too close to home for me ..pass

What do you mean?
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    too close to home for me ..pass

What do you mean?

Childhood was similar , parts I seen just in the trailer brings up old ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Movie title sounds wack.

Watch the trailer!

grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just seen the commercial for this today. i'll watch it on demand but i'm not crying little girl! ? dat!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll watch Anthony Mackie in captain America 2
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , I've never even heard of this but I'll watch it. IDK if it's considered an independent film, but I ? with indie films. Especially good Black indie films.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , I've never even heard of this but I'll watch it. IDK if it's considered an independent film, but I ? with indie films. Especially good Black indie films.

@? _i_look_like

I would think so. It has the stamp of the sundance film festival on it. I think those are always indies. It kinda reminded me of Red Hook Summer a little except it was actually a good film.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did they ? any of those guys in the end?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That kid was talkin' reckless to his moms and only got slapped once?! Nah, not a real single mother, project chick on welfare, drugs, & a ? ...... he should've got that Precious beating .....
    Asian kid in the projects? I never seen that before .......
    What was the point of the light skin chick tho'?
  • MECCA1000
    Options
    Oh, and them dudes just stepped off when that store owner threw the kid in the choke hold ...... really?!
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so we just gonna talk about scenes without spoilers?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    That kid was talkin' reckless to his moms and only got slapped once?! Nah, not a real single mother, project chick on welfare, drugs, & a ? ...... he should've got that Precious beating .....

the light skin savior of course
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

@mecca1000

If you dont edit your posts with spoilers this second!

What is wrong with u? Ruining it for everyone
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its on redbox too
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching now....good look with the link @obonoxiouslyfresh

(lol at supporting this movie through piracy tho)
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited February 2014
    Options
    After watching, I don't get the light skin chick's purpose in the movie either. Kind of a useless character imo. Good movie tho, but damn that ? was depressing. Lil ? couldn't catch a break..
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll check it out
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a bad flick.

I thought the lead actor was solid. Kid did an excellent job of projecting that constant anger and disappointment kids of that background carry with them.

I thought the acting bit was kinda much. I know it was to represent Mister's one hope of escaping poverty but the whole fargo monologue felt forced.

The movie sorta OD'd with conveying all the dangers of growing up in abject poverty (like damn
    Pete's mom was a single mother prostitute, physically and mentally abused him, AND he was molested by his next door neighbor?
    ) But I understand it was to sell home how ? living in poverty can be.

And post weight loss Jordin Sparks is never a bad thing to look at (damn you jason derulo).

7.5/10

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man ? this ? , i don't like watching movies that make me care.....
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    The movie sorta OD'd with conveying all the dangers of growing up in abject poverty (like damn
    Pete's mom was a single mother prostitute, physically and mentally abused him, AND he was molested by his next door neighbor?
    ) But I understand it was to sell home how ? living in poverty can be.

I can see how you would say that. It was jam packed with damn near every unfortunate circumstance that could possibly happen to hood kids.
    I thought it was balanced kind of nicely though. Jennifer Hudson didn't strike me as the typical druggie, prostitute mom with no maternal instinct. She just seemed to be trying but overwhelmed by her condition. They could have gone really over the top with her character.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the light skin savior of course

This is why I hate you ? . Now every ? movie amma notice the light skinned muthafukka is the savior SMH Amma be sitting there mad as ? and nobody gonna know why. Tyler Perry ass writers. If JOrdin Sparks ends up being a blue collar lightskinned ? working at the shipyard amma be mad lol

Oh and the movie looks interesting. Hopefully its not one of those movies that looks promising and then you see it and its a disappointment. BUt then again, I have rarely been disappointed by the things that go to SUNDANCE first.
  • MECCA1000
    Options

@mecca1000

If you dont edit your posts with spoilers this second!

What is wrong with u? Ruining it for everyone

My bad ...... I posted and bounced lol plus there was so many "Nah" about watching it ...... didn't think anybody would even cared .....
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally finished watching it. It was cool. I've seen friends go through similar experiences first hand in the hood. That Asian kid had the Woat experience. I don't see Asians in those conditions in the hood but it could be LES or something. Kid was reckless though, but i can see why. SMH at Dude from the wire playing the same damn role all these years later.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks good. I'll be watching this soon.
    Thanks for putting me on
    @obnoxiouslyfresh.