Master P Says He Sold 75 Million Albums On No Limit Records

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I call bs on 75 mil sold perhaps shipped.. Soundscan can verify how many albums he sold.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    With ALL these numbers rounded up ... and if hypothetically every single person on the label sold 500k (when most didn't even sell 250k) .. still under 50 million total. A more realistic number would be 35 million-ish.

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    Smilk Da Shocker - 3 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k
    EA-Ski - 500k
    West Coast Bad Boyz - 500k
    Sonya C - 500k
    Lil Ric - 500k
    Dangerous Dame - 500k
    Tre-8 - 500k
    Skull Duggery - 500k
    Steady Mobb'n - 500k
    Kane & Abel - 500k
    Mr. Serv-On - 500k
    Sons of Funk - 500k
    Mac - 500k
    Big Ed - 500k
    Magic - 500k
    Gambino Family - 500k
    Ghetto Commission - 500k
    Prime Suspects - 500k
    Mo B. ? - 500k
    Lil Soldiers - 500k
    Mercedes - 500k
    Lil Italy - 500k
    Mr. Marcelo - 500k
    Krazy - 500k
    Choppa - 500k

I Got the Hook Up (soundtrack) - 1 million
    Mean Green the album - 500k
    We Can't Be Stopped (No Limit Records album) - 500k

That's not even the entire catalog of sales.. you forgot single sales, Silkk had a few albums, I'm bout it soundtrack, all p albums surpass 10 mil, silkk sold more than that overall, TRU too, West coast bad Boyz 2, down south hustlers 1&2.. this list missing a lot of stuff.
    Lol na those numbers are generous as ? . Those are artist totals too, not single album totals. West Coast Bad Boyz 2 is included in that number. And how many singles do you really think ? in No Limit sold? 30 million? Lol more like 5 or 6. Other than Master P, barely any of their singles even made the charts. But hey, 100 albums and 30something mill sold that ain't shabby.

Folk you sound like you were 8 when P and them had the game on lock..one reason is you're using Internet polls (guessed) by somebody lol..smh...folk you can try and dismantle the dude hustle as much as you can but if you wasn't around 13 or 14 to understand what took place in 96-99, you just doing like what everybody is doing...pulling down internet estimates...P didn't post up numbers at times...

How many singles did "I always feel like somebody watching me sold", you only getting singles off of Ghetto Dope, you don't even have the number "ice cream man" singles sold..or "Is there a heaven for a gangsta" and that sold was big...folk you prolly couldn't even listen to rap music back then lol...

Those who 'could' listen to rap music and were knowledgeable of how those years were when P took over know 75 million sold wasn't a far fetch reach for P

Dude what about "bounce that ass" single...hell how many did the single "I"m bout it" sale? lol....you do know it was 2 versions... Swamp ? ,

These are singles that ppl bout outta the store when they didn't buy albums...

Dude said his singles didn't chart...again you are taking how ? is today and trying to fit it in how it may have been in 96-99, you are so off... that's why I always read folks post and can tell who live in that era, or who just type in the album on youtube and make comments on it lol..not understanding how big that album was when it came out...

You prolly don't even know about singles being sold for 3.99 and having two version (clean/? side) with the instrumental
    All you doing is guessing. Just cause a song is big on Rap City and in the streets doesn't mean it sold units. You sound hurt. Shouldn't you be filming a new ICDC commercial, Percy??

Folk it was on the radio more so than any other P's single...nationwide..even MTV started playing it more so..other than Make them say ugh that song was a cross-over lol....stop it folk..you was 6 when in 96-99, you have no knowledge lol..
    I dunno what exactly you're talkin about but aight *shrug* ... You in 2014 still tryna make No Limit happen. It's aight, fam. Turn the clock on your PC back to 1997, have a good cry, and then join us back here in the real world.

ok folk.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With ALL these numbers rounded up ... and if hypothetically every single person on the label sold 500k (when most didn't even sell 250k) .. still under 50 million total. A more realistic number would be 35 million-ish.

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k
    EA-Ski - 500k
    Sonya C - 500k
    Lil Ric - 500k
    Dangerous Dame - 500k
    Tre-8 - 500k
    Skull Duggery - 500k
    Steady Mobb'n - 500k
    Kane & Abel - 500k
    Mr. Serv-On - 500k
    Sons of Funk - 500k
    Mac - 500k
    Big Ed - 500k
    Magic - 500k
    Gambino Family - 500k
    Ghetto Commission - 500k
    Prime Suspects - 500k
    Mo B. ? - 500k
    Lil Soldiers - 500k
    Mercedes - 500k
    Lil Italy - 500k
    Mr. Marcelo - 500k
    Krazy - 500k
    Choppa - 500k

That's not even the entire catalog of sales.. you forgot single sales, Silkk had a few albums, I'm bout it soundtrack, all p albums surpass 10 mil, silkk sold more than that overall, TRU too, West coast bad Boyz 2, down south hustlers 1&2.. this list missing a lot of stuff.
    Lol na those numbers are generous as ? . Those are artist totals too, not single album totals. West Coast Bad Boyz 2 is included in that number. And how many singles do you really think ? in No Limit sold? 30 million? Lol more like 5 or 6. Other than Master P, barely any of their singles even made the charts. But hey, 100 albums and 30something mill sold that ain't shabby.

Folk you sound like you were 8 when P and them had the game on lock..one reason is you're using Internet polls (guessed) by somebody lol..smh...folk you can try and dismantle the dude hustle as much as you can but if you wasn't around 13 or 14 to understand what took place in 96-99, you just doing like what everybody is doing...pulling down internet estimates...P didn't post up numbers at times...

How many singles did "I always feel like somebody watching me sold", you only getting singles off of Ghetto Dope, you don't even have the number "ice cream man" singles sold..or "Is there a heaven for a gangsta" and that sold was big...folk you prolly couldn't even listen to rap music back then lol...

Those who 'could' listen to rap music and were knowledgeable of how those years were when P took over know 75 million sold wasn't a far fetch reach for P

Dude what about "bounce that ass" single...hell how many did the single "I"m bout it" sale? lol....you do know it was 2 versions... Swamp ? ,

Dude said his singles didn't chart...again you are taking how ? is today and trying to fit it in how it may have been in 96-99, you are so off... that's why I always read folks post and can tell who live in that era, or who just type in the album on youtube and make comments on it lol..not understanding how big that album was when it came out...

You prolly don't even know about singles being sold for 3.99 and having two version (clean/? side) with the instrumental
    All you doing is guessing. Just cause a song is big on Rap City and in the streets doesn't mean it sold units. You sound hurt. Shouldn't you be filming a new ICDC commercial, Percy??

U do know in 1996-1999 ppl went to the store and had to buy the album...You couldn't copy a whole album folk lol..stop using (today's) logic and thinking it was the way back then...

if it was bump'd in the streets, the ? pushed units...so I guess Itunes and getting it off the internet was around then huh lol...folk stop it...you think you could have went on the internet and dl the album huh lol..

smh...bruh understand how stuff was when it was out instead of just assuming off youtube comments

You ever hear of dubbing? Basically most portable stereo cd players at the time could indeed record on portable cassettes (still a very viable medium back then) while the CD was playing.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P sold 75MIllion? Word?

half his albums did chart. If anything he probably sold 10-15Million IF THAT

damn_zps22c2e7e7.png
    damn1_zps71d59451.png
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

_Menace_ wrote: »
    Master P sold 75MIllion? Word?

half his albums did chart. If anything he probably sold 10-15Million IF THAT

damn_zps22c2e7e7.png
    damn1_zps71d59451.png

I agree that most of them probably sold 100K at best, but there's a lot more than the ones you listed. I can't name them all, I doubt if anybody could, but at one point he was dropping a cd per week for a good year.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    ^ Pretty much. I made a list where every single artist on that label - that either I can't find how much they sold, they never had an album certified, or sold so little that nobody knows - hypothetically sold a minimum of 500,000 ... the total came out to a bit under 50 million and ? still acting like I hid the other 25 million somewhere. LOL
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think ppl forget that no limit sold a lot of cd singles too , I got the hookup single went platinum

make em say uggh single is platinum
  • Knock_Twice
    Options

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k
    EA-Ski - 500k
    Sonya C - 500k
    Lil Ric - 500k
    Dangerous Dame - 500k
    Tre-8 - 500k
    Skull Duggery - 500k
    Steady Mobb'n - 500k
    Kane & Abel - 500k
    Mr. Serv-On - 500k
    Sons of Funk - 500k
    Mac - 500k
    Big Ed - 500k
    Magic - 500k
    Gambino Family - 500k
    Ghetto Commission - 500k
    Prime Suspects - 500k
    Mo B. ? - 500k
    Lil Soldiers - 500k
    Mercedes - 500k
    Lil Italy - 500k
    Mr. Marcelo - 500k
    Krazy - 500k
    Choppa - 500k

U do know in 1996-1999 ppl went to the store and had to buy the album...You couldn't copy a whole album folk lol..stop using (today's) logic and thinking it was the way back then...

if it was bump'd in the streets, the ? pushed units...so I guess Itunes and getting it off the internet was around then huh lol...folk stop it...you think you could have went on the internet and dl the album huh lol..

smh...bruh understand how stuff was when it was out instead of just assuming off youtube comments

You ever hear of dubbing? Basically most portable stereo cd players at the time could indeed record on portable cassettes (still a very viable medium back then) while the CD was playing.

Heard of it, but it was rare to dub 'whole' albums...22 songs was alot of songs to dub folk and everybody didn't have dubbing stereos and cd players...remember cds were new and everybody wasn't rocking cd players in cars and stuff too...
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Sometimes a cassette single was $0.99 so people bought those.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    emanuel08 wrote: »
    I think ppl forget that no limit sold a lot of cd singles too , I got the hookup single went platinum

So it would be albums and singles included in that 75 mil is what you're saying. That's believable also. Like I said earlier in this post I bought both albums and singles.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ^ Pretty much. I made a list where every single artist on that label - that either I can't find how much they sold, they never had an album certified, or sold so little that nobody knows - hypothetically sold a minimum of 500,000 ... the total came out to a bit under 50 million and ? still acting like I hid the other 25 million somewhere. LOL

Dude you hiding singles....you do know those are records too
  • KillaCham
    Options

Make eM Say Ugh the best selling No Limit single and its only Platinum. What is there to hide?
  • Knock_Twice
    edited February 2014
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

So it would be albums and singles included in that 75 mil is what you're saying. That's believable also. Like I said earlier in this post I bought both albums and singles.

That's what I think too..again you have to understand how singles were thought of in 96, a dude could make a album and that single he had off that album can sale more than that album..could go 5 to 6x platinum...(one hit wonders) is what I call them...not saying P did that, but that's what I mean how singles were looked at

Heaven for a Gangsta
    I'm bout it
    I always feel like
    Ice Cream Man
    The Shocker
    Gangstfied

Those singles right there sold around 10-15 million there alone...

and I didn't even factor in Make'em say ugh and "it aint my fault" lol I know that hit 3 to 4 million mark or more
  • Knock_Twice
    edited February 2014
    Options

Make eM Say Ugh the best selling No Limit single and its only Platinum. What is there to hide?

How many singles you have sold on "I'm bout it" ??? and "Ice Cream Man" and "it aint my fault" and "I always feel like watching me" lol..dude stop..I told you folk you pulling stats that somebody made up on P or estimated...

so big as I'm bout it single, that didn't reach platinum status is what you're telling me Lol..
  • KillaCham
    edited February 2014
    Options

Heaven for a Gangsta
    I'm bout it
    I always feel like
    Ice Cream Man
    The Shocker
    Gangstfied

and I didn't even factor in Make'em say ugh and "it aint my fault" lol I know that hit 3 to 4 million mark or more
    11jx0ky.gif
  • 5 Grand
    Options

That's what I think too..again you have to understand how singles were thought of in 96, a dude could make a album and that single he had off that album can sale more than that album..could go 5 to 6x platinum...(one hit wonders) is what I call them...not saying P did that, but that's what I mean how singles were looked at

Heaven for a Gangsta
    I'm bout it
    I always feel like
    Ice Cream Man
    The Shocker
    Gangstfied

I'm not sure if they sold 10-15 million in the United States alone, but if you're telling me those singles sold 10-15 million worldwide I'd believe it.
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

nah I don't care if he sold 75 mill or not lol. but I know no limit sold a lot of singles , albums

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ? battling over this ?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k
    EA-Ski - 500k
    Sonya C - 500k
    Lil Ric - 500k
    Dangerous Dame - 500k
    Tre-8 - 500k
    Skull Duggery - 500k
    Steady Mobb'n - 500k
    Kane & Abel - 500k
    Mr. Serv-On - 500k
    Sons of Funk - 500k
    Mac - 500k
    Big Ed - 500k
    Magic - 500k
    Gambino Family - 500k
    Ghetto Commission - 500k
    Prime Suspects - 500k
    Mo B. ? - 500k
    Lil Soldiers - 500k
    Mercedes - 500k
    Lil Italy - 500k
    Mr. Marcelo - 500k
    Krazy - 500k
    Choppa - 500k

I'm pretty Sure those are the Domestic Numbers in the US Alone...WorldWide Sales count too..
    Yeah those are US number but honestly No Limit Records has most likely sold less than 3 million total internationally. Albums generally don't sell that much outside of the US, especially rap. I don't know a single album or single that charted anywhere outside of the US.

Singles.
    o04iti.png

Where you gettin your numbers from ....a simple google search says that make em say uhh sold 3x platinum
  • KillaCham
    Options

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k
    EA-Ski - 500k
    Sonya C - 500k
    Lil Ric - 500k
    Dangerous Dame - 500k
    Tre-8 - 500k
    Skull Duggery - 500k
    Steady Mobb'n - 500k
    Kane & Abel - 500k
    Mr. Serv-On - 500k
    Sons of Funk - 500k
    Mac - 500k
    Big Ed - 500k
    Magic - 500k
    Gambino Family - 500k
    Ghetto Commission - 500k
    Prime Suspects - 500k
    Mo B. ? - 500k
    Lil Soldiers - 500k
    Mercedes - 500k
    Lil Italy - 500k
    Mr. Marcelo - 500k
    Krazy - 500k
    Choppa - 500k

I'm pretty Sure those are the Domestic Numbers in the US Alone...WorldWide Sales count too..
    Yeah those are US number but honestly No Limit Records has most likely sold less than 3 million total internationally. Albums generally don't sell that much outside of the US, especially rap. I don't know a single album or single that charted anywhere outside of the US.

Singles.
    o04iti.png

Where you gettin your numbers from ....a simple google search says that make em say uhh sold 3x platinum
    That screenshot is of The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said I WANNA SEE THE RECEIPTS !

Show me a legit source with Numbers over 30mill at least.

No hate on Ps hustle but 75million people weren't ? with his music
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    numbers dont lie

2ewdy79.jpg

14298a1.jpg

I cant figure how to post pics so ? it just click the links but the man had 15(some multi platinum) albums alone by himself...according to riaa, nevermind his singles and gold ? . please stop the hate.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k
    EA-Ski - 500k
    Sonya C - 500k
    Lil Ric - 500k
    Dangerous Dame - 500k
    Tre-8 - 500k
    Skull Duggery - 500k
    Steady Mobb'n - 500k
    Kane & Abel - 500k
    Mr. Serv-On - 500k
    Sons of Funk - 500k
    Mac - 500k
    Big Ed - 500k
    Magic - 500k
    Gambino Family - 500k
    Ghetto Commission - 500k
    Prime Suspects - 500k
    Mo B. ? - 500k
    Lil Soldiers - 500k
    Mercedes - 500k
    Lil Italy - 500k
    Mr. Marcelo - 500k
    Krazy - 500k
    Choppa - 500k

dont kno where u got dis from but Mystikal sold more then 2.5 mil records
  • KillaCham
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k