD how could they possibly care about those other gold albums that I listed.....U failed miserably ? , sit yo ass in the corner with a dunce cap on......scram....lol

• a_list
    Options
    So your only rebuttal to that to back your so-called "facts" to Me is a (weak) insult?

I asked what those albums had to do with Jay-Z or "Reasonable Doubt", not with East Coast Hip Hop.

My question was and still Is:
    How many Rap albums can you name that DIDNT go Gold or somewhere close to it back then?

You named SOME albums that were good that went Gold that year. And...? Is that really all you can say? Stop being a little girl and be a Man and stop still acting like Santa Claus exists.

"Reasonable Doubt" was 'okay' but some of those albums you named yourself were better than that 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEiPDgjAT1M&list=RDTEiPDgjAT1M

Yo, u trying to save face huh? lol regardless of how u try to twist this ? ....I dont care how many rappers went gold in 96..... 500k plus sold, somebody cares about your ? .....Like I said, I listed those albums to see if sun would say that no one gave a ? about them too....You talk about insults but come wit some grade school ? ....lol.....Quality was never mentioned by me so if you feel those albums are better cool....We're on that nobody gave a ? , so gwon and say nobody gave a ? about Ironman or Muddy Waters as well...
  • a_list
    Options
    Lol.....Yo, Im done with this clown....step ya ? up and stop trying to spin things sun....You was shut down a few posts ago, I should've just left it there....go ahead and hit the one of the reaction button, you been abusing that ? in this whole thread.....Like I said scram lil ? .....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one called this album classic back then.. Pac dissed him and other regions ain't ? with jay til hard knock life in 98... He bit camp lo swag as well.. jay ? about enough until folk outside ny started saying it was a classic... Dead presidents was tight tho
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so confused...how can u force urself to like something
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Jay Z's Freestyles>>>>>>>His Songs

IMO
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is it a classic because its jays 1st album or is it just that, a classic?

how do yall think its stands up to other classic debuts (illmatic, ? , amerikkaz most wanted, etc)?

i thinks its a dope album & its probably his best album but its just a top 10 debut imo
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? even Nas gave Reasonable Doubt props and put it in his top 25 albums and thats coming from a dude who basically aint like Jay around that time
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Reasonable doubt is not a classic, afew classic tracks thats about it, stop deluding yourself ?