http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kD9Cf_dAVdg
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee 4 of 5
    Parallel wrote: »
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Lee would have to get close to Mike to land those licks which is mikes game.

Bruh you know how people get when it comes to urban legends. Bruce Lee might as well be Superman.

I don't think logic is going to work here lol.

This is Logic???

35lzp92.jpg

2la65qs.png

THATS KAREEM ABUL JABBAR WHOS 86 INCHES TALL. TYSONS ENTIRE WING SPAN WAS ONLY 72 INCHES. HIS ACTUAL ARM LENGTH WAS PROLLY A 3RD OF THAT.

LEE COULD KICK TYSON FROM A FAR GREATER DISTANCE BEFORE HE WOULD EVEN HAVE TO THINK ABOUT TYSON PUNCHING HIM.

BUT YEA, LOGIC WOULDNT WORK HERE.....

In all seriousness...you really think either of these photos would end successfully for Lee in a street fight?

Yall stay missing the point. Lee wouldn't have to kick Tyson like that because Tyson is not that tall.

The point was showing Lees kicking range vs Tyson punching range in response to the dude that said Lee would have to get close to Tyson in order to kick him...

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5
    Mike is 0-3 vs elite competition... (Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield x 2)

If he was such a good technical boxer how did he lose those 3 fights later on when your physical skills have diminished and all you have left is technique?...Word to Kevin Rooney, you can actually see the change in style from technique to no technique from like '88-'89 onwards...

Also let's not forgot that Tyson benefited by having the prime of his career during an era when there was no other elite Heavyweights, 38 YRS OLD Larry Holmes & Michael Spinks was more of a light heavyweight...

The best wins he has on his record are Razor Ruddock and Frank Bruno...
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5

THATS KAREEM ABUL JABBAR WHOS 86 INCHES TALL. TYSONS ENTIRE WING SPAN WAS ONLY 72 INCHES. HIS ACTUAL ARM LENGTH WAS PROLLY A 3RD OF THAT.

LEE COULD KICK TYSON FROM A FAR GREATER DISTANCE BEFORE HE WOULD EVEN HAVE TO THINK ABOUT TYSON PUNCHING HIM.

So a planned photo from a movie staged fight means what exactly? I already pointed out that Lee was a movie star/urban legend and you're proving my point for me.

Where's the footage of Lee in a real life fight? Because Tyson's whole professional career is on video.

alright Ill put on the cape again

Lee created Jeet Kun do, a Mixed Martial Art

oke he was good at the chachacha and ? but still, he was a streetfighter and trained masters of other discipline(kenpo,judo,kickboxing etc) he was constantly perfecting his style

a man with streetfighting exp that spend his life long training...

he wasnt on that jet li Camera wingchun ? , he was the real deal
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyson 5 of 5
    achewon87 wrote: »

If he was such a good technical boxer how did he lose those 3 fights later on when your physical skills have diminished and all you have left is technique?...Word to Kevin Rooney, you can actually see the change in style from technique to no technique from like '88-'89 onwards...

Also let's not forgot that Tyson benefited by having the prime of his career during an era when there was no other elite Heavyweights, 38 YRS OLD Larry Holmes & Michael Spinks was more of a light heavyweight...

You're changing the subject. This is Tyson vs. Lee, not a thread asking, "is Tyson the GOAT (heavyweight) boxer?"

What you're saying is irrelevant for someone with my stance, because I believe damn near every HOF heavyweight boxer could take out Lee.
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Lee 4 of 5

So a planned photo from a movie staged fight means what exactly? I already pointed out that Lee was a movie star/urban legend and you're proving my point for me.

Where's the footage of Lee in a real life fight? Because Tyson's whole professional career is on video.

So, you just looked at the Pictures and didn't read the explanation on why the pictures were posted?

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyson 5 of 5
    Alkinduz wrote: »

oke he was good at the chachacha and ? but still, he was a streetfighter and trained masters of other discipline(kenpo,judo,kickboxing etc) he was constantly perfecting his style

Where the fights at though?

I seen ? live in the gym playing ball. Great practice players. Could perform all the moves

Soon as it was game time ? didn't work out.
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Lee 4 of 5

Bruh you know how people get when it comes to urban legends. Bruce Lee might as well be Superman.

This is Logic???

35lzp92.jpg

2la65qs.png

In all seriousness...you really think either of these photos would end successfully for Lee in a street fight?

Yall stay missing the point. Lee wouldn't have to kick Tyson like that because Tyson is not that tall.

The point was showing Lees kicking range vs Tyson punching range in response to the dude that said Lee would have to get close to Tyson in order to kick him...

Tyson was solid man...I really don't see kicks working that great on him tbh...he grabs Lee's leg once and it's a ? wrap for Lee.

Oh ? my bad...I forgot Tyson was an Mixed Martial Artist.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5
    achewon87 wrote: »

You're changing the subject. This is Tyson vs. Lee, not a thread asking, "is Tyson the GOAT (heavyweight) boxer?"

What you're saying is irrelevant for someone with my stance, because I believe damn near every HOF heavyweight boxer could take out Lee.

/\/\/\/\/\

"The can't refute the facts so I will try misdirection and reiterating my opinion again" post always refreshing to see...

And now the stance changes from Mike is 1 of the best technical boxer to do it, to every HOF could take out Lee...

Who is not on topic?
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5

This is Logic???

35lzp92.jpg

2la65qs.png

Tyson was solid man...I really don't see kicks working that great on him tbh...he grabs Lee's leg once and it's a ? wrap for Lee.

dont matter how solid you are, nasty kick on your knee caps and its a done deal
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee 3 of 5
    Iv seen a bruce lee fight. He hadnt a conventional guard. He was automticly conterattacking while dodging strikes. Plus he knew precisely where to hit in order to destroy his oponent.

That being said Iron mike is solid and more powerfull.

It will look like Balrog vs Fei Long.

Thr latter betta not be cornered.7
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyson 5 of 5

I seen ? live in the gym playing ball. Great practice players. Could perform all the moves

the man died in the early seventies bro, there was no mma etc back than.

there ain't no youtube vids from Hannibal or Achilles either

Since there's no proof he's the Goat?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike ain't doing ? after Bruce round house kick his knee cap out of place.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5

the man died in the early seventies bro, there was no mma etc back than.

there ain't no youtube vids from Hannibal or Achilles either

Since there's no proof he's the Goat?

there is proof that Bruce had his own street gang in hong kong and that he got in so many street fights he eventually had to leave HK

he was from a country notorious for fights to the death lol

+ all the before mentioned jeet kun do mma stuff

im not saying he was the greatest of all Time or even last century, but 500 years from now people will still know him as One of the goats worldwide
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Too Close to call
    Bruce Lee got murdered cause he was teaching his art to Americans. Ninja style
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Lee 4 of 5
    Considering that Lee would do foot sweeps and ? Tyson by going for those pressure points bare handed... Lee 4 outta 5... I can see Tyson landing a lucky punch that could daze or k/o Lee. Lee would knock away too many lounges with swift return for Tyson to be able to handle. He would be more vulnerable going on the offensive being that Lee is a defensive martial artist.

Martial Arts defensive tactics >>> Boxing defense
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5
    Tyson use to fighting other boxers...he not use to the style of fighter that bruce lee is.Lee a ? around and kick mike in the nuts or something.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty much a MMA vs Boxing Thread. I say Mike only cause of the size different and not because of fighting skills. IF Tyson and Bruce were same size it be Bruce easily. IMO I take MMA skilled fighter over a boxer most of the time.

If the boxer doesn't connect with his punches and has no defense for a take down and has no clue how to get out of a take down its a wrap.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lee 3 of 5
    Mike has to LAND A PUNCH 1st even tho he quicc but not as quicc as Bruce. Don't trip off that size ? . Bushwicc Bill told ya'll ? " Size aint ? "
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Bruce Lee's frame was pure muscle nh... the ? attached batteries with electrical current flowing thru wires to himself to strengthen his abs and other muscle groups. He's was on a whole other level when it came to training.
    Which movie was that where he fought like 30 people at the same damn time.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Lee 5 of 5
    Watching the ipman got me thinking there is not a boxer out who can beat a technically sound martial arts fighter.