The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But I like that Lara is willing to go up to 160 to fight GGG.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think danny jacobs and quillin will fight nxt
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lara got a chance of beating GGG
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    A damn good chance
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Virgil hunter said canelo will gas 2nd half oof the fight or sooner said angulo will be on canelo every second od every round and of canelo doesnt knock angulo out with in six ( since he says 2nd half canelo will gas and lose power) it will be a wrap for canelo
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GGG beats Lara. Angulo proved he got a weak chin
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    GGG beats Lara. Angulo proved he got a weak chin

They saying that fight can take place at Madison square garden in April if so I'm going to that fight.
  • terbear
    terbear Members Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets be honest "Floyd's Poll" is his cover for picking Khan point blank period. One of my favorite fighters of all time just brilliant in the ring but if he thinks hes fooling anyone hes not... Lara vs GGG good fight but GGG by decapitation if Angulo could get to Lara then GGG will.

I lost mad respect for GGG after this " i'll fight anyone from 154-168lb. Ward told him hes game now all the sudden GGG's trainer "the ward fight will be bigger if we wait" GGG aint getting any younger and he said himself he would go to 168 and take on all GGG ducking ward so he can keep feasting on tomato cans and 154.. GGG ---> Canelo 2.0. All Canelo did was feast on ww's and jww.
  • terbear
    Options
    Havent gone alot of pages but Tim Bradley resigning with TR even though he could easily land the Mayweather fight is a clear duck and I hope Pacman puts a brutal beat down on this man
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    I just came here to say that about G u beat me to it! Ole ill fight anyone from 154-168 ..cept him ..him oh and him ass ? !...looks like it may G vs andy lee which is not a terrible fight ...cuz like i stated before if lee comes focused he has a real shot at a upset ...he tall ( and fights tall) has long reach ...and had respectable power

And yea i been called that poll out thats ? is a farce floyd probably got his thousand leeches who hang around voting smh
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I just read that there were four independent polls that had it like 75% for Maidana
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd was never fighting maidana dude was just throwing his name around to build hype for his next fight
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khan is a tougher matchup style wise anyway but neither pose any real threat. It's several tougher fights at 147 and 154.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Well he wont be able to ? shot khan all night khan its gonna come in throwin combos and i think hunter will have a good game plan and we all know khan been obsessed wot floyd for years and im sure he and hunter have been watchin tape and training lightly since last year since khan was so confident he was next in line for the pay day
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    terbear wrote: »
    Havent gone alot of pages but Tim Bradley resigning with TR even though he could easily land the Mayweather fight is a clear duck and I hope Pacman puts a brutal beat down on this man
    Nah Bradley wants to beat him convincingly April is going to be some good fights for that month.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GGG is a 160 pound fighter

There's not enough money in a Ward fight to risk losing going up in weight

I dnt like him calling out Floyd but I get it
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? please. Not enough money in a Ward fight? ? that would be GGG's highest payday to date if he fought Ward.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Wall wrote: »
    ? please. Not enough money in a Ward fight? ? that would be GGG's highest payday to date if he fought Ward.

Shieeeettt GGG probably make double what a Ward fight bring by fighting at home

Them ? eat overseas
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    G my homie and all but he gonna have to step up or ?
  • terbear
    edited February 2014
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

GGG himself said he would fight "ANYONE" from 154-168 he said he would come down and go up. Lara has called him out at 154 now all the sudden cant fight there because lara is with showtime, then why the ? you got floyds ? all in your mouth calling him out at 154 hes with showtime??? GGG is a another hype job, he has skills but he has turn down 2 great fights call me a skeptic. Also why is he calling out Floyd if not for a payday??? You just said yourself hes a 160lber Floyd is a 147 naturally who goes up only and I mean only when the money is right. ODL( King of the hill at the time), Cotto(3rd largest PPV), Canelo (easy money hype job). Why is he ducking Lara thou? Lara has a suspect chin should be easy win for him.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    I just came here to say that about G u beat me to it! Ole ill fight anyone from 154-168 ..cept him ..him oh and him ass ? !...looks like it may G vs andy lee which is not a terrible fight ...cuz like i stated before if lee comes focused he has a real shot at a upset ...he tall ( and fights tall) has long reach ...and had respectable power

And yea i been called that poll out thats ? is a farce floyd probably got his thousand leeches who hang around voting smh

I told yall bout that imp.... they using propaganda to get him props without fighting guys. lowball offers to guys then cry no one will fight me while they look for 154 fighters ie Kirkland yet Lara calls their bluff and its oh oh his style is boring HBO dont want him
  • aneed123
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

u cant have it both ways tho. why floyd or 154lb guys gotta move up for GGG but his ? ass wont go to 168 for Ward?
  • R.D.
    Options
    My ? he said he would meet Floyd at 154

Floyd has a belt at 154 and is the best fighter in the world....Everybody wants that shot

I don't take that seriously

GGG would whip Lara's ass

He want Martinez, why would he be worried about Lara
  • aneed123
    Options
    its the principalities..... dont be calling out smaller guys then refusing the boxing type cuz he dont fight like a brawler then refuse to go up in weight when Ward calls him out
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boxingscene.com/wards-trainer-golovkin-with-league--74552
    Ward's Trainer: Can Golovkin Do That With The A-League? - Boxing News

By Rick Reeno

The anticipation is quickly building for a potential match between two of the most dominant fighters in the sport, WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (27-0, 14KOs) and IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (29-0, 26KOs). Both fighters are being showcased on HBO, and the network is very interested in televising a high profile fight between the two unbeaten champions.

Virgil Hunter, trainer of Ward, praises Golovkin for doing exactly what everyone expects him to do in the ring.

"I give the kid credit. The guys he is fighting, he's supposed to knock them out and he's doing that. I give him all the credit in the world. The bottom line is, one day we hope to fight him and then he'll come into the reality of things. But until then my hat goes off to them," Hunter told BoxingScene.com.

However, Hunter is not overly impressed with Golovkin's level of opposition. In a recent BoxingScene interview, Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez said his boxer was open to the idea of facing Ward - but only when Ward's team was going to negotiate with them on "equal terms."

Hunter, as he broke down the professional achievements of both men, explained exactly why he believes the two undefeated Olympians are not standing on equal footing.

"I don't think Adama would go a full fight with us. I don't think Rosado would go a full fight us, and I don't think Macklin would go the distance with us. The thing is, Gennady has 29 fights....we went against the best in the world, not pretenders or contenders, but the best in the world at 20 fights. We came into the Super Six with 20 fights, against Mikkel Kessler, Arthur Abraham, Carl Froch," Hunter said.

"At one time, and you have to remember, Andre was 17-0 with 12 or 13 knockouts and everyone thought he was a puncher. But then he went into the A-league. Even at 18-0, he fought Edison Miranda when he was still a very dangerous man. He then had an injury and took a tuneup, and then went right into a fight with Kessler. I think if you look back at Gennady, at who he was fighting at 18 fights [Milton Nunez], I think we'd have a KO too. I think whoever he fought in his last fight, we'd have a KO. But we went to Mikkel Kessler, we went to Abraham, we went to Froch, to Sakio Bika. We went into the A-league, so really there is no comparison."

"The question is? Can he maintain that [knockout streak] against the A-league? But, I don't consider the middleweight division a strong division at all. When Andre was in the super middleweight division, at 18-0, it was murderer's row. At middleweight, nobody has fought anybody there [a reference to how none of the four champions have fought each other]."