Old brothers = haters

Options

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    "this old ? in my hood be hating but he know wat up, but imma keep coming thru stuntin, cause I don't give a ? , I DON'T GIVE A ? "

its dolph
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one of your mistakes is using the word "haters"...
  • ring vhames
    ring vhames Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I been wanting to make this thread a while ago but I never got around to it.

What's up with old n*ggas being the biggest haters, competing with younger brothers and seeing them as a threat? Whether it's on a street or corporate level, old n*ggas will hate on younger brothers. It's like a e = mc2.

With other races, older men mentor the younger generation, show 'em the ropes and try to prevent them from making mistakes they made. These men want to see the next gen. do better than them. A prime example of this would be these Jews. When they just arrived in the US, these Jews were broke and destitute. They were getting punked throughout eastern Europe and had to flee to the US from persecution. Some of these first and second gen. Jew men had to resort to criminal activities to make a living. They made sure to set something up for the next generations so they wouldn't have to live a life of crime. With most successful races, the older generation makes sure to set something up for the generations after them. Men will get judged by what they have accomplished and accumulated in their life. A European man having nothing but bastard children will not be taken seriously. Same with orientals, coolies, Arabs and any other race except American blacks (not Africans). Legacy is what men are judged on.

With us blacks from the diaspora, any sense of legacy and family was destroyed during slavery and breeded out since. How does that translate to this thread you ask? Well, black men are content with just making irresponsible life choices that make them feel good for the moment but are not beneficial in the future. These n*ggas can go through life buying their lil' trinkets, following their primal ? and ultimately die with nothing to their name leaving their (bastard) offspring with absolutely nothing. Old n*ggas wanna remain young, competing with young brothers like I stated earlier. You all know the type; derelict n*ggas dressing and acting like boys when they're pushing 40 and beyond.

Any real brother can come up with a story of a old n*gga hating on him. Whether it was an old n*gga ? mackin' and/ or hatin' at a club or in the hood behind a young chick, in a job situation trying to pull a brother down or even with family members. In out community we act like we should respect our elders regardless of what they have accomplished or what legacy they have left. I'm saying respect should be earned, not given. Too many of these old n*ggas don't deserve our respect so I say let them go to hell. Who feels where I'm coming from? Add on, come with instances of old n*ggas hating on you and give us solutions to this problem...

looks like you had a bad experience and not every older bruh is to blame....

life dont work like that...that was that old nikka not every body...

i will be 40 in june and you youngns and your shenanigans dont interest me in the least...if you ask for advice i'll give it...but 9 times out of 10 you wont....so i dont bother...i just sit back and laugh...some people have to learn the hard way....

• Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most old heads don't compete bcuz they've already won.

The insecurity of youth makes the young wanna be martyrs, thinking everyone wanna challenge, defeat, compete, hate on them. Most times that ? be all in the mind tho.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    I ain't read all that ? nor did I watch the vids.

This is the ic, not your personal blog. Keep that ? short and to the point bro. It's Saturday.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont/won't hate on my lil bro I honestly want him to be up on ? , and enjoy the ? even I didn't enjoy
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this ? doesn't scream father-less Iono what does
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have never experienced this personally
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Muhannad X

I can certainly identify with what you're saying.

Personally, I think the root of what you've identified stems from the fact that a lot of older people in general want automatic, unquestioned, authoritative respect, but either don't deserve it, or don't give it themselves, unrealized, successful, or otherwise; And I cosign your stance on this wholeheartedly.

While yes, there are a wealth of old heads that are positive influences, there are also a plethora of our elders that quite frankly, aren't ? , yet still want to be treated as if another's sheer knowledge of their existence warrants them some modicum of distinction.

But the truth behind all of this, being brutally honest, is that no one owes ANY of them (our Elders) ANYTHING anyway. Respect is really something that is given, or not, whether you think you deserve it, or not.

Delusional ageism is real. There are many, many, many older folks who, regardless of their contributions to this world, just assume respect and superiority from / over younger people, just because; And more times than not, this is what's happening, and is more than likely what sparked this very thread, imo..
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    In out community we act like we should respect our elders regardless...

u should respect your elders cuh. That goes as far bacc as mother Africa.
    This mindstate is why we're losing. Us blacks give people respect who haven't done sh*t to warrant it. Single mothers = strong autonamitcally no matter what they done. All a ? has to say is she's christian/ loves Jesus and all ? behavior is excused. Old dudes making ? all over the place leaving them with nothing but getting respexct simply because they're old...

Respect should be earned. I won't respect a dusty a*s n*gga or hoodrat who've been making dumb life choices all his or her adult life. We need to raise our standards IMO.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a whole, the degradation of mindsets are plentiful. Traditions carried long before has vanished in efforts for many to relive their second childhood.

In this world, it is much easy to conform to such simplistic, silly and worldly ideals when the desire for acceptance has greatly rose in the black male population.

I do not blame the world, but the consumption of its ideals has greatly divided the connection between old school and new school.

I know this to be true because while on break, I heard an old school dude talking to a young blood. It was quite amazing to see that the old school head was dropping genuine knowledge and the young blood was listening. Young blood just sat there, soaking up the knowledge. Once the old head got up from the table, I went to shake his hand. You just don't see that happening in todays world that often.

Its a shame how the world is submitting itself to the corruption of dead weight mindsets

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Which old ? hurt you bruh?

@Cain
    @Hassan
    @Stew
    @Deadeye
    @Darkone360...wait what?

Thanks Jesus that I'm not in the old ? crew!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Idk how the ? I am lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this ? doesn't scream father-less Iono what does

Maybe you can be his big bro pancho nh.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/s and beam make some good points. As a newly minted old head input it like this. Its not hating but competing in most cases. Not everyone is where they should/want to be when they certain stages in their life. Instead of being a boss they still in the worker spot so likewise they have to compete.as such I got jatrd on some in my younger years and I hated that ? but eventually I learned to ignore it and keep moving
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread oozes of no daddy syndrome.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    @Muhannad X

I can certainly identify with what you're saying.

Personally, I think the root of what you've identified stems from the fact that a lot of older people in general want automatic, unquestioned, authoritative respect, but either don't deserve it, or don't give it themselves, unrealized, successful, or otherwise; And I cosign your stance on this wholeheartedly.

While yes, there are a wealth of old heads that are positive influences, there are also a plethora of our elders that quite frankly, aren't ? , yet still want to be treated as if another's sheer knowledge of their existence warrants them some modicum of distinction.

But the truth behind all of this, being brutally honest, is that no one owes ANY of them (our Elders) ANYTHING anyway. Respect is really something that is given, or not, whether you think you deserve it, or not.

Delusional ageism is real. There are many, many, many older folks who, regardless of their contributions to this world, just assume respect and superiority from / over younger people, just because; And more times than not, this is what's happening, and is more than likely what sparked this very thread, imo..
    Good post! There's still hope lol.

You post something and petty n*ggas wanna resort to personal attacks and play corny semantics games instead of responding to the thread. It's a shame really and notice how these n*ggas don't make memorable threads eventhough they got 10,000 + posts while they signed on later than I did.
    Same thing happened to my man @SnuffDaddy when he posted that thread about how the absense of a father impacted his life. N*ggas tried to clown instead of responding on topic.

What does my motive for making this thread matter anyway? Why even bring up my father when I haven't? I stated I've been to almost if not every big city in the western hemnisphere. It's not like what I have stated isn't true. What is the older gen. in any black community in any random western country building for their offspring? Like n*ggas haven't seen the old n*gga at the club. Like n*ggas haven't seen the old b*tch acting stank trying to catch. Yeah ok...
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to t/s for this thread.. No lie, I've been thinking about this too recently. Some older men act like they want to be us and hate that we are doing good in our lives without their input. I fully respect men who have taken responsibility as a man and laid their lives down to a definite cause and have disciplined themselves in order to accomplish great things but men who have sat on their ass and done nothing positive of any great significance need to be quiet when we're doing our thing.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    Seems to me extremes are dictating the input of this thread.

I'm 33 years old and I see no reason to throw salt on any man younger than me. I see no reason to compete. I'm ? a woman ten years younger than me, I own property and are the proprietor of my own business. No, I don't have a college degree and I don't belong to any elite social clubs but mf's still reach out to me if they want to be placed among the right ppl. My friends are all older than me and do what they can for the generations under us.

I don't like when young ? try to clump all the old heads into one category bcuz most times, the young ? are wrong.

If we really wanna talk about shade being thrown, it usually comes from the young pups trying to make a name for self. Grown men don't give a ? about growing men. We been there and done that. Instead of walking around acting like you have life figured out, maybe you should sit down, shut the ? up and listen. Idgaf how smart you think you are, your intelligence aint ? without experience.

Yeah it's a few old ? that aint ? but know that if a ? aint ? when he's old, he wasn't ? when he was young.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like I'm getting old because I think most kids younger than me ain't ? , but the last generation before me said the same ? , and the same before them. But those old ? got old and died and the world kept spinning.
  • BEAM
    Options
    Seems to me extremes are dictating the input of this thread.

I'm 33 years old and I see no reason to throw salt on any man younger than me. I see no reason to compete. I'm ? a woman ten years younger than me, I own property and are the proprietor of my own business. No, I don't have a college degree and I don't belong to any elite social clubs but mf's still reach out to me if they want to be placed among the right ppl. My friends are all older than me and do what they can for the generations under us.

I don't like when young ? try to clump all the old heads into one category bcuz most times, the young ? are wrong.

If we really wanna talk about shade being thrown, it usually comes from the young pups trying to make a name for self.

>>> Grown men don't give a ? about growing men. We been there and done that. Instead of walking around acting like you have life figured out, maybe you should sit down, shut the ? up and listen. Idgaf how smart you think you are, your intelligence aint ? without experience.<<<

Yeah it's a few old ? that aint ? but know that if a ? aint ? when he's old, he wasn't ? when he was young.

I'm sorry, but this is exactly the kind of ageist arrogance that's been spotlighted by t/s.

It seems like older men believe that respect / acknowledgement from younger generations are among the things they've worked for or earned, but frankly, they're not.

Truth be told, a lot of older dudes seem to be shytty that they aren't seen by others as they see themselves, or as they wish to be seen, and as evidenced above, resort to pathetically outlandish, generalized assumptions laden with aggression and hostility serving as some second strike attempt at establishing an iota of superiority, as if.

Many older men wrongfully perceive anything other than how they think they should be treated as disrespect, when in reality, they're simply not as important as they think they are; Striving angrily to find error in apathy, immaturely attempting to undercut someone else with ZERO information about or relevance to their life..

Really, dude?

Please, get out of your feelings and go home to your woman where you can enjoy the respect you so desperately think you deserve.

• Rozetta5tone
    Options
    Yet you've been been throwing shade in both your posts.

Okay bro, whatever you say. You sound like an arrogant, naive young guy trying to justify why you feel you're above respecting anyone that doesn't fit your idea of achievement.
  • BEAM
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I haven't thrown any shade at all. I've simply said that (a) A lot of old dudes expect respect and get upset when they don't get it, and (b) Called out an example of that very thing happening in this very thread.

You think I consider myself "above respecting [insert random ? here]", only because like many older heads, you think i'm below you, and should behave accordingly. And you use the word "naive", because you're assuming yourself more knowledgable and accomplished than me; my Superior.

And yet i'm supposed blindly respect someone so arrogant, someone who automatically assumes themselves above me? This whole thing is hilariously ironic. As i said, you're upset because i'm not treating you as my superior, because off top, you've assumed yourself to be just that. Yet somehow i'm arrogant. Yeah, okay.

All i've said is that no one is owed respect, and people have a right to apathy, especially concerning other people, and i've said this before actually...

BEAM wrote: »
    While I can appreciate the concept of respect, I also recognize that I don't owe that too Anyone beyond my parents.

Simply being an "adult" or "older" doesn't warrant one Anything, and honestly, it's pretentious and selfish to expect or demand it. What does the life you lived (longer or not) have to do with me? Besides, being older than someone else isn't something one can claim and wield as justification for anything, you had Nothing to do with when you or anyone else was born.

I'm not advocating being disrespectful (intentionally rude and/or mean), but to expect someone to be nice to you beyond their own accord is ridiculous.

Get over yourself.

Now realize, I am a nice person to everyone I meet. But the day someone demands or expects me to that act way is the day they'll learn how insignificant they really are.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old brothers = haters

Generalisation(s)