Albums that are considered classics by general consensus in the real world u don't agree are

Options
124»

Comments

• The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    TM101
    RD
    Any non mixtape Lil Wayne project
    Yeezus (haven't heard it been called a classic yet, but people ? ride that album way too much)
    7 Day Theory (let's face it... that was just a really dope album that got overhyped cuz of his death)

I don't pull my hair out over what people call classic, that's their opinion and life. A lot of times those opinions are swayed by the media anyway. I get the value of these albums in hindsight, but they just didn't register to me when they came out.

Agree with Reasonable Doubt

Disagree with 7 Day Theory

Both of those are classics. Didn't appreciate RD cause of the jazzy samples at 1st, but later on I realized the power of that record
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stillmatic
    Black Album
    Bp1

Great albums but not 5 mics to me
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Stillmatic
    Black Album
    Bp1

Great albums but not 5 mics to me

They not considered classics in the first place
  • GunTown
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    TM101
    RD
    Any non mixtape Lil Wayne project
    Yeezus (haven't heard it been called a classic yet, but people ? ride that album way too much)
    7 Day Theory (let's face it... that was just a really dope album that got overhyped cuz of his death)

I don't pull my hair out over what people call classic, that's their opinion and life. A lot of times those opinions are swayed by the media anyway. I get the value of these albums in hindsight, but they just didn't register to me when they came out.

Agree with Reasonable Doubt

Disagree with 7 Day Theory

Both of those are classics. Didn't appreciate RD cause of the jazzy samples at 1st, but later on I realized the power of that record

No i don't think RD is a classic because it has aged poorly to me and because the album sounds boring, and because it has some skippable and weak songs
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    The Source gave Stillmatic 5 Mics & every Jay-Z fan I kno says the BA & BP1 are classics
  • GunTown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The Source gave Stillmatic 5 Mics & every Jay-Z fan I kno says the BA & BP1 are classics

Jigga Warriors and Stans obviously gonna say that but besides the dillusional stans they are not considered classics at all. They are solid albums

• KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    So according to you @Guntown, what Eminem albums are classics?
  • GunTown
    edited January 2014
    Options

The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers LP 2

(By general consensus as well)
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    I give you SSLP. MmLp & TES were good but not 5 mics, & MMLP2 is ass.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Only Eminem album I might consider a classic is The Eminem Show.

Em just had too many corny, gimmicky singles that aged horribly and marred the status of his albums.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OB4CL....after someone ran their mouth on here, went back and listened, album is still a snoozer

then again wu tang gets no play around here so i don't know anyone that considers anything they do classic other than hipster hip hop fans and hippies
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So according to you @Guntown, what Eminem albums are classics?[/quote

The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers LP 2

there is no hip hop artist by general consensus that has 3 classic albums. there are a few who might have two but only here will someone say a person has 3 or 4 or 5 classic albums. eminem has 1
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hahahahahahaha.....oh wait you were serious???? Sorry I've heard more ppl give BP1 & BA classic status over any of those em albums I've never heard a non em stan give him anymore then MAYBE one classic but you just gave this foo four then called others delusional stans....then said it was general consensus like everybody agrees with this and it's just obvious to everybody lmao
  • GunTown
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    OB4CL....after someone ran their mouth on here, went back and listened, album is still a snoozer

then again wu tang gets no play around here so i don't know anyone that considers anything they do classic other than hipster hip hop fans and hippies

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alleyezonme.jpg

Tons of filler... California Love (original) nowhere to be found... What'z Ya Phone # is wack and should have stayed on disk 2...

This album is just nowhere near as good as Me Against the World IMO...
  • GunTown
    Options
    No way cuhz

All Eyez Me is a classic for sure and 2pac's best album
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No way cuhz

Over MATW and 7DT... foh... I've never heard anyone talk about that album unless it's the hits... which are mostly only disk 1...
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why this chick going around flagging everybody for telling her the truth that em only his one classic....what happened ma I thought it was general consensus that em had 4 classics lmao *insert flag below*
  • GunTown
    Options
    No way cuhz

Over MATW and 7DT... foh... I've never heard anyone talk about that album unless it's the hits... which are mostly only disk 1...

I would say his top 3 best albums in order are

All Eyez On Me>>>>Me Againist The World>>>>>7 Day Theory
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    AEOM is like BP2. Too many songs. It might be a classic if I wasn't too many songs & they pick the right songs to make the album
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    7 Day Theory is Pac's only classic to me.