The Official Rick Ross "Mastermind" Album Thread (3.4.14)

Options

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? ain't official until @gee757 comes back and gives the seal of approval...

*waits
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is the usual for Ross. Dude sticks to his formula faithfully. That's both good and bad.

All his albums seem to be a continuance of the last.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    any lanks to where i can listen to this ? ? i havent supported a rappers career since buying makeveli.
  • Da Homey Six Deuce
    Da Homey Six Deuce Members Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    any lanks to where i can listen to this ? ? i havent supported a rappers career since buying makeveli.

Damn n!gga you are well aware that Suge got locked up...Jodeci are junkies.and Danny Boy is singing in Church again.....right???

You can find the whole album on youtube my nucca....unless..ah nevermind

• EarPlug0128
    EarPlug0128 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    Rich Is Gangsta is such a powerful intro. It's sets the album off perfectly. Black Metaphor lost his mind with that beat.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    France cosigns MASTERMIND by ROZAY.

Good album.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Mafia Music III ws meant for Detox:

Bink! Says “Mafia Music III” Was Meant For "Detox"

Bink!, who also references DJ Khaled in his breakdown, described to XXL how his “Mafia Music III” beat went from a tentative Detox placement to its final form on Mastermind. “Well it's crazy,” Bink!, said, “it started over a year ago; I did the record for Dr. Dre, for Detox. Dr. Dre hired Ross to write his verse for him. So Ross wrote a verse for him and a verse for himself, and then he was supposed to put Rihanna on the hook. But, you know, Dre never revisited the record, and then Ross came back about a month and a half ago and wanted the record for himself. So I had to ask the Good Doctor for clearance. I actually made it WITH Dre; I was in Vegas with Dre working on it at the time. They brought Ross in later.

“Actually, Khaled called me. He was just ranting and raving about Ross' verse—his exact words were, 'Ross caught the Holy Spirit.' He kept saying that Ross had caught the Holy Ghost, 'We gotta have that, we gotta have that.' So I was like, you know, I gotta call up Big Homie and see if he'll let it go, 'cause I knew he was back in Detox mode again. I didn't know if he was gonna hold onto it or not this time around.”

Bink! also reported that he hasn’t heard the latest version of the song. “Dre was basically like, 'Ask him to send you a copy of the record, and if you like it, I'm with you. I'ma let you make the call.' Which is flattering to me, but at the same time that's what Big Homie told me. So I called them, they sent me the record, which they was very nervous about, because of course these days for some reason, when you send a rapper the music, they feel like their lyrics is worth more than the beat, and they don't send the song back.

“I still have yet to hear it," Bink! said. "'Cause when I heard it, it was just Ross and Mavado, but now they added Sizzla to it, so I still haven't heard Sizzla's verse. There's a serious disconnect, to be honest with you, with the music. It's not like it used to be.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.27699/title.mike-will-made-it-scott-storch-bink-describe-production-on-rick-ross-mastermind-
  • S2J
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Im biased bc i like that soulful ross

He went more 'trap' on this. Never had to skip this much on a ross album.

But still got gems.

Mafia music 3 is genius to go the reggae route. Devil is a lie, that ? w/ keith sweat (yes!), rich is gangsta, sanctified doesnt have the usual soul sample scrunch fave kanye feel but still cool.

What did yall disagree w/ on this? Not feelings lol Just curious how everybody looks at the album
  • S2J
    Options
    That Blessing in Disguise...whooo. Nggas wonder why cats ? w/ Ross...for me its b/c he's the continuation of that Roc era sound. He's the only ngga spittin over beats like that consistently.

I can just hear Beans spitin over that w/ Face.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Blessing in Disguise...whooo. Nggas wonder why cats ? w/ Ross...for me its b/c he's the continuation of that Roc era sound. He's the only ngga spittin over beats like that consistently.

I can just hear Beans spitin over that w/ Face.
    Lol I was thinking about that
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    This ? ain't official until @gee757 comes back and gives the seal of approval...

*waits

lol@ u....fam u already know this album is flames this is a step up from gfid even tho gfid was not a bad album mastermind is lookin like 1 of the best albums of the yr so far..
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got the album for free heard that ? and still demanded a refund....get this fat fake ? off the airwaves
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't heard it get but I heard some of that Nobody track. Idk how I feel about that just don't seem right. Probably need to get off my rap high horse. But I feel like some stuff is just untouchable.

Maybe ill warm up to it after a few listens.
  • S2J
    Options
    Young ngga black but he sellin whiiiiiite.

Ngga black but im sellin whiiiiite

ooooh oooooh

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=7cVIBUfIoQtCAM&tbnid=tqAjDuwSP3VHyM&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.tss.uproxx.com%2FTSS%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F09%2Fmouse-money-dance.gif&ei=ZIcXU4fpCsLK0gGVxICYBQ&psig=AFQjCNHLCAZJ3RKhg4SRRC4rLTiGry4oJA&ust=1394137316249144
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rozay projected to enter at #1next week and to do 140-160k . Suprised pharrell isnt going to top that. Good to see hiphop wit back to back #1s
  • S2J
    Options
    ^^^Damn Schoolboy Q outselln Ross??
  • nycdiesel
    Options
    ^^^Damn Schoolboy Q outselln Ross??
    Schoolboy sold close to 140, ross is probably gonna be in that 150range. Both r a success imo either way dude is on his 6th lp who woulda thought
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a good look
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    thats a great look since he doesnt have a successful single and people thought he fell off
  • nycdiesel
    Options
    Hiphop is changing, u dont really need a billboard charting single to sell. U just gotta build that core fanbase to cop your ? regardless of accolades.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    What I loved about this album was you got every era of Ross's career on here. Some songs gave you thart original Port Of Miami feel, some Trilla era, some Deeper than Rap era, some Self Made Vol 1, some mixtape Ross, just a balance of old and current Ross in a sequenced compilation..

If you were never a fan of Ross I dont even get what made you want to listen to this in the first place knowing full well what was coming.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish "What a shame" was a longer song that's my ? right there.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    What I loved about this album was you got every era of Ross's career on here. Some songs gave you thart original Port Of Miami feel, some Trilla era, some Deeper than Rap era, some Self Made Vol 1, some mixtape Ross, just a balance of old and current Ross in a sequenced compilation..

If you were never a fan of Ross I dont even get what made you want to listen to this in the first place knowing full well what was coming.

real talk....& them beats on MM is bangin like its been said a million times ross got a ear 4 beats..
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycdiesel wrote: »
    Hiphop is changing, u dont really need a billboard charting single to sell. U just gotta build that core fanbase to cop your ? regardless of accolades.

Hip hop has been like that. Kudos to Ross for putting concentration on putting out a great ALBUM instead of a few hit singles and a bunch of filler.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options