If Ice Cube was from New York would he be considered better than Jay Z?

Options

Comments

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    GunTown wrote: »
    I just wanna see artistic rappers appreciated on the IC regardless of sales even someone like ZRO who may not sell much he is an artistic rapper

With Jay Z it's like this -

Freestyle three 16 Bar verses about selling ? being a ? king pin, money, cars, jewellrey, being a better rapper than other rappers, being a thug.

Use Punchlines, Entrendres, Similies, Word Play in the verses

Use a skippy Flow in the verses

Call an RnB singer like Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige, R Kelly, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Mariah Carey etc to write and feature performing the hook. Paying them a lotta money to feature and craft the hook

Call a producer like Timbaland, The Neptunes, Just Blaze, Kanye West, DJ Premier etc to produce the song. Paying them a lotta money to produce and mix the song

^^^^That is Jay Z's formula for a song and exactly what he does

yep you don't really listen to Jay.....now that's a fact.

Heard every album of his
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just wanna see artistic rappers appreciated on the IC regardless of sales even someone like ZRO who may not sell much he is an artistic rapper

Freestyle three 16 Bar verses about selling ? being a ? king pin, money, cars, jewellrey, being a better rapper than other rappers, being a thug.

Call an RnB singer like Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige, R Kelly, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Mariah Carey etc to write and feature performing the hook. Paying them a lotta money to feature and craft the hook

Call a producer like Timbaland, The Neptunes, Just Blaze, Kanye West, DJ Premier etc to produce the song. Paying them a lotta money to produce and mix the song

Heard every album of his

Okay and if the ONLY thing u can take out his albums is this......then u don't REALLY listen. You can't be in a lot of ? top 5 without content.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z said his basic rap topics are money drugs and hoes he has no inspirational song nothing to touch the masses
  • GunTown
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Jay Z said his basic rap topics are money drugs and hoes he has no inspirational song nothing to touch the masses

Truth
  • GunTown
    Options

Heard every album of his

Okay and if the ONLY thing u can take out his albums is this......then u don't REALLY listen. You can't be in a lot of ? top 5 without content.

Like i said i heard every album from top to bottom listened to every song on his albums

I can put that on my sons life

He has 15 songs max with any kind of substance and those are terrible songs to me and he worst attempt i ever heard at trying to make songs with any substance

Majority of his songs 95% lack substance and depth and are mainly about selling drugs, money, wealth, materialsm, mafisio, being a thug etc
  • hnic1978
    Options
    He doesn't touch the masses but he headlined a ROCK FESTIVAL in YOUR backyard GunTown........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9eT0LJ9vE4

• hnic1978
    Options
    But nope he doesn't reaches the masses......
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah but he raps about being a thug as well as selling drugs

It's not just Jay Z's music i dislike it's other rappers with that style and formula as well such as Slaughterhouse, Cannibus, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Pusha T, Busta Rhymes, Cassidy

I like artistic rappers

ok we getting somewhere kinda...first its clear u dont know the difference between a hustler and a thug. since u dont understand the difference u cant really understand the artist. thats fine but dont try and make it seem like what u like is better. u say u like artistic rappers...well art depends on who is looking at it. i swear i see paintings online selling for hundreds of thousands of dollars and think damn i should have kept my daughters pre school paintings.

whats trash to u is great to someone else and whats great to u is trash to someone else. u make urself look very narrow minded when ur not open and when u dont understand just ask instead saying they are trash.

fab..pusha...jay come from the same lane...hustlers not thugs
  • GunTown
    Options
    He doesn't touch the masses but he headlined a ROCK FESTIVAL in YOUR backyard GunTown........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9eT0LJ9vE4

I'm not a follower though just because a lotta people from my backyard think Jay Z is good i form my own opinions i'm not a follower
  • GunTown
    Options

It's not just Jay Z's music i dislike it's other rappers with that style and formula as well such as Slaughterhouse, Cannibus, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Pusha T, Busta Rhymes, Cassidy

I like artistic rappers

ok we getting somewhere kinda...first its clear u dont know the difference between a hustler and a thug. since u dont understand the difference u cant really understand the artist. thats fine but dont try and make it seem like what u like is better. u say u like artistic rappers...well art depends on who is looking at it. i swear i see paintings online selling for hundreds of thousands of dollars and think damn i should have kept my daughters pre school paintings.

whats trash to u is great to someone else and whats great to u is trash to someone else. u make urself look very narrow minded when ur not open and when u dont understand just ask instead saying they are trash.

Wen i say i like artistic rappers i'm talking about these kinda rappers -

Eminem
    ZRO
    Kid Cudi
    Devin The Dude
    Bone Thugs & Harmony
    DMX

They make music with substance, with emotions, rap about personal struggles, they not only rap but sing as well and sing their hooks, they make music that i can relate to, they have a lotta passion in their music, they write about various life problems they been through that i have as well. THey make songs that u can feel on a personal level
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    MrJR wrote: »
    I mean he has a better discography better subject matter 4 classic albums was apart of one the top 5 rap group ever and overall his music just bumps. So I'm guessing the only reason he isn't considered better cause he was born on the wrong side of the map. Lethal Injection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any Jay Z album.

U had me until u said Lethal Injection>. Any real Cube fan knows Lethal Injection was ass cheeks compared to his previous albums. Matter of fact id say when LI came out is when Cube fans started deserting him.

Say what? Lethal injection was sick! Come on now, Ghetto bird and Lil ass Gee wasnt some Goat storytelling? Then you had bangers like Really doe, what can i do, you know how we do it, Bop Gun which ypi can still throw on at any backyard bar-be que in any hood in america and get multiple generations of folks moving, and even a concept to make it rough/ Make it smooth with K Dee

I cant cosign that, Lethal was actually one of his best joints
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like artistic rappers

Eminem
    ZRO
    Kid Cudi
    Devin The Dude
    Bone Thugs & Harmony
    DMX

They make music with substance, with emotions, rap about personal struggles, they not only rap but sing as well and sing their hooks, they make music that i can relate to, they have a lotta passion in their music, they write about various life problems they been through that i have as well. THey make songs that u can feel on a personal level

if you went thru the things they talk about then i understand ur reason for liking them. it would be nice for u to understand that some folks actually relate to other artist such as jay z. he is artistic as well. his music has substance to those who come from the same lane as him and share his way of thinking. u can not think that ur way is the only way or the best way. we do our best to compare these artist and decide who is better but saying things like one has substance or one has better content doesnt work. thats all opinion. in my mind em can rap but the things dude talks about are way way out there sometimes and im like damn this dude needs help for real. still he touches a bunch of folks like u so he is a great ARTIST. u gotta respect that some folks feel different than u do. stop trying to force feed ur feelings.

i will admit though u are great for comic relief...i often lol at ur post...keep up the good work

• GunTown
    edited February 2014
    Options

I like artistic rappers

Eminem
    ZRO
    Kid Cudi
    Devin The Dude
    Bone Thugs & Harmony
    DMX

if you went thru the things they talk about then i understand ur reason for liking them. it would be nice for u to understand that some folks actually relate to other artist such as jay z. he is artistic as well. his music has substance to those who come from the same lane as him and share his way of thinking. u can not think that ur way is the only way or the best way. we do our best to compare these artist and decide who is better but saying things like one has substance or one has better content doesnt work. thats all opinion. in my mind em can rap but the things dude talks about are way way out there sometimes and im like damn this dude needs help for real. still he touches a bunch of folks like u so he is a great ARTIST. u gotta respect that some folks feel different than u do. stop trying to force feed ur feelings.

i will admit though u are great for comic relief...i often lol at ur post...keep up the good work

Yeah i can relate to those rappers it's the same with my friends they all relate to artists like Eminem, 2pac, Ice Cube, DMX, Lil Boosie etc

I can't relate to Jay Z's music
  • GunTown
    Options
    Y'all JIgga WArriors never get bored of Jay Z's music?

I for the life can't understand how y'all like his music i find it incredibley boring and dull
  • rell e. rell
    rell e. rell Members Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ...only if ice cube was from somewhere else, like, lets say...south central l.a.
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    This is the wrong place to ask that question when it's a known fact that ppl around these parts already believe cube is better then jay.... If it were a poll it'd probably go 75% cube

Let's fight ? .

I meant to congratulate you on the Stan of the Year nomination I know you worked hard for that and your work shows..... Well done you deserve it congrats

Boi you just digging your hole deeper and deeper....is this the call out???? Lmaooooooooo yea I can't take you seriously I'm convinced you a kid now lol
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I didn't post on the IC in 2013 and 2014" -@getoboy
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    "I didn't post on the IC in 2013 and 2014" -@getoboy

? you making up a lie that quick??? Man let me leave you alone it's clear you a kid that's a internet troll just looking for attention.... How you turn me saying I wasn't posting in here when MCHG came out into I wasn't posting in here for the whole year and year after smmfh..... You a clown for real lol
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube
    Jay z
    Mos def
    Jay elect
    Nas
    K solo
    Biggie
    Black thoughT
    Pac
    Dmx

In that order
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said the same thing about E40
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cube is already better... Death Certificate is one of Greatest Hip Hop Album Ever... it's still relevant today for social injustice ... Jay Z became more incline with social injustice until the Blueprint album ... Ice Cube has always been #StayWoke Rapper for his entire career
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Is jay z the measuring stick? If you don't consider him the best why compare every rapper to him