So I just got fired/quit for choking out one of my coworkers

Options

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NuLife wrote: »
    Better hope they don't press charges. Then you'll have a whole different set of problems on your hands

tumblr_ljvnzjw2Eo1qhi08f.gif

• MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First thing you did wrong was not check that ? from the start. Once these white people see you don't say ? , it's only going to get worst. You snapped.cause of forcing yourself to tolerate that ? . You can't keep ? like that bottled without it exploding into something later and bigger.

You should have gone to HR about it, true. But that doesn't guarantee that ? is going to get handled, either. Your HR could easily give you the runaround. Or a meaningless ethics meeting or say you need to have an anger management class for confronting dude, even if in a non violent way. Or some other ? that does nothing but cover they ass in case of a lawsuit.

Folks mentioning the DOL and EOE rights, that ? is useless unless you have undeniable proof of a violation. Nothing short of stupidity or/and a blatant lack of ? given is going to let a strong case be made in court. At the very least the company would of done something to cover it's ass first and foremost. The up side is that the perpetrators would of been "disciplined". It only when a total lack of disregard is evident can they even start to investigate. I doubt dude would of gotten anything financially.

Don't think for a second that the laws are there to protect workers or black folks. But I doubt the guy is going to file charges. Guilt is a powerful thing and he knows that ? was wrong. Pretty sure you got him shook, though.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? them ? , b. you did the right thing
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead @ /quit. *Oprah 'nah ? ' gif*

What city and state you in? Makin african sounds!?!? Sheesh. Thats that pure, throwback racism. Thats that Frank Lucas blue magic 98% pure, not that stepped on low grade racism
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like the other posters said before, you have to check all of that ? the first time it happens. White people are like children when it comes to things like that. They push until you set the boundaries.

Sometimes (usually) your presence alone puts them in check, but you come off as one of those rubben studdard types that they feel cozy around, so stop it early next time.
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being passive aggressive got you into unfortunate situation.

You played right into their hands.

Never estimate how evil people can be
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »

? ? that, he shouldve choked that ? out and cracked his ass with his own show. ? EM
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that, you choked that punk ass racist out and treated him like a ? and you felt better.

You did not belong there.

The world isn't all about money.You have a soul.
    Imagine dying knowing that you got punked by racist white Co workers all the time and you accepted to get paid.

Instead when.another man tried your manhood you made him pay.

You will get another job and hopefully its a better one.For now go to a local workforce or one of those telemarketing jobs til you back in the mix.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hold your head up bruh. I wish you luck in your job search. I don't blame you one bit for choking his ass out. Hopefully they don't try to jam you up more and you bounce back with a better situation.

Hopefully you learned like many have already stated that you have to nip ? like that in the bud from the jump because if you don't people are going to keep trying you, they are going to take your silence as acceptance.
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ? that, he shouldve choked that ? out and cracked his ass with his own show. ? EM

How old are you?

If you don't learn how to pick your battles in life, you have a hard life ahead

Rule #1 as a black man in America: learn to play the white man at their own game.
  • spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Should have parlayed that into a lawsuit instead of getting physical

Chuuuuch. Let's be smart brothers
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Should've let them fire you so you csn get that unemployment check

lol I got fired and I still got unemployment

Mmm me too!

Thanks obama

U can get unemployment if u been fired. Only way u can't is if u quit
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda sad all the people givin u props.

Same people who will then say we gotta do better when it comes to unemployment and incarceration, 2 demographics u now unfortunately may belong to.

• CHICAGO_BREED
    Options

How old are you?

If you don't learn how to pick your battles in life, you have a hard life ahead

Rule #1 as a black man in America: learn to play the white man at their own game.

im 26

? THT if the mufucka racist ima knock his ass out point blank period u ?

Thats yo rule #1, my rule #1 is rush they ass and everybody like em. U know u a coward for saying that.
    u the type of ? to go to a white party and let em throw around the "N" word and let it slide. ? ?
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    I don't think the brush is say in that. Use your head first. Now is the crakkka threw first blow thats a different story
  • spiritgod87
    Options
    I'm on mobile forgive the typos
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    Options
    I don't think the brush is say in that. Use your head first. Now is the crakkka threw first blow thats a different story

? ? u mean, Yall lame ass ? scared of these crakkas, "Stand for something or die for nothing" smh at u new ? .
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    Options
    so u telling me if a crakka told your mother or sister "? shine my shoes for a nickel " u gon tell her to turn the other cheek. ? u must be ill.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look where trust in the system got Trayvons mother and father.

nowhere.

Zimmerman is Red carpet now.
    You did the right thing. I hope ? bless this brother and don't make him struggle.

They were beginning to make a mockery of him.They already told him he's qualified but probably wont fit in.

Then they tried to show him and one of them nearly lost they lives.They will prob not hire another black man but I bet they don't make those sounds at any.other blacks either.

Running to tell is not a manly characteristic,its OK for women,but if you a man,no Bueno.Nobody respects a man.who.can't take care of his own problems.This man got some ? redemption.

This one of those make a choice stories, either sit and take it,try to tell...or say ? this,and mash out.I'm glad he mashed out,? made me feel like I won too

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's be honest here, ? have been doing this since our ancestors touched the shore.

Ol' boy in the other thread played they game and got his dread locks cut off. Obama is "the end of america", as well as the "first ? president", and he's as white washed as they come. Sherman is smarter than most of the folks that talked ? about him and he's still a "thug".

Play their game. Black folks looking like the New Orleans Saints out here.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mmm me too!

Thanks obama

I know im getn it now

I said thanks bcuz he wants to extend the benefits
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mmm me too!

Thanks obama

na it also depends on how you got fired. If u were laid off, u good but if u was fired for work ethic purposes you aint gettin ? lol. Well atleast in NY. My boy was caught sleeping in a break room and got fired, lied to unemployment said he was laid off and recieved benefits. Them ? gave him one check before they fullyvreviewed his case and cut that ? off wit the quickness hahaha.
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just realised every time I post in this ? Im ?