Old brothers = haters

Options
1235»

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have a point but at the same time we historically have been defined by possessions.

The USA went from a society of thrift and saving for posterity to a consumerist and decadent society. Spending all your money is encouraged, getting a credit card is damn near essential, procuring the worst kinds of debt is commonplace.

It all boils down to the lack of education on economics. A lot of these people have an issue where they buy what they want and ask for what they need, the kind of ? that spend their gas money on drinks at the bar or dip into the rent to buy those new shoes, I think that's the most troubling mindset.

That stuff comes from the kind of society we live in and simply not knowing any better until it's too late. If you spend your life in debt and caught up in materialistic nonsense, how can you leave something for your children?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Older BLACK folks that i have come into contact with usually do want the youth to rise above them however they are not just going to let you you have to deserve that ? .

Especially in the business world that ? just does not happen not matter the racial group.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    @MUHANNADX i know this is your thread but you are off topic like crazy. If you are saying that there are ain't ? ? in the black community world wide then i think every one would agree with you. if you are saying that black people need a better understanding of economics then i would agree with you

But if you are saying that it's the old guys keeping the young guys down or hating on them somehow then i would have to disagree with you. The only older heads that owe you anything are your blood relations any help you get from any one else is extra.

and you are not a "old ass brother" you are only 33.
    Read the OP and my earlier posts once again and you'll see how it all ties in. I'll admit what I did do was stretch the definition of the word hater. It wasn't just someone ? macking or talking down on someone, but also a brother not setting up his offspring or even blacks in the generations after him but rather make poor life choices based on instant gratification.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    @MUHANNADX i know this is your thread but you are off topic like crazy. If you are saying that there are ain't ? ? in the black community world wide then i think every one would agree with you. if you are saying that black people need a better understanding of economics then i would agree with you

But if you are saying that it's the old guys keeping the young guys down or hating on them somehow then i would have to disagree with you. The only older heads that owe you anything are your blood relations any help you get from any one else is extra.

and you are not a "old ass brother" you are only 33.
    Read the OP and my earlier posts once again and you'll see how it all ties in. I'll admit what I did do was stretch the definition of the word hater. It wasn't just someone ? macking or talking down on someone, but also a brother not setting up his offspring or even blacks in the generations after him but rather make poor life choices based on instant gratification.

Yeah you are right then too many black folks do fall into that category.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    but how do you know he aint earn it?

just because it dont fit what you would say earning it is?

if you haven't live life or experienced anything how can you say another man hasnt earned something?

how about the fact that you can learn something from them?

its a shame that youngins want to be heard heard but dont want to listen. and guess whos watching you...the younger generations. they are watching you not listen and be disrespectful and they think its cool to do because you are doing it....and guess whats gonna happen when the now youngins get older...the youngins that you impressed wont listen to ? you have to say because they watched your disrespect and refuse to show it to you now.

while you guys continue to say who can and cant teach you something....i will continue to learn from my old heads and youngins. yes, i said younings....my kids teach me ? all the time but i teach them too.
    I'm gonna respond to other posts that are worth responding to as well later on this week.

What makes a man is his ability to provide for himself and be independant. Men should be judged on what they have built, tangible results. Ask yourself: "what has a man done with his life?" "What has he built for himself and his offspring?" "What has he accumulated?" Some people are not fit to give advise on anything serious. Not just men but also with women. In the black community it's not uncommon to see a fat, manless single mother giving relationship advise when she has never been in a stable relationship. We give stripes to people due to seniority and not accomplishments.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Prime example of an old n*gga being jealous and petty, hating on a new n*gga taking his shine...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHflFFKoaNM
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »

if you haven't live life or experienced anything how can you say another man hasnt earned something?

its a shame that youngins want to be heard heard but dont want to listen. and guess whos watching you...the younger generations. they are watching you not listen and be disrespectful and they think its cool to do because you are doing it....and guess whats gonna happen when the now youngins get older...the youngins that you impressed wont listen to ? you have to say because they watched your disrespect and refuse to show it to you now.

while you guys continue to say who can and cant teach you something....i will continue to learn from my old heads and youngins. yes, i said younings....my kids teach me ? all the time but i teach them too.
    I'm gonna respond to other posts that are worth responding to as well later on this week.

What makes a man is his ability to provide for himself and be independant. Men should be judged on what they have built, tangible results. Ask yourself: "what has a man done with his life?" "What has he built for himself and his offspring?" "What has he accumulated?" Some people are not fit to give advise on anything serious. Not just men but also with women. In the black community it's not uncommon to see a fat, manless single mother giving relationship advise when she has never been in a stable relationship. We give stripes to people due to seniority and not accomplishments.

To me..

Always been one of the best post on this site.

we now in 2017

how have things changed?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?

To me this has to be one of the stupidest post I have seen on this site. And quite frankly sums up what is wrong with much of the younger generation or any generation for that matter.

What makes a man is truth, honor, integrity, and the ability to overcome adversity should it befall him.

There are way to many suckas ass ? running around who believe they are men because, they have THINGS. Having things says absolutely nothing about the quality of ones character.

There is a saying. Never want what another man has because, you don't know how he obtained it. So, what we have are, young men who have no honor, no integrity, an inability to tell the truth who buckle like cheap wood when under pressure believing that instead of investing in their character first if, they accumulate things they will be respected and treated like men.

Why do you think Trump continues to have tantrum after tantrum when his doesn't get his way? He thought his wealth would buy him respect once he made into the white house and it hasn't because, he's a ? person. Whereas Obama put his character and integrity on the line and has garnered the respect he deserves as a man the world over.

FOH with this Euro savage thinking.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/o Willie Lynch!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?

To me this has to be one of the stupidest post I have seen on this site. And quite frankly sums up what is wrong with much of the younger generation or any generation for that matter.

What makes a man is truth, honor, integrity, and the ability to overcome adversity should it befall him.

There are way to many suckas ass ? running around who believe they are men because, they have THINGS. Having things says absolutely nothing about the quality of ones character.

There is a saying. Never want what another man has because, you don't know how he obtained it. So, what we have are, young men who have no honor, no integrity, an inability to tell the truth who buckle like cheap wood when under pressure believing that instead of investing in their character first if, they accumulate things they will be respected and treated like men.

Why do you think Trump continues to have tantrum after tantrum when his doesn't get his way? He thought his wealth would buy him respect once he made into the white house and it hasn't because, he's a ? person. Whereas Obama put his character and integrity on the line and has garnered the respect he deserves as a man the world over.

you really missed the point on this....

im glad you used obama...he has all you stated and still prepared his family with what he accumulated thru life experiences while preparing to leave them something. at what point can a man with all these things not begin to build generational wealth?

soo you both are right with your example.

the investment of passing knowledge and guidance to his kids, being all the things you stated AND giving them something "tangible" should be a standard. but sadly, its not.

were you always the person you are now or who your kids think you are?
    Or did you develop into who you are and where you are and take ownership as well as become an owner while preparing for the future?

the kids you are speaking of have may not have had male guidance early on how to be a man.

but

can a man not grow mentally? or must one come before the other? or nothing at all? do we all not get lost at some point or make mistakes?

can i obtain wealth and then learn the error of my ways? or if i obtain it first...all is lost?

or was the character always there but needed nurturing?

which comes first the chicken or the egg?

what he stated can be a man and what you stated can be a man. its a matter of perspective and trump is a ? example cuz hes always been a ? person. thats HIS character.
    but you can pretend it doesnt have merit just to be right while living like what he stated.

again...was the character always there?

but one side, the other side or both...what does it all matter if its not passed to the generation behind you....

thus leaving the character to develop itself with what it thinks is right.

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Provide, lead, teach, protect. And do so whilst being able to look yourself in the mirror. That's what men do, period.

Our women keep our ships afloat while we captain them, been that way since the beginning of time.

• Kwan Dai
    Options

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?

im glad you used obama...he has all you stated and still prepared his family with what he accumulated thru life experiences while preparing to leave them something. at what point can a man with all these things not begin to build generational wealth?

the investment of passing knowledge and guidance to his kids, being all the things you stated AND giving them something "tangible" should be a standard. but sadly, its not.

Or did you develop into who you are and where you are and take ownership as well as become an owner while preparing for the future?

the kids you are speaking of have may not have had male guidance early on how to be a man.

but

can a man not grow mentally? or must one come before the other? or nothing at all? do we all not get lost at some point or make mistakes?

can i obtain wealth and then learn the error of my ways? or if i obtain it first...all is lost?

what he stated can be a man and what you stated can be a man. its a matter of perspective and trump is a ? example cuz hes always been a ? person. thats HIS character.
    but you can pretend it doesnt have merit just to be right while living like what he stated.

but one side, the other side or both...what does it all matter if its not passed to the generation behind you....

I think I got the point just fine. The OP whole premise is, you can't tell some one else what to do or advise them if you don't have money or have accumulated things. This is ridiculous. You can spin it, how you like. But our communities say otherwise. We have a big issue with our young and old idolizing people simply because, they have things ie. money, fame, assets etc etc. They don't care about the persons character or how they obtained these things and many are willing to do exactly what someone else has done even to their own detriment to have things.

When you cultivate character first it becomes far more difficult to manipulate a person into doing things that would compromise their character. For us it would be things like selling dope, being excessive, ? everything that moves, and that taking care of seeds (men and women). And if a person of good character does fall victim it is less of a struggle to get back on track because, they have a foundation on which to start over.

Conversely when you don't put character first you get the complete opposite. People willing to do anything for what they may perceive as success. And when this person falls victim they have no foundation in which to build from so, they often times find themselves repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Bottom line. Being a "man" has absolutely nothing to do with wealth or the things a man has accumulated.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?

but

I think I got the point just fine. The OP whole premise is, you can't tell some one else what to do or advise them if you don't have money or have accumulated things. This is ridiculous. You can spin it, how you like. But our communities say otherwise. We have a big issue with our young and old idolizing people simply because, they have things ie. money, fame, assets etc etc. They don't care about the persons character or how they obtained these things and many are willing to do exactly what someone else has done even to their own detriment to have things.

When you cultivate character first it becomes far more difficult to manipulate a person into doing things that would compromise their character. For us it would be things like selling dope, being excessive, ? everything that moves, and that taking care of seeds (men and women). And if a person of good character does fall victim it is less of a struggle to get back on track because, they have a foundation on which to start over.

Conversely when you don't put character first you get the complete opposite. People willing to do anything for what they may perceive as success. And when this person falls victim they have no foundation in which to build from so, they often times find themselves repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Bottom line. Being a "man" has absolutely nothing to do with wealth or the things a man has accumulated]/b].

bruh I truly agree with the bolded

but respect and character don't pay bills or put food in ya kids' mouth

so I understand what u saying but u can't just dismiss why someone stresses wealth building being important when so many of our folks suffer due to a lack of resources of some kind
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?

but

Bottom line. Being a "man" has absolutely nothing to do with wealth or the things a man has accumulated.
    Agree...to an extend
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?

but

Bottom line. Being a "man" has absolutely nothing to do with wealth or the things a man has accumulated]/b].

bruh I truly agree with the bolded

but respect and character don't pay bills or put food in ya kids' mouth

so I understand what u saying but u can't just dismiss why someone stresses wealth building being important when so many of our folks suffer due to a lack of resources of some kind

I am not dismissing wealth building. I understand the importance of finances but finance over character is why our neighborhoods are in the conditions they are in. If, our communities where of a higher character standard we would know better not to fall victim to the traps. Would there still an uphill climb yes but we wouldn't be so quick to ? each other, neglect old folks, rob from each, and virtually destroy what little we do have.

We live in a me first, money over everything, get rich or die trying society at the moment. All which stress "wealth building". The issue people are willing to do it by any means because they have no character.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop dealing ? that would cut out 99% of your problem. Start dealing with black people.

You also sound like a bitter chick. Taking every bad experience and building a wall around yourself. If that is how you want to spend your life. Then do you. If not then knock that chip off your shoulder. Stop generalizing and stereotyping the group. Judge the individual not the whole.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album cover will never stop being funny

CRAIG-G-RamblingsofanAngryOldMan.jpg
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

I am not dismissing wealth building. I understand the importance of finances but finance over character is why our neighborhoods are in the conditions they are in. If, our communities where of a higher character standard we would know better not to fall victim to the traps. Would there still an uphill climb yes but we wouldn't be so quick to ? each other, neglect old folks, rob from each, and virtually destroy what little we do have.

We live in a me first, money over everything, get rich or die trying society at the moment. All which stress "wealth building". The issue people are willing to do it by any means because they have no character.

I can agree to that.......values are important

but I can't be surprised that our collective values are so messed up when so many of us are suffering because we were taken advantage of before we even got a chance to compete/exist

I personally believe that u get judged ultimately for what u are NOT willing to do, vs. what u will do.......it's the true sign of ur integrity/value system

but I'm not gon sit back and judge like some of my folks are wrong just cuz they not willing to sit back and wait for an honest turn to get on........cuz meanwhile most of the people who have an advantage in this society got it by doing something morally questionable

I mean how u expect ? to believe integrity is important when they live in a country founded by thieves/racists/murderers/pedophiles, etc.........I mean even look at the spoiled crook we got for a president right now haha

instilling a strong value system like u saying is def easier said than done unfortunately

• Kwan Dai
    Options

I can agree to that.......values are important

but I can't be surprised that our collective values are so messed up when so many of us are suffering because we were taken advantage of before we even got a chance to compete/exist

I personally believe that u get judged ultimately for what u are NOT willing to do, vs. what u will do.......it's the true sign of ur integrity/value system

but I'm not gon sit back and judge like some of my folks are wrong just cuz they not willing to sit back and wait for an honest turn to get on........cuz meanwhile most of the people who have an advantage in this society got it by doing something morally questionable

I mean how u expect ? to believe integrity is important when they live in a country founded by thieves/racists/murderers/pedophiles, etc.........I mean even look at the spoiled crook we got for a president right now haha

instilling a strong value system like u saying is def easier said than done unfortunately

Indeed. But that should be the goal we are striving for. You know the whole shoot for the moon and land among the stars thing. And if by some crazy miracle we are able to make up the wealth gap we would know what and how to conduct ourselves. Not be the next self serving 45.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    smdh...

y'all never cease to amaze me
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's the "get off my lawn" syndrome.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    When brothers are losers and been slacking their whole life they wanna throw around vague, subjective terms like honor and integrity because they know they haven't achieved sh*t. Brothers wanna come to messageboards and "kick knowledge" and get reactions and go back to being slackers IRL. They're content with being 'oracles' on the messageboards. Everybody can do what they want, but I see right through that bullsh*t.

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?

Nobody said "money makes the man". Step your reading comprehension up if that's all you got out of this thread. It's been three years since I made this thread, but this was more about older brothers leaving a legacy to the next generation than just accumulating wealth by any means necessary. The thread was targeting men who have children while not looking after them (by choice).
    Honor and integrity are vague and subjective terms. Every culture and subculture defines these terms differently. What's considered "honor" in Pakistan is seen as backwards and abject in the west and vice versa. Then you have subcultures in every society.

While you had a small point (that didn't counter anything said in the OP), no matter how you slice it we're living in a capitalist society. In 1st world countries men are primarily judged by their achievements.
  • Muhannad
    Options

To me..

we now in 2017

how have things changed?
    You tell me.

Don't let these guys pull a jedi mind trick on you. Nothing in that post you quoted was untrue. A brother can tell you it's BS and talk some vague, unquantuifiable stuff to pull the wool over your eyes, but if he can't tell you why it's BS you need to take what he says with a grain of salt. When brothers can't deal with the truth, they wanna deflect, spit vague rhetoric and spit tired chiches. That's what broads do. Surprised brothers didn't come out and said some cliche sh*t like "it ain't about what you got but whether you're happy or not" or bring up religion.
    Millenials shouldn't have to go outside the community to look for a job. My generation should've provided that for 'em. If for whatever reason we failed, we're to blame for that. Forget anything else...
    If this thread was about millenials doing this or that wrong, the same people that have a problem with the thread would've cosigned it.

Men are judged by these things mentioned in that post you quoted in most cultures. Not just European, but Asian, Arab, Jew, Indian, Oriental etc. All these cultures strive to be selfsufficient. How do I know that? Because unlike these derelict brothers 'spitting knowledge' I actually travel and experience different cultures.
    Give me one reason why we shouldn't have the same (universal) values as other cultures.