Master P Says He Sold 75 Million Albums On No Limit Records

Options

Comments

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...that down south Master P bout it, bout it ?
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    With ALL these numbers rounded up ... and if hypothetically every single person on the label sold 500k (when most didn't even sell 250k) .. still under 50 million total. A more realistic number would be 35 million-ish.

Master P - 10 million
    Snoop Dogg - 5 million
    Smilk Da Shocker - 3 million
    TRU - 3 million
    C-Murder - 2.5 million
    Mystikal - 2.5 million
    Mia X - 1 million
    Young Bleed - 1 million
    Soulja Slim - 1 million
    504 Boyz - 1 million
    Lil Romeo - 1 million
    Fiend - 750k
    EA-Ski - 500k
    West Coast Bad Boyz - 500k
    Sonya C - 500k
    Lil Ric - 500k
    Dangerous Dame - 500k
    Tre-8 - 500k
    Skull Duggery - 500k
    Steady Mobb'n - 500k
    Kane & Abel - 500k
    Mr. Serv-On - 500k
    Sons of Funk - 500k
    Mac - 500k
    Big Ed - 500k
    Magic - 500k
    Gambino Family - 500k
    Ghetto Commission - 500k
    Prime Suspects - 500k
    Mo B. ? - 500k
    Lil Soldiers - 500k
    Mercedes - 500k
    Lil Italy - 500k
    Mr. Marcelo - 500k
    Krazy - 500k
    Choppa - 500k

I Got the Hook Up (soundtrack) - 1 million
    Mean Green the album - 500k
    We Can't Be Stopped (No Limit Records album) - 500k

Where's he "I'm Bout It" soundtrack? That sold a lot of units when it came out.

And other than allegedly paying mom & pop stores to scan No Limit albums twice, P would also buy his own albums too.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you old ? are delusional.

@cain
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big ed went plat mac went plat serv on went plat that list us inaccurate there were 2 tru cds and one was a double disc put every single no limit album soundtrack and single on there
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Like I said I WANNA SEE THE RECEIPTS !

Show me a legit source with Numbers over 30mill at least.

No hate on Ps hustle but 75million people weren't ? with his music

who are you ? clowns and where do you come from
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Like I said I WANNA SEE THE RECEIPTS !

Show me a legit source with Numbers over 30mill at least.

No hate on Ps hustle but 75million people weren't ? with his music

who are you ? clowns and where do you come from

i believe Menace is from Cali
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i swear i remember laughing at the fact that cain and abel went plat so some of killa cham's ? is wrong as hell. this dude said no limit probably sold 2 or 3 million outside the u.s.

you cant be serious. the UK, France, JAPAN ....... just 1 master P album covers that 3 million. what about snoop dogg, silk the shocker, and mystical???

dont get it twisted, there is some reaching going on in this thread. you gotta think master P did have a helluva run during that time but there were others doing things too. mase was crazy, jay z had hard knock life out, dre came out with the second chronic during this time and eminems first album, not to mention lauryn hill and the fugees

yall are basically saying master p sold nearly 20 million units (singles/albums) a year for 3 or 4 years. that is michael jackson numbers fam.

thriller sold like 22 million during its original release period. im sorry but master P has never had a thiller type year, even with all the cd's he was releasing. and by selling singles you'd make less money. no way he wouldnt have limited the amount of singles he pressed up in favor of having to buy the full album to get the song. top shelf cd's back then were like $15-$17. those singles were just to hold ppl over until the albums were ready to roll out. thats why you hear ppl in this thread saying the single was sold out.

the fact that he's counting singles and albums and including international sales makes it more believable. but you have to remember most rap album/single sales are made in white america. so the numbers you see on riaa etc are pretty accurate. those young white girls were buying no limit and fugees on the same trip to the mall. its not like they were checking for the underling artists unless those artist had a hit song. which the majority didnt.

again thriller did 22 million in the us alone. that number wont be topped by any other album or any label releasing albums in a years time. so imagine if you count michael's international numbers too!!

im not sure about 75 million for no limit in 3 or 4 years. i have to think about that.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    i swear i remember laughing at the fact that cain and abel went plat so some of killa cham's ? is wrong as hell. this dude said no limit probably sold 2 or 3 million outside the u.s.

you cant be serious. the UK, France, JAPAN ....... just 1 master P album covers that 3 million. what about snoop dogg, silk the shocker, and mystical???

dont get it twisted, there is some reaching going on in this thread. you gotta think master P did have a helluva run during that time but there were others doing things too mase was crazy, jay z had hard knock life out, etc dre cam out with the second chronic during this time and eminems first album, not to mention lauryn hill and the fugees

yall are basically saying master p sold nearly 20 million units (singles/albums) a year for 3 or 4 years. that is michael jackson numbers fam.

thriller sold like 22 million during its original release period. im sorry but master P has never had a thiller type year, even with all the cd's he was releasing. and by selling singles you'd make less money. no way he wouldnt have limited the amount of singles he pressed up in favor of having to buy the full album to get the song. top shelf cd's back then were like $15-$17. those singles were just to hold ppl over until the albums were ready to roll out. thats why you hear ppl in this thread saying the single was sold out.

the fact that he's counting singles and albums and including international sales makes it more believable. but you have to remember most rap album/single sales are made in white america. so the numbers you see on riaa etc are pretty accurate. those young white girls were buying no limit and fugees on the same trip to the mall. its not like they were checking for the underling artists unless those artist had a hit song. which the majority didnt.

again thriller did 22 million in the us alone. that number wont be topped by any other album or any label releasing albums in a years time. so imagine if you count michael's international numbers too!!

im not sure about 75 million for no limit in 3 or 4 years. i have to think about that.
    Stop acting like y'all know ? about international sales. 1 album selling 3 million outside of the US is A ? LOT and to think any Master P album did more than 500k outside the US with any album is absurd.

300k is considered Platinum in the UK, that's how small sales are there compared to the US.

Nobody knew who Master P was outside of the US which is why none of his albums or singles are certified Gold or Platinum in any country outside of the states. And I can't find any proof that any of his albums even made any international charts. No Limit was domestic
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all gotta stop putting a year limit on his sells....if you include EVERYTHING including albums sales AND singles sales from the FIRST no limit album to drop to the very last one and you include worldwide sales as well the 75 million isn't that far fetched if for no other reason then the volume of how much music has been released from no limit and the popularity that tank had.....for a comparison birdman has said cash money has sold 150 MILLION records and has sold over 500 MILLION songs so looking at it like that 75 million from a company that has released way more music isn't that unbelievable
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row has sold nearly 150 million albums worldwide, and generated close to $750 million in revenue.[1]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Row_Records

Lol at 90s babies difficulty believing people in the mid to late 90's actually purchased albums and singles regularly.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Death Row has sold nearly 150 million albums worldwide, and generated close to $750 million in revenue.[1]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Row_Records

Lol at 90s babies difficulty believing people in the mid to late 90's actually purchased albums and singles regularly.

I'm saying tho... I remember those days like it was yesterday I'm out here in Cali but wasn't a week that went by when I wasn't checking for the next album with a tank on the back to drop then open em up and mark the days for the new releases that were posted inside the credits book
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great. Another P thread. U ? live in past too much. The 90s over with. Move on.
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I'm sure he did sell 75 million which is great.

No disrespect but it was the beats that carried No Limit. The MCs were average at best.

With the exception of Mystikal, Mac, Fiend, Mia X & Mr. Magic all of them had real talent and could have been signed to other labels

• Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know exactly how many records master p sold but he sold records. I don't think anyone knows exactly how many he sold. Who cares. He did some damage in the game no matter exactly how much he sold.l
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyonce only sold 18mill but they claim she sold over 100million.

they now count singles as records sold.

Katy Perry cant sell an album to save her life but has sold 81million singles
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

dont get it twisted, there is some reaching going on in this thread. you gotta think master P did have a helluva run during that time but there were others doing things too. mase was crazy, jay z had hard knock life out, dre came out with the second chronic during this time and eminems first album, not to mention lauryn hill and the fugees

Lol

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll really arguing if he sold 75 million records or not lol
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Michael Jackson sold 400 million records (some estimates claim he sold 750 million & The Beatles sold a billion) worldwide - 170 million of which could be certified (remember MJ & the Jackson 5 pre-date the RIAA), so the RIAA wasn't even certifying albums until later on. For a period of time the RIAA couldn't even trace cassette sales because they were so massively produced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

If you also look, that list INCLUDES SINGLES, it says Rihanna has sold 150 million albums (114 million of which could be certified) but Rihanna has only sold over 30 million studio albums & Eminem has sold 97.2 million. It also makes mention that certain artists could not be added due to lack of reporting from uncredited sources. So it's highly possible then that cats like Master P hell even Michael Jackson may have sold more albums than reported.
    But Rihanna is a part of the digital age where you can purchase every song on the album individually as if it were a single. She released like 7 albums in the last 9 years and every time she drops another one, you got non-singles that don't get certified but are gonna sell anywhere from 50k to 400k. That's what makes it so much harder to track. That wasn't around at all during No Limit days.

Also, Rihanna is an international artist. A good amount of countries either don't track sales or don't certify singles/albums.... and again, Master P wasn't international at all. So the margin between certified sales and actual sales would not be that much in his case.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Michael Jackson sold 400 million records (some estimates claim he sold 750 million & The Beatles sold a billion) worldwide - 170 million of which could be certified (remember MJ & the Jackson 5 pre-date the RIAA), so the RIAA wasn't even certifying albums until later on. For a period of time the RIAA couldn't even trace cassette sales because they were so massively produced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

If you also look, that list INCLUDES SINGLES, it says Rihanna has sold 150 million albums (114 million of which could be certified) but Rihanna has only sold over 30 million studio albums & Eminem has sold 97.2 million. It also makes mention that certain artists could not be added due to lack of reporting from uncredited sources. So it's highly possible then that cats like Master P hell even Michael Jackson may have sold more albums than reported.

Michael Jackson doesn't pre-date the RIAA, he pre-dates Soundscan which came out in 1991. RIAA counts how many units were shipped to record stores, Soundscan counts how many units were actually scanned at the cash register.
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If No Limit Sold 20+ Million albums worldwide alone in '98..and had already sold Millions before and after '98..Then common sense should tell y'all that 75 Million records is most likely an accurate sum..y'all ? not thinking straight
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? thinking str8 lol..? just don't wanna be wrong or just can't accept the fact that they were too young or not able to listen to rap music to know what was going on lol...

? aint that dumb...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Master P been doing the whole "No Limit 75 million sold" thing for a long ass time now lol. They did for sure sell alot of records though because damn near weekly they had some random artists releasing an album
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im sure soulja slim moved alot of untis fro tha tank too
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    emanuel08 wrote: »
    I think ppl forget that no limit sold a lot of cd singles too , I got the hookup single went platinum

make em say uggh single is platinum

So it would be albums and singles included in that 75 mil is what you're saying. That's believable also. Like I said earlier in this post I bought both albums and singles.

yea

no limit had a lot of singles in stores , I rememeber I had a bunch of nl singles in 97-98