BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be
    Lots of good albums but this was still easy for me
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Be
    Sometimes when I listen to Kanye albums, i think "damn I wish a better rapper was on these fire Ye beats"

then I go listen to Be
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Ibex wrote: »
    It sounded like nothing I had ever heard before at the time

SMH, really? So u really gonna act like the BMF promotion isnt what caught simpleton ? like u ears? The extra move type drug dealer baller lifestyle was meant as a marketing & clearly it worked. Shows how much little the music means in this culture & how its about image & phony "street cred" than anything else.

Not a fan nor am i trying to take anything away from it..but really? Nothing u ever heard before? Stoooop. Jeezy nor the production was something new at all. Like i said the supposed lifestyle & word of mouth whispers caught ur ears, not the music.

Marketing 101. BMF painted Jeezy, yall ate it up. Said this in 2005-2006 too. Not only him either.

It ain't catch my ears because of BMF, and I ain't no simpleton playboy. The extra drug dealer baller lifestyle is something that existed before they started promoting jeezy, we was seein that ? every day, he was throwin up the same ? we was throwin up in the videos, that's why he caught ? ears because it felt like one of us made it. ? had been sellin anything under the sun to get by before we ever knew he existed. Jeezy was a representative of gettin it how you live. We ate that ? up because we had a voice. It wasn't like nothin he heard at the time because nobody was talkin that ? from the perspective that jeezy was. That hook on Air Forces? That verse on chu'uch? That was really ? lives. If somebody else ate it up that's them, but i'm speakin for real ? . If I have to explain it to you.... Then you'll never understand.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Late Registration
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle stop complaining like a hoe

im using logic like I have a brain ? is like playing the nfl playoffs all in one week

ADHD ass ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Late Registration
    2005 was a really good year for hip hop.. I think the worse year was 2009. Can't think if anything really standing out. Except for Raekwon joint
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Late Registration
    And I barely mess with that
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Be
    2005 was a really good year for hip hop.. I think the worse year was 2009. Can't think if anything really standing out. Except for Raekwon joint

Mos def had a decent album that year I think. But yea that's all I can think of
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Shout out to Who Is Mike Jones? tho
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thug Motivation 101
    This was Jeezy time, Late Registration was the my only other choice for this year
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The B Coming

SMH, really? So u really gonna act like the BMF promotion isnt what caught simpleton ? like u ears? The extra move type drug dealer baller lifestyle was meant as a marketing & clearly it worked. Shows how much little the music means in this culture & how its about image & phony "street cred" than anything else.

Not a fan nor am i trying to take anything away from it..but really? Nothing u ever heard before? Stoooop. Jeezy nor the production was something new at all. Like i said the supposed lifestyle & word of mouth whispers caught ur ears, not the music.

Marketing 101. BMF painted Jeezy, yall ate it up. Said this in 2005-2006 too. Not only him either.

It ain't catch my ears because of BMF, and I ain't no simpleton playboy. The extra drug dealer baller lifestyle is something that existed before they started promoting jeezy, we was seein that ? every day, he was throwin up the same ? we was throwin up in the videos, that's why he caught ? ears because it felt like one of us made it. ? had been sellin anything under the sun to get by before we ever knew he existed. Jeezy was a representative of gettin it how you live. We ate that ? up because we had a voice. It wasn't like nothin he heard at the time because nobody was talkin that ? from the perspective that jeezy was. That hook on Air Forces? That verse on chu'uch? That was really ? lives. If somebody else ate it up that's them, but i'm speakin for real ? . If I have to explain it to you.... Then you'll never understand.

dog. get the whole ? outta here tryin pretend it's some mystery to jeezy
    Bass + Drugs= Jeezy
    theres nothin new or different about it & he damn sure aint improve on it. that 'everyday hustler/street ? had been before & better by Juve, Bun B, BG,& TI & thats just the south....what we really need is props to Shawty Redd. Listen to Jeezy with your bass at 75% & he aint ?
    that we had a voice is nonsense. another case of ? wanting to revise ? to when THEY started paying attention & consuming hip hop on their own

u like Jeezy, gucci, whoever- cool. but aint no mystique to it. just like wayne & the "you dont get it" no ? . ? listen to Nas, Lupe, & Common and cant 'understand' Jeezy. please

? love to act like if you dont do backflips over simple trap music "you could never understand" or "you dont live that life" just cause yall go ape ? over it dont mean ? wasnt living or rappin about the streets before

TM 101 prolly Jeezy best album. TO ME that doesnt mean anything. i have no issue with someone voting it based on the moments they had wit it. but this whole 'no one was rapping like him" is sheer ? . just say u ? wit it
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Soul Survivor on repeat that summer
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn 2005 really did have a lot of dope drops
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The Minstrel Show
    2005 was a solid year that was overshadowed by ringtone garbage.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Documentary
    Gotdamn no grand champ ? ? Smh
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Minstrel Show
    smh @ what Jody Breeze coulda been
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Documentary
    Who is leading the poll?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Documentary
    Between AWOL and Documentary, gave it to Game
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

dog. get the whole ? outta here tryin pretend it's some mystery to jeezy
    Bass + Drugs= Jeezy
    theres nothin new or different about it & he damn sure aint improve on it. that 'everyday hustler/street ? had been before & better by Juve, Bun B, BG,& TI & thats just the south....what we really need is props to Shawty Redd. Listen to Jeezy with your bass at 75% & he aint ?
    that we had a voice is nonsense. another case of ? wanting to revise ? to when THEY started paying attention & consuming hip hop on their own

u like Jeezy, gucci, whoever- cool. but aint no mystique to it. just like wayne & the "you dont get it" no ? . ? listen to Nas, Lupe, & Common and cant 'understand' Jeezy. please

? love to act like if you dont do backflips over simple trap music "you could never understand" or "you dont live that life" just cause yall go ape ? over it dont mean ? wasnt living or rappin about the streets before

TM 101 prolly Jeezy best album. TO ME that doesnt mean anything. i have no issue with someone voting it based on the moments they had wit it. but this whole 'no one was rapping like him" is sheer ? . just say u ? wit it

How the ? you gonna tell me what's goin on in my life ? ? You don't know me from a can of paint. I said what I said, and I meant that ? . Eat a ? . I ain't read that ? anyway.
  • almighty breeze
    Options
    The B Coming

wasnt that 03
  • almighty breeze
    Options
    The B Coming
    no one questioned what u meant. and either u didnt read it or u happen to know what i said by reading & ur full of ?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Tha Carter 2
    If yall gon come in here ? bout an album not makin the poll, atleast know the year it came out
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Documentary

wasnt that 03

Damn you right got my years mixed up
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be
    Oh ? , didn't see LR lol..I vote for that
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Late Registration
    5th Letter wrote: »
    This is hard. I like the Minstrel Show, B Coming, Documentary, Be .. .