You and your s/o are new parents... would you raise your child gender neutral?

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    niggawhatthefuckisthat^
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh@this white ppl ?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    No
    niggawhatthefuckisthat^

"Here's the plan. Through various molecular experiments, my team of evil scientist have devised a diabolical weapon devastating to the future of humanity. We will unleash this weapon upon the unsuspecting population turning their little boys into girls until they pay a ransom of ..."

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png
  • laydee
    laydee Members Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    @desertrain10
    @laydee
    @mryounggun
    @Darth%20Sidious
    @Knives%20Amilli
    @BEAM
    @VIBE
    @kai
    @atribecalledgabi

FaggotFreedom Warriors
    AssholeAristocrats
    DickOnDick Defenders
    ManOnMan Militia

Get yall faggotlovin ? in hear and fly yall flag
    Yall go need the whole click for this one
    Rep yo ? set

I am a firm believer in the gender neutral theory, if I had a brat I would do my best to up bring him/her to have no understanding of genders! At least until the age of 6!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Burn that family with fire
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Sometimes parents need to actually be parents and tell kids what's what. Kids don't need any more added confusion in life.

That kid is gonna shoot up a school someday.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? 23? Her face looks old as hell. White people, man..
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    ? is stupid.
    Them crackas r stupid.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    No
    @reppintime
    I already posted in the thread
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    laydee wrote: »
    @desertrain10
    @laydee
    @mryounggun
    @Darth%20Sidious
    @Knives%20Amilli
    @BEAM
    @VIBE
    @kai
    @atribecalledgabi

FaggotFreedom Warriors
    AssholeAristocrats
    DickOnDick Defenders
    ManOnMan Militia

Get yall faggotlovin ? in hear and fly yall flag
    Yall go need the whole click for this one
    Rep yo ? set

I am a firm believer in the gender neutral theory, if I had a brat I would do my best to up bring him/her to have no understanding of genders! At least until the age of 6!

Which is exactly why ppl like u need to be sterilized
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @reppintime

obviously. but you and the rest of the boyslove posse that posted didnt try hard enough, I need a better effort.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the wife look like a gotdamn man. and the husband look like a ? . this whole family is ? up
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Didn't read.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    No
    @reppintime

obviously. but you and the rest of the boyslove posse that posted didnt try hard enough, I need a better effort.

this is why you vehemently anti-? folks can't be taken seriously. cuz when people say they don't care or give any answer that's short of "? them ? " or "ew ? are gross" to yall we in a "boyslove posse." yet every time something ? happens yall the first ones to make & participate in the threads.

do better, ? .
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    only crackers would raise their child as a social experiment
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yeah.

I draw the line at dresses though. He can wear a kilt, no dresses.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    37020-didnt-read-lol-eLU8.gif

and what does gender neutral mean?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Take a look. It's in a book
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    Options
    No
    It is too early for this. The world isn't progressive enough for this to be well received. Just going to make a freak show out of your kid to make a political statement. I would not do that to my youngins.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »

Take a look. It's in a book

Doubt it existed in my school days. It sounds ? so I'm a go ahead and say no.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    No
    I understand what they're doing.

Wearing dresses, liking pink, playing with dolls and emulating maternalistic/nurturing parenting skills are in no way, shape, or form INHERENTLY preferential or exclusive to girls. Rather, they are behavioral and cultural stereotypes reinforced by gender roles. Gender roles are completely man made social constructs like race, religion, etc.

By allowing the boy to freely indulge in both traditionally boys and girls clothing styles/toys/behaviors they are attempting to subvert the mental indoctrination of "traditional" gender behaviors i.e. boys are aggressive/non caring/compassion is less of a desirable trait in boys...things of that nature.

And frankly they aren't wrong. Most of the "problems" we view with the opposite gender are a result of being "forced" by society's views. I have always maintained that its criminal that girls, especially girls who are growing up attractive, are pushed by society to be vapid, dependent, shallow, and have little to no imagination (this is why beautiful women are RARELY nerds, much to my own self interested disappointment).

So why did I pick no? Because gender neutrality is a great idea, in a perfect world.

As much as you believe in a cause and as much as you see past the ? , its not about you when you have a child. Sometimes, hell most of the time, your best chance to ensure your kids success is to train them how to operate in the ways of the world and school them on the ? when they are old enough to understand.

It's defeatist. It's cynical and hypocritical. But sometimes laying down is how you do right by your kids. In my mind, there's no way i'd send a child out in the world knowing ? well I'm painting a target on their back, like these people are.

? , in addition to me pro LGBT, Im very pro-Black. As much as I know about and am fervently against the evils of our Eurocentric, racist, westernized society, you think i'm gonna raise my kids as Lil' Fred Hampton?

No. I will teach them pride. I will teach them awareness. But I wont pass on the radical and righteous anger that comes with the knowledge until they're old enough to bear that cross, lest their chances of success in this world of ours be significantly hampered.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I'm a go ahead and say no.

good choice
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was not the world I was promised when I was younger......HELL NO!
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand what they're doing.

Wearing dresses, liking pink, playing with dolls and emulating maternalistic/nurturing parenting skills are in no way, shape, or form INHERENTLY preferential or exclusive to girls. Rather, they are behavioral and cultural stereotypes reinforced by gender roles. Gender roles are completely man made social constructs like race, religion, etc.

By allowing the boy to freely indulge in both traditionally boys and girls clothing styles/toys/behaviors they are attempting to subvert the mental indoctrination of "traditional" gender behaviors i.e. boys are aggressive/non caring/compassion is less of a desirable trait in boys...things of that nature.

And frankly they aren't wrong. Most of the "problems" we view with the opposite gender are a result of being "forced" by society's views. I have always maintained that its criminal that girls, especially girls who are growing up attractive, are pushed by society to be vapid, dependent, shallow, and have little to no imagination (this is why beautiful women are RARELY nerds, much to my own self interested disappointment).

So why did I pick no? Because gender neutrality is a great idea, in a perfect world.

As much as you believe in a cause and as much as you see past the ? , its not about you when you have a child. Sometimes, hell most of the time, your best chance to ensure your kids success is to train them how to operate in the ways of the world and school them on the ? when they are old enough to understand.

It's defeatist. It's cynical and hypocritical. But sometimes laying down is how you do right by your kids. In my mind, there's no way i'd send a child out in the world knowing ? well I'm painting a target on their back, like these people are.

? , in addition to me pro LGBT, Im very pro-Black. As much as I know about and am fervently against the evils of our Eurocentric, racist, westernized society, you think i'm gonna raise my kids as Lil' Fred Hampton?

No. I will teach them pride. I will teach them awareness. But I wont pass on the radical and righteous anger that comes with the knowledge until they're old enough to bear that cross, lest their chances of success in this world of ours be significantly hampered.

I really don't know where people come up with this stuff. I'm convinced that most people that use the term "social construct" don't know what an actual social construct is. Gender roles are set by nature. No one in this day and age tells a woman to be anything less than anything and everything she wants to be. The majority of women aren't as good at STEM fields as men. This is a fact. The majority of women don't have innovative minds but are really good followers which is why they currently do so well in today's feminized school systems.

Attractive girls aren't nerds because they're smart enough to realize that most men with money don't want them for their brains

But again, I really don't understand where people get this "girls are taught to be shallow vapid dependent" that's just how a lot of females naturally are when you raise them to think that their ? doesn't stink. I've watched "smart" women fail at thinking critically and make horrible decisions based off of that failure as much as I've watched any other women do it

You people think you're smarter than human nature but human nature will check you every time to remind you that you aren't
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Yeah.

I draw the line at dresses though. He can wear a kilt, no dresses.

Disgusting