The Writer's Bench with Super Producer Bink!

Options
Kil889
Kil889 Members Posts: 158
We had a chance to sit down and chop it up with grammy winner producer Bink! (yeah, we're getting grammy winners to sit in with us now) We chopped it up about everything from how he got in the music game, living with Mr. Cheeks in Jersey, beat battles with Kanye West and his relationship with Dilla and his work on his "Pay Jay" album to how his relationship with Stevie J helped his production, the vibe of Baseline studios while making The Blueprint and how he gets his drums to sound so BANANAS! Plus dude plays us the original version of Kanye's "Devil In A New Dress! Another DOPE ep ya'll!

http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2014/02/live-from-writers-bench-real-talk-with.html

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bink is so underrated it's not even fair...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could argue he had the best beats on Blueprint...he's atleast right there with them (Jus n Kanye)

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bink is a superproducer, since when? lol

I ? with his music though
  • Kil889
    Options
    To me both just Blaze and Kanye became "super producers" after doing the Blueprint so why not Bink? Dude had 3 tracks, Just had 3 tracks and Ye had 4. Plus you seen this dude's discography?!?!? And he just did Jon Legend's lead single. Just having Jay Z, Rick Ross, Kanye West AND John Legend on your resume GOTTA account for something! Nowadays Mike will Made It and Pollow Da Donn are considered "super producers" and they don't have a sleeve NO WHERE as long as Bink's!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kil889 wrote: »
    To me both just Blaze and Kanye became "super producers" after doing the Blueprint so why not Bink? Dude had 3 tracks, Just had 3 tracks and Ye had 4. Plus you seen this dude's discography?!?!? And he just did Jon Legend's lead single. Just having Jay Z, Rick Ross, Kanye West AND John Legend on your resume GOTTA account for something! Nowadays Mike will Made It and Pollow Da Donn are considered "super producers" and they don't have a sleeve NO WHERE as long as Bink's!

LOL at you not knowing why the term superproducer came about. Superproducer mean the dudes who can guarantee you a top 40 hit (Neptunes, Timbo, Just, Ye,etc). Ain't no ? way in ? hell is Bink no superproducer, he is on the level of a Alchemist, Havoc,etc.

Hit's make you a superproducer and both Mike Will and Pollow have way more than Bink.
  • Kil889
    Options
    Just a different age bracket fam...I'm 40. Since I grew up on "real hip hop" a super producer in my day was Pete Rock and Primo...I don't really concern myself with the new "2014 turned up" definition of super producer...but good looking for schooling me young bul!