Anybody ever do one of those genographic DNA ancestry tests?

Options
124»

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    why does everything have to be a damn argument?

@swampgod when you start off with:
    i wanna drop some jewels but yall ? ? is still too slave minded, esp yall west indian ?

chances are you're a pompous ? and you need to take a step back and realize you don't know everything.

if you cant handle the language then you soft my ? , aint ? sweet down here, i aint growed up at chuckkee cheese and mcdonalds and all that ? ? ? , aint nobody holdin hands, you get back what you put in, thats 2 ways

i promise you, i know all i need to know to move forth, figure out what yo truth is and keep it movin

that's a very good argument for not being a ? . (pause & nh x 10000)
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why does everything have to be a damn argument?

@swampgod when you start off with:
    i wanna drop some jewels but yall ? ? is still too slave minded, esp yall west indian ?

chances are you're a pompous ? and you need to take a step back and realize you don't know everything.

if you cant handle the language then you soft my ? , aint ? sweet down here, i aint growed up at chuckkee cheese and mcdonalds and all that ? ? ? , aint nobody holdin hands, you get back what you put in, thats 2 ways

i promise you, i know all i need to know to move forth, figure out what yo truth is and keep it movin

that's a very good argument for not being a ? . (pause & nh x 10000)

miss me wit the white boy ? humor cuz, i aint got no problem with you
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    i cant tell if some of you ? is ? or just dumb, but whenever you done wit the table scraps ya white daddy gave ya learn some real african history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF4KCxHWQJM
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? mad extra. ? outta here brah.. ? up threads with your lunacy.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    This ? mad extra. ? outta here brah.. ? up threads with your lunacy.

dumb extra, im wit all that stupid ? , ? you, ya co-signer, and ya thread, ban me ?
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We weren't kidnapped; we were sold/traded.

Human beings can't be sold or traded.

Really? Where's that written at? Because I thought white people sold and traded us amongst each other all the time. You can't just apply your own logic to how the world works. You're a piece of meat just like any other animal and can be legally owned if the law allows it.
  • onthafly
    edited March 2014
    Options

i will say a couple of minor things, 2-pac and morgan freeman results came back as tuareg, how is this possible?

some african americans match with polynesian and south african genetic markers, how is this possible? white daddy say you ? are comprised exclusively from west africans who never left west africa or never mixed with non-west africans, europeans, and a very very small percentage of so called "native americans" who just happened to come from asia, i call em mongoloids

all of you ? didnt come to america on slave ships

There were plenty of free blacks coming over even in Slave times. Many were indentured. This is mostly true in the North. Wasn't no ? walkin around free in the South.

this what im talkin bout bruh, yall start everything out with slavery, we didnt begin with slavery, we went through slavery

free blacks from africa were all over the world before europeans, the spaniards were ruled by africans for 800 years, columbus got his maps to the new world from african moors and when they arrived there all types of blacks already here as documented by them

some of us were already here when the crackers arrived, just like we were in asia, austrailia, the pacific islands, india, all of the islands under those continents as well as the americas before crackers

we are just mixed with west african slaves, some of our ancestors were west african slaves, but some of our ancestors were already here, esp in the south, be able to notice distinctions in your people according to region

all of the credible sources ive read on the subject, its not even up for discussion imo
    Appreciate the knowledge but most of us here don't speak African and the reason it starts with slavery for a lot of us is because that's where African American culture as we know it began. We were cut of from African culture and forced to start over.

Also, your parents have two parents and they all have two parents and that list gets bigger the further back it goes so there's a good chance that somebody in your ancestry came here on a slave ship.
  • onthafly
    Options
    when we think of the term native american we think of mongoloids from siberia, modern day representations of native americans

what about these representations of native americans

these are not free blacks, these are native americans of san diego, the last of the true breed
    MYcjj2K.jpg

lNW6iPL.jpg

now usually when we have old depictions of figures we end up with different white washed versions of the works, not these, multiple versions all black
    nU5A2LH.jpg
    pPGaYE4.jpg
    NrPuFmS.gif

IrFvisi.jpg
    Nw3wkCl.jpg
    kzZ8HqJ.jpg

alot of black people still look like these ? today, minus the natural straight hair they adapted due to being in america for thousands of years
    muUcem2.jpg
    aI5Fhe7.jpg
    0yvIDbz.jpg

2sQj2dk.jpg

natives of california, that woman look like my mama when she was young, the cheekbones and the afro, identical
    gWfrnEN.jpg

NltnQeo.jpg

why they aint put this ? in the history books
    hHrpkQe.jpg

I see a lot of those features in everybody on my wife's side of the family and she's native American. I've got cherokee and black foot in me but I don't know what any of their features look like. I just know everybody on my dad's side of the family has the same chin. I figured most African Americans knowingly or unknowingly had some native American in them.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    when we think of the term native american we think of mongoloids from siberia, modern day representations of native americans

what about these representations of native americans

these are not free blacks, these are native americans of san diego, the last of the true breed
    MYcjj2K.jpg

lNW6iPL.jpg

now usually when we have old depictions of figures we end up with different white washed versions of the works, not these, multiple versions all black
    nU5A2LH.jpg
    pPGaYE4.jpg
    NrPuFmS.gif

IrFvisi.jpg
    Nw3wkCl.jpg
    kzZ8HqJ.jpg

alot of black people still look like these ? today, minus the natural straight hair they adapted due to being in america for thousands of years
    muUcem2.jpg
    aI5Fhe7.jpg
    0yvIDbz.jpg

2sQj2dk.jpg

natives of california, that woman look like my mama when she was young, the cheekbones and the afro, identical
    gWfrnEN.jpg

NltnQeo.jpg

why they aint put this ? in the history books
    hHrpkQe.jpg

I see a lot of those features in everybody on my wife's side of the family and she's native American. I've got cherokee and black foot in me but I don't know what any of their features look like. I just know everybody on my dad's side of the family has the same chin. I figured most African Americans knowingly or unknowingly had some native American in them.

There was a reminant of the Seminole Indians in Florida that identified themselves as Ruebanites, one of the twelve Israelite tribes. They held on to that tradition on secrecy. So called African Americans and native Americans have a hidden connected history. This is why runaway slaves often took refuge with the native Indians in the I wilderness.

On my mothers side my grandfather is from south Carolina. He has Cherokee Indian ancestory. His last name was Littlejohn lol.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would do it, how far back dl they trace the dna? Im originally from morocco but can only go a few centuries back.

my last name existed before the romans did but it has different meanings in different langueges.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall dum dena ?

Yall don't know ?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We weren't kidnapped; we were sold/traded.

Human beings can't be sold or traded.

Really? Where's that written at? Because I thought white people sold and traded us amongst each other all the time. You can't just apply your own logic to how the world works. You're a piece of meat just like any other animal and can be legally owned if the law allows it.

Ok so if a white person tells you he paid for you and now he owns you that means he owns you? Or does he only own you if a whole lotta white people tells you he owns you?

A human being can be kidnapped, tortured and forced to do things against their will - but no matter what the "law allows" the person inflicting that harm doesn't actually own the person they've kidnapped.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited March 2014
    Options

i will say a couple of minor things, 2-pac and morgan freeman results came back as tuareg, how is this possible?

some african americans match with polynesian and south african genetic markers, how is this possible? white daddy say you ? are comprised exclusively from west africans who never left west africa or never mixed with non-west africans, europeans, and a very very small percentage of so called "native americans" who just happened to come from asia, i call em mongoloids

There were plenty of free blacks coming over even in Slave times. Many were indentured. This is mostly true in the North. Wasn't no ? walkin around free in the South.

this what im talkin bout bruh, yall start everything out with slavery, we didnt begin with slavery, we went through slavery

free blacks from africa were all over the world before europeans, the spaniards were ruled by africans for 800 years, columbus got his maps to the new world from african moors and when they arrived there all types of blacks already here as documented by them

some of us were already here when the crackers arrived, just like we were in asia, austrailia, the pacific islands, india, all of the islands under those continents as well as the americas before crackers

we are just mixed with west african slaves, some of our ancestors were west african slaves, but some of our ancestors were already here, esp in the south, be able to notice distinctions in your people according to region

all of the credible sources ive read on the subject, its not even up for discussion imo
    Appreciate the knowledge but most of us here don't speak African and the reason it starts with slavery for a lot of us is because that's where African American culture as we know it began. We were cut of from African culture and forced to start over.

Also, your parents have two parents and they all have two parents and that list gets bigger the further back it goes so there's a good chance that somebody in your ancestry came here on a slave ship.

i traced my fathers father family back to slavery, the patriarch originated in virginia, so i know for a fact one of my ancestors came from a slave ship

my fathers mother family originated from south carolina, all of them were listed as mulattoes but white people listed anything they ? didnt consider west african as mulattoe, you gotta remember these crackers didnt even consider the Irish as white at that time, so they were not necessarily mixed and didnt necessarily come from slave ships, south carolina is where they rounded up native slaves again when you think of the word native get the siberians out of your head, the siberians are the ones who were considered civilized and placed on reservations, the others were slaves between the years of 1493 and 1619 before they went to west africa and had to re-up, thats 100 plus years of slavery without africans, i thought siberians werent adept for the job

they dont teach this in school but there were many black tribes of people in south carolina, not siberian, pre-columbian black people, one of them was called "Redbones", i think one of them was called Maroons, thats in relation to the Moors, one was Yellow somethin like yellow bone, where you think we get that word Redbone from in the first place? why you think we call lightskin chicks Redbones, if they was indians wouldnt that be apart of indian culture today instead of black culture? its our history, thats who we are, its dead in our face that some of our ancestors are indigenous blacks and we dont even know it because we dont know our people, they got all kinds of explanations for the origin of Redbones but ? those theories, we use that term today for a reason, just like we use the term ? today for a reason, its our past

if you read the Washitaw nation link i posted you will see that blacks were living in the southern region of north america or the very northern part of central and south america, you gotta remember some of the south used to be apart of mexico, cali too, mexico still tryna get that land, you gotta remember the original mexican civilization was black, olmecs, some mexican scholars have admitted this themselves Washitaws are recognized by the government as an official tribe pre-columbus, indigenous tribe and we dont even know it, when modern day mexicans pushed olmecs out they moved north, i bet you them creole ? aint really who white daddy say they is either, i aint exceptin none of they white supremacy ass history

the Yamasee indians from south carolina(directly across from africa on the other side of the atlantic, africans been sailin to this ? for thousands of years just like they sailed everywhere else) are called a "multi-ethnic" indian tribe, they were discovered in 1570 by de soto, hold up, i thought white boy said the first african stepped foot in america in the year 1619

the Melungeon people of South Carolina DNA just recently revealed their ancestors were West Africans, Melungeons were discovered in the southeast of america in 1567, i thought white daddy say ? aint make it over until they picked us up in the deepest darkest africa in 1619, they lied and said those people were portugese and runaway slaves, who da ? ran away before 1619?

cut the koolaid out

them crackas prolly aint have no choice but to have slavery in the south because we was already ? here
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

i traced my fathers father family back to slavery, the patriarch originated in virginia, so i know for a fact one of my ancestors came from a slave ship

my fathers mother family originated from south carolina, all of them were listed as mulattoes but white people listed anything they ? didnt consider west african as mulattoe, you gotta remember these crackers didnt even consider the Irish as white at that time, so they were not necessarily mixed and didnt necessarily come from slave ships, south carolina is where they rounded up native slaves again when you think of the word native get the siberians out of your head, the siberians are the ones who were considered civilized and placed on reservations, the others were slaves between the years of 1493 and 1619 before they went to west africa and had to re-up, thats 100 plus years of slavery without africans, i thought siberians werent adept for the job

they dont teach this in school but there were many black tribes of people in south carolina, not siberian, pre-columbian black people, one of them was called "Redbones", i think one of them was called Maroons, thats in relation to the Moors, one was Yellow somethin like yellow bone, where you think we get that word Redbone from in the first place? why you think we call lightskin chicks Redbones, if they was indians wouldnt that be apart of indian culture today instead of black culture? its our history, thats who we are, its dead in our face that some of our ancestors are indigenous blacks and we dont even know it because we dont know our people, they got all kinds of explanations for the origin of Redbones but ? those theories, we use that term today for a reason, just like we use the term ? today for a reason, its our past

if you read the Washitaw nation link i posted you will see that blacks were living in the southern region of north america or the very northern part of central and south america, you gotta remember some of the south used to be apart of mexico, cali too, mexico still tryna get that land, you gotta remember the original mexican civilization was black, olmecs, some mexican scholars have admitted this themselves Washitaws are recognized by the government as an official tribe pre-columbus, indigenous tribe and we dont even know it, when modern day mexicans pushed olmecs out they moved north, i bet you them creole ? aint really who white daddy say they is either, i aint exceptin none of they white supremacy ass history

the Yamasee indians from south carolina(directly across from africa on the other side of the atlantic, africans been sailin to this ? for thousands of years just like they sailed everywhere else) are called a "multi-ethnic" indian tribe, they were discovered in 1570 by de soto, hold up, i thought white boy said the first african stepped foot in america in the year 1619

the Melungeon people of South Carolina DNA just recently revealed their ancestors were West Africans, Melungeons were discovered in the southeast of america in 1567, i thought white daddy say ? aint make it over until they picked us up in the deepest darkest africa in 1619, they lied and said those people were portugese and runaway slaves, who da ? ran away before 1619?

cut the koolaid out

them crackas prolly aint have no choice but to have slavery in the south because we was already ? here

ether....

@SWAMPGOD‌

Have you read "lost tribes and promised lands" by Ronald Sanders?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options

cut the koolaid out

ether....

@SWAMPGOD‌

Naw but it sound like some ? i need to look into

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

cut the koolaid out

ether....

@SWAMPGOD‌

Naw but it sound like some ? i need to look into

Its out of print. But you can get a copy online for pretty cheap. Check it out he goies into what your dicussingin here.
  • AdrianGoetz
    AdrianGoetz Members Posts: 1
    Options
    DNA provides the detail information about genes of men and become very helpful to solve lots of criminal cases. Usually there are three DNA testing methods used by experts; however the most common one is called polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The tests are performed by the help of different medical instruments present in the laboratory. The other two methods are Restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) testing and Mitochondrial DNA testing.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    I was thinking about doing this in a couple years.

I don't know much about my family past my grandparents tho so idk how that would work

It works the same - it's a DNA test so you don't really have to know anything unlike a genealogy chart which takes research and time and talking to old people and weird cousins and ? .

I want to get both done ancestry dna test and a genealogy chart.

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yknow instead of looking at embellished (or outright falsified ) records of African presence outside of Africa Pre colonialism, how bout we actually look at the history of West Africans pre Slavery as im sure its rich and interesting?