THE REASON WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THE DECLINE OF THE IC........

Options

Comments

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot ppl on here be trolling most of the time
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No moderation of trolls and a lot of rasist ? in these forums.
    Everybody a black panther on the ic and anybody whose of another ethnicity (my self being being spanish) is just a "culture vulture"
    Been here since 04 maybe 03, the ic is wack now. Said it come at me bros!
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reflection of the music and culture..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    i feel there are a bunch of quality posters here and threads that can turn into great discussions but often they can get derailed by people who really dont want to discuss ? . they just want to say this person is the goat or this album is classic...my fav artist is better than yours and then get mad if u disagree. its corny...we all entitled to our own opinion and for most threads its really no right or wrong answer. its about a poster having the ability to have a decent and healthy (it seems like some of y'all ? phuckas are having fits on the other side on this screen) discussion. ? should try and give reasons for their statements since this is a discussion board. lets really discuss things and respect each others opinions. i think if that were to take place u see a lot more people active in threads and giving their opinions.

i love this place though.

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Also the dickriding has narrowed the quality of alot of discussion. People either dickride to hate or dickride to join the bandwagon but we seem to ignore all the other talent because they have no buzz. I wish we showed more love to the lesser known artists who music n mixtapes go unnoticed or ignored by the masses here.

Hip hop is still great to me if youre not focusing solely on the mainstream.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I agree with the racist ? . Everytime we discuss certain rappers its agenda this agenda that ? n eat a ? .

Lets talk about the music and leave the agendas to the conspiracy section of this board.

Also Im tired of seeing ? posting ? about stuff they hate or dislike.

All youre doing is creating negative energy, post ? about what you like insteas of breeding negativity cuz you think it will give you a platinum thread.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    Also the dickriding has narrowed the quality of alot of discussion. People either dickride to hate or dickride to join the bandwagon but we seem to ignore all the other talent because they have no buzz. I wish we showed more love to the lesser known artists who music n mixtapes go unnoticed or ignored by the masses here.

This comin from the guy who's never been in The Essence lmao
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Prove it. Nevermind. Get off my ? .
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    My point was The Essence is no where as relevant as The Reason. If you think otherwise youre an idiot looking for lols n cosigns.

No one ever gonna make a thread about "How The Essence" fell off cuz its not at level high enough to fall from.

Period.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is no diss to Stew, but I mean who really goes into the Essence foreal? ? i forgot it even existed until just now
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people's musical taste is getting further and further away from mine..
  • Stew
    Options

? u the one who told me that lol
  • Stew
    Options
    This is no diss to Stew, but I mean who really goes into the Essence foreal? ? i forgot it even existed until just now

I know it's dead now just had to throw that in there. The reason it was made is cause the majority of ppl who post in The Reason are only hip to the mainstream and don't bother to venture out. Hence the reason why it mostly never gets any attention when somethin does get posted in here.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited March 2014
    Options
    He used it as some leverage why people thought KL section 80 was the best album back in 2011, as if It compared to the Reason.

The Essence still rocking topics replied to in June 2013 on the front page tho.

Real relevant Stew.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

? u the one who told me that lol

Ok Stew I just clicked on it (like i do almost every other week). Was there. now you need a new argument. Good luck.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I feel like ? have a lack of appreciation for the culture as a whole.
    So with little to no reverence for that, they rely soley on what they're feeling soniclly.
    The basic "Im just here for the music" ? .
    They either ? with it, or they don't, and are never willing to elaborate on why because it's just "I like the way it sounds"
    So in turn, conversation suffers because ? aren't willing to debate. Why is that?
    ? do not want to debate because their choice in Hip-Hop is sometimes counter culture.
    The anti lyrical. The lame stripper music. Ect.
    How is anyone supposed to converse about that ? ? There is no substance to delve into.
    So the result is the ? we see now.
    Constant threads debating the legends of old who possessed lyrical value, or artistic competence replaces threads elaborating new ? .
    ? more content with clicking the feelings button, instead of actually posting something worth reading.
    Lack of balance. Lame statements / opinions thrown around with little to no context. Corny funny guys. Ect.

In that order.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outrageous opinions like Gangsta Boo>Lauren Hill. Stuff like that. It kinda makes you not want to log on to the site anymore, or at least to The Reason.
    Everyone has the right to their opinion but there is a level and a limit to that.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My thing is if you are going to be part of the Jahovas witnesses, Nation of Naslam, Drakes Stan Team 6, Rozays Tabernacle of crab meats or the first church of yeezsus later day stans and etc etc at least come up with points to support your stance. What is wack is dickriders like bcotton who post "didn't read" and or quote other ? instead of coming up with their own reasons why they stand behind a certain rapper.

Its one thing to support a rapper over the top but its another to be such a ? you can't even come up with your own points to defend a rapper you have to spam the ? outta the IC posting pictures of tygas tatoos and waynes kids.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rap fans are fickle, the quality of rap has gone down to the point I barely come in to talk about it.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of troll ? ....
    Cats going way out of their way to talk about ? that they dont like...
    Seems like factions are here just to clash with other factions...underground vs mainstream, region vs region...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Outrageous opinions like Gangsta Boo>Lauren Hill. Stuff like that. It kinda makes you not want to log on to the site anymore, or at least to The Reason.
    Everyone has the right to their opinion but there is a level and a limit to that.

I bet a southerner said that ? . You should be able to prefer one artist over another while still being objective enough to acknowledge that the rapper you prefer isn't better than the other rapper.
This discussion has been closed.