MOST RAP MUSIC NOW IS POISON RANT

Options
spiritgod87
spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in The Reason
real ? . it's poisoning our youth at rapid rates. Lol most are reciting these songs word for word. I believe havin these lyrics in your memory banks as a kid is detrimental.
and don't get me started on the negative images. I know some of y'all gonna say these artist are at the will of the record companies but I believe it's possible. I'm no. sayin i would like taltakin Marlo or Common type of RAP all the time but a balance would be nice. u don't see many positive RAP on tv too much, I would love to hear positive songs played at the same frequency as drake or 2chains ignorant ? .

Name me a song that has the same type of power and substance as a "Brendan gotta baby" or lil boosie "chasing my dream" or Bad "I can" or Big Sean " nothing is stopping u" that is being played right now on the radio?

p.s. sorry for the typos, u know how it is on mobile

Comments

• spiritgod87
    Options
    oh y'all muhfuckas stay in away from this one huh?
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they all just seem like 1 long ass song to me
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most ppl with this view don't support good hip hop.
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    iquote="ThirdEyeFive;6724447"]most ppl with this view don't support good hip hop.[/quote]

i support hip hop that is about something. really these rappers ain't ? . most of the time it's the beats that get ya
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most ppl with this view don't support good hip hop.

Depends on your definition of good hiphop. I support artists I like but not all of them might fall under the good hiphop category.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Black_Samson

Atliens or Midnight Marauders?!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real ? . it's poisoning our youth at rapid rates. Lol most are reciting these songs word for word. I believe havin these lyrics in your memory banks as a kid is detrimental.
    and don't get me started on the negative images. I know some of y'all gonna say these artist are at the will of the record companies but I believe it's possible. I'm no. sayin i would like taltakin Marlo or Common type of RAP all the time but a balance would be nice. u don't see many positive RAP on tv too much, I would love to hear positive songs played at the same frequency as drake or 2chains ignorant ? .

Name me a song that has the same type of power and substance as a "Brendan gotta baby" or lil boosie "chasing my dream" or Bad "I can" or Big Sean " nothing is stopping u" that is being played right now on the radio?

you're expecting too much
  • spiritgod87
    Options

you're expecting too much
    no, jus balance

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    Sane love gets radio play and has a positive message
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guarantee you when you was a kid there was an adult with your perspective and when he was a kid there was an adult with your perspective etc. it's called a generational gap. Most popular music is aimed at the young and young at heart and to the adult dealing with adult ? is going to find it pointless, not only that they are going to notice it has very little substance to offer, to an adult anyway. Be it jazz in in the early 20th century rock in the mid 20th or hip hop both past and present the youth have always been subject to whatever genre is relavent, while their betters shake they fist at them. It ain't poison you just got admit a truth. Yo ass got old and maybe even bitter.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I guarantee you when you was a kid there was an adult with your perspective and when he was a kid there was an adult with your perspective etc. it's called a generational gap. Most popular music is aimed at the young and young at heart and to the adult dealing with adult ? is going to find it pointless, not only that they are going to notice it has very little substance to offer, to an adult anyway. Be it jazz in in the early 20th century rock in the mid 20th or hip hop both past and present the youth have always been subject to whatever genre is relavent, while their betters shake they fist at them. It ain't poison you just got admit a truth. Yo ass got old and maybe even bitter.

Pretty much.
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    older yes,bitter no
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign, hip hop needs balance
  • spiritgod87
    Options

its out there, so when you say it needs balance, do you mean in the mainstream?

exactly.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? that have power and money like Jay Z could be doing something about it but since he don't give a ? about his fans or hip hop he chooses not to. And his same ? ass dumb one track minded fans won't hold him accountable.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    The ? that have power and money like Jay Z could be doing something about it but since he don't give a ? about his fans or hip hop he chooses not to. And his same ? ass dumb one track minded fans won't hold him accountable.

you do that, so hopefully they won't have to go through that

• RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These lil ? have parents or a guardian or some ? they should be doing they job. rappers/entertainers aren't role models b
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A lot of it has always been poison but before you had to get it on the black market, nowadays they sell it in supermarts and advertise it on the radio n tv
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of it has always been poison but before you had to get it on the black market, nowadays they sell it in supermarts and advertise it on the radio n tv

Basically

If anything content has been watered down over the years. Plus the kids dont want to hear that positive ? .

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is mad ignorance.Back in the day hip hop was made by adults now are ? babies making music.Remenber Chief Keef said his mom usto listen to Beanie Sigel lol.? is just all over the place.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its always a bunch of denial when this topic comes up. ? really acting like the majority of mainstream rap isnt nothing but pure filth that continues to do more harm than good.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

its out there, so when you say it needs balance, do you mean in the mainstream?

Yeah just mainstream wise. Hip hop as a whole is still great. I found tons of great albums these past few years on my own that's why I don't complain about it but just based off what threadstarter said, he does have a point imo
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tumblr_inline_mtnds9p1xW1r733gy.gif