The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was with Ken a little bit, but then he said "do nooooot caallll the kettle black" and I was immediately reminded he's still Ken Shamrock.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Machida vs. Mousasi coming up on the 15th. Hopefully it's as good a fight as it is a match up on paper. The winner of it will probably face the winner of Weidman/Vitor.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Page still hasn't fought top competition, but the spinning ? from this Brit is fun to watch.

iTgPl3smkvEHU.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NYETOPn wrote: »
    Page still hasn't fought top competition, but the spinning ? from this Brit is fun to watch.

iTgPl3smkvEHU.gif

I dislike that dude, but that ? was tight. lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Overeem wasnt rally never part of blackzillian. He brought his own trainers and guys pretty much over there, he was just carrying the name as a form of advertisement. nothing more nothing less. tony J should fight Overeem tho. he's lose faster than he lost to belfort who lost to Overeem twice.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    rumble sound like a ? .

fighting aint a team event.

the ? he on?

That's not true. It's not a team sport in the traditional sense, but those dudes do a lot to support each other and a lot of them refuse to fight against each other even at the risk of missing title shots.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options

iTgPl3smkvEHU.gif

That dude is a ? . He beats up turds and acts like he's AS. That dude ain't ever gonna be elite, or even close to elite.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Options
    #Free Silva
    1.gif

Crazy ? though
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SportsCenter: UPDATE: UFC terminates Thiago Silva's contract. He was charged w/ 2 counts of attempted murder after threatening estranged wife late Thurs.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

iTgPl3smkvEHU.gif

That dude is a ? . He beats up turds and acts like he's AS. That dude ain't ever gonna be elite, or even close to elite.

Put him up against a mid-tier wrestler at 170in the UFC.. Rick Story, and lets see how long he can last. I agree, he's beating up on nobodies and there's no wrestling in the UK basically so its almost a one dimensional disadvantage every time you step in the ring with him. he better avoid the US , japan and Russia and avoid any kind of grapplers, cuz I feel he's gonna be exposed unless he's really working extensively vs grapplers 14/7.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    rumble sound like a ? .

the ? he on?

That's not true. It's not a team sport in the traditional sense, but those dudes do a lot to support each other and a lot of them refuse to fight against each other even at the risk of missing title shots.

i find it stupid, especially when you sign a damn contract with the school and are paying a monthly fee.

that sound like a team? word?

What does paying a fee for use of facilities and personnel have to do with whether or not the people that you train with are considered teammates or not? That fee is going to the person that owns the facility and the people that are running it, not necessarily the other fighters that you're training alongside.

You making it sound like this is something new. Boxers have been referring to their trainers and sparring partners as their "team" for decades. You trying to tell me a fighting is a completely solo sport, when the whole match you have people on the side yelling strategies? So you going to say a fighter won a match all on his own even if it was a sparring partner or coach that pointed out the way to victory?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    rumble sound like a ? .

the ? he on?

i find it stupid, especially when you sign a damn contract with the school and are paying a monthly fee.

that sound like a team? word?

Sounds like ain't been a good gym yet. There is def a team mentality to training in MMA. ? is brutal day in and day out at a high level.

At a high level it's not even a out the money. Guys get kicked out of gyms all the time that are paying dues because they are ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I'm not saying guys gotta be butt-buddies with their training partners or some ? , but Rumble is a ? either way so whatever.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Like the reason I think the team is important, because for you to get better, you have to put wear and tear on someone elses body. Everytime you're getting ready for a fight, you're training partners are putting their health on the line for you, so thats where the "team" aspect comes in for me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Reem probably just did his own thing and didn't have personalities that meshed with choads like Rumble so they said he wasn't part of the "team" even if he was in there training with them day in and day out and giving up a percentage of his purse to the gym just like the other guys.

In my opinion, if a guy shows up, trains with me, pays dues, he's part of the "team." But with that being said, that doesn't mean I'm gonna be their BFF or even wanna hang out with them outside the gym, but I will give them respect inside the gym.

There are some people who I loathe, not even has training partners, but I really hate them just as human beings, but I tolerate them inside the gym simply because they are training partners. You know what kind of human the "MMA" scene can bring in.
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rashad injured his leg. The fight with Cormier is off.