aneed123 wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Anybody got a link?
    Its on Showtime on demand under documentaries

U a real ? bruh
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this explains a lot when he breaks down about not ever loving basketball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2gdasqHvrk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Nv3nTkA8U

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool to see a young melo and bron
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    You can read the story a thousand times but that documentary i just finished watching was tough to watch, i really feel bad for the guy..everyone that was on his ? in HS left him when ? aint work out for him. Lot of natural talent with nothing but leaches around him that eventually dipped on him. Seeing where he ended up staying living wise and having to throw his own birthday parties ? was sad...they really need to show this to all guys who think they got life made before they even accomplish ? . That was rough.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    That scene of him cryin while singin was sad af
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    And even tho he had leeches around him his attitude didnt help matters either
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

No it didnt but he had zero guidance overall, he thought NBA was built of just talent when he didnt understand the business investment part..he did not work at it,didnt go to class, was late at top tier camps where scouts get opinions , didnt wanna do anything that considered working . You can see he had ? given abilities but his negatives far outweighed his positives, thats not worth investing in. Watching how he still is stuck on his past was sad as hell to watch, dude turned 30 and still was in shock at his downfall.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    And i wonder why they didnt play him against bron in that summer league game when he played in all other games ...what u think?

Him goin to that knicks game was sad too amare didnt even recognize him atfirst
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? was sad man..This is the ? that every young athlete needs to watch..Wether it's basketball football, baseball, etc.. Lenny had all the potential in the world.. The problem was, that ? felt like, I got the talent, why should I put in the work. They show scenes.. where this ? had a problem waking up 6:30 in the morning to run suicides and doing basic ? in the camps.. All them ? .. that was with him..vanish like ghost.. had all them leeches in his ear.. Late for camp, ? out there ? with strippers and the rappers... Knowing he gotta perform in front of scouts.. They show one scene.. where lenny had blown an opportunity.. by coming back in the house damn near 10:00 am.. where he had to be at the court at 9. Them scouts was mad as ? .
  • MeTaL
    Options
    and then on top of that, ? didn't even take care of his business.. in school.. your academics is always your top objective.. His own damn moms.. warn and advise him to keep your damn head in the books.. ? didn't listen..
  • MeTaL
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

@Vader that ? had an self entitlement attitude.. As in you can't tell me ? .. That white chick.. out of all the ? that was in his ear.. from the strippers to them rap.? .. care about his well being.. Try to give him wise..advice.. try to help him.. That you need to finish school.. he didn't listen..
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    The scene wit him qnd the white chick where they was rappin jayz izzo ..was funny..

Yea then then when the camp instructor was tryin to explain to him like do all this stuff u doin now many hall of fame players before u had to do the same ? ...he said see all these ppl wearin jordan ? ..guess what jordan never missed a day at camp and was doin the same ? u dont wanna do smh lenny wasnt tryin to here that ? ....

Young athletes wanna be great but dont wanna put the work in to be great

And i liked what noah said when lenny asked him to go out ..he like nah im gotta put it work to be where i wanna be ..when i do that then ill cut loose
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall nggas tripin tho.

Lenny is livin the life he woulda lived if he had no basketball talent. Why is it sad for HIM to be livin that struggle life, but not for the millions of other regular nggas.

Lenny came along AFTER Hoop Dreams, after that era in the 90s where it became a national talking point about flame out bball stars.

By 2000 all the stories were there to learn from, but he was hard headed. Nobody failed him, he failed himself. But he aint on ? . He got his health. There are worse thinhs in the world. Still a dope doc

• KeepOnPushing
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I watched it earlier the ? was sad. He had all hanger on's in his ear giving him bad advice. He should've went to school, he hadn't played organized ball in 18 months. If he went to school he could've rebuilt his name and then left after one year.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh one thing I hate is wasted talent, and he had the talent, it was sad watching the end when his 30 yr old self was talking to the 18-19 yr old version, I dunno if I could live with myself being that fat at 30 and realizing all the time I wasted
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was sad.
    But he was a sad ? .
    I don't feel bad for no ? who think he too good to listen to ? tho.
    SMH when he got mad at his boys for not ? with him tho.
    Emotional ass ? .

I aint understand his girl neither........... if he stuck in the past, if he doing so bad, y u with him then?
    ? was sad when all the ? he came up with, Joak, Stat, Melo, Bron........ didn't even recognize him.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just finish watching it, man it was powerful.

Lol Bron ruined his life. Oh girl stood by him though, that's what's up.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With all that said he still was dropping 40 in summer league games..
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i need a link to watch the movie online
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Yall nggas tripin tho.

Lenny is livin the life he woulda lived if he had no basketball talent. Why is it sad for HIM to be livin that struggle life, but not for the millions of other regular nggas.

Lenny came along AFTER Hoop Dreams, after that era in the 90s where it became a national talking point about flame out bball stars.

By 2000 all the stories were there to learn from, but he was hard headed. Nobody failed him, he failed himself. But he aint on ? . He got his health. There are worse thinhs in the world. Still a dope doc

When everybody basically tells you you're the ? your whole life, it's hard not to start feelin yourself.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall nggas tripin tho.

When everybody basically tells you you're the ? your whole life, it's hard not to start feelin yourself.

O-kaay, cool, most prospects feel themself. But yall r makin it like he was SUPPOSED to make it. Like theres not 2,3,4 Mcdonalds all americans every year that dont make the league.

The point im makin is perhaps Lenny Cooke never would have made it anyway. Perhaps the NBA is that good.

Nggas bout to shed tears in this bytch like he destitute. i dnt get it. U would think he a dope fiend the way yall talkin. What exactly is so 'sad' about this?
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Yall nggas tripin tho.

Especially at 17-19 years old not coming from ? . It sounds easy to say "he shoulda listened" , but how many people at that age do everything correctly? Hell most kids that age think they know everything already then look back in their late 20's and say "damn i was hard headed".