Should 50 Cent be a Black History Month Icon?

Options
Kalecrunch
Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
February is here and it is Black History Month. Martin Luther King Jr., Malcom X, George Washngtion Carver, Duke Ellington and Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson?

The Encylopedia Britannica Guide to Black History page includes Jay Z
https://www.britannica.com/blackhistory/article-9438811
What do you think about it and why?

50-cent-suit.jpg

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why would anyone want a monkey as a icon
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put Nas on the list
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. He did as much bad as he did good.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Serious thread?
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    What did he do that was so bad?
    Malcom X had a criminal past early on.(Weed dealer to Jazz Musicians, Burglary conviction and Prison time etc.)

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol.
    trolling on a hundred thousand trillion...
  • dwade206
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Malcom X had a criminal past early on.(Weed dealer to Jazz Musicians, Burglary conviction and Prison time etc.)

Did your stupid ass just compare 50 Cent to Malcolm X? ? it, don't even answer that. I'm out.

You know what the ? I meant.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their guide to black history begins at slavery....

They got rupaul on that list....

Britannica trollin u ?
  • Kalecrunch
    Options

Did your stipid ass just compare 50 Cent to Malcolm X? ? it, don't even answer that. I'm out.
    That hissy fit wasnt even called for dude.
    Some people are so sensitive. lol
  • dwade206
    Options

Did your stipid ass just compare 50 Cent to Malcolm X? ? it, don't even answer that. I'm out.
    That hissy fit wasnt even called for dude.
    Some people are so sensitive. lol

No hissy fit here. I'm just surprised at your ignorance. But then again you could just be trolling. Either way go ? yaself.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    As a part of hip hop and how if correlates to black history month. Sure.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He made his money beefing with other blacks....na....American gangsta segment on bet at most
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    @dwade206
    Why you getting mad?
    You are the one that said 50 cent should no be a Black History Month Icon because "he did as much bad as he did good"
    But other Black History icons have "done bad" also. I was trying to understand what you meant. Thanks for answering the thread but just answer without the name calling. Lets be adults about it.
  • dwade206
    Options
    Dude sold ? , made some good music perpetuating the same negative stereotypes Black people live with everyday, and started conflict with other artists for financial gain and you have morons comparing him to Malcolm X.
  • dwade206
    Options
    @dwade206
    Why you getting mad?
    You are the one that said 50 cent should no be a Black History Month Icon because "he did as much bad as he did good"
    But other Black History icons have "done bad" also. I was trying to understand what you meant. Thanks for answering the thread but just answer without the name calling. Lets be adults about it.

Not feeding the troll.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope.

- Disunity / divisive
    - Coonish
    - Informant

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    As a part of hip hop and how if correlates to black history month. Sure.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Absolutely.Fif a real ? that geeks can't relate too he's the ideal started at the bottom story and he's plugged on the blocc and in corporate offices.Came from the gutta,faced mad adversity that woulda crushed many and made it to the top wit whitey eating out the palm of his hand in the process.He helps his hood and is well respected + his impact on da rap game makes him iconic he changed mixtapes forever and had 3 artists go plat by just being affiliated wit him.No other rappa in history can say that
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    He made his money beefing with other blacks....na....American gangsta segment on bet at most
    Dude sold ? , made some good music perpetuating the same negative stereotypes Black people live with everyday, and started conflict with other artists for financial gain and you have morons comparing him to Malcolm X.

So did tutu shakur and people idolize that crab
  • Kalecrunch
    Options
    @dwade206
    Not trolling sir.
    50 Cent arguably has helped Africa financially more than Malcom X through his Philanthropy work.
    Also has authored The 50th Law w Robert Greene( Includes historic Black figures quotes plus life lessons etc.), And an Auto Biography From Pieces to Weight plus an Anti Bullying Book based lossely on his life.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont even like fif but hey im sure he inspires many on the business tip so I honestly dont have a problem..

50 is a wealthy black man that started out like alot of young black males today..Has he done some things that are frowned upon? Yeah but even so..I think he should be considered worthy of being a role model
  • dwade206
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »

So did tutu shakur and people idolize that crab

Dude, who the ? is talking about Tupac? And I don't idolize any human being.