OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Bosh is a good team defender. Watch the effect he had on game 4 of the Finals last year. All over the floor.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll take 26.6, 13.2, 4.1, and 38% 3P% at 25 years old over a 29 year old Bosh who is a "good team defender". But to each his own.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bosh>>>>Love.

Bosh would be a great addition to the Lakers roster.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    How does Melo cost too much? If you mean he's overpaid then yea I agree but that's not going to stop a team from giving him a max deal

If the Lakers get him, they won't have any money left to sign the remaining pieces to the puzzle of winning a championship... like a defensive big man who alters shots or a wing defender. It would have to be something like Tyson and Melo to really make sense.
    And Bosh spice isn't saving the Lakers lol, he ain't leaving Miami either

I'll take Bosh over all of those other guys (Love, Rondo, Kyrie etc.). IMO he's a step in the right direction and he's low-key the best PF in the league right along with LA. We don't need a "superstar" PG with Kobe since their playing styles will clash and Love doesn't even try to play defense.

If that scenario played out the first move would be to resign Gasol, and fill the rest of he roster with veteran role players and young talent, probably keep a lot of the players they have now, I'm not taking Bosh over Love but I don't necessarily disagree that he might be a better fit in the short term, I just find it hard to believe Kobe had Bosh in mind during his message to the fans, I don't think anyone believes Bosh is going to leave Bron, Miami is going to lock him up, Love on the other hand is out of Minnesota and a friend of Kobe's so we'll see

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    And Bosh spice isn't saving the Lakers lol, he ain't leaving Miami either

and Kevin Love ain't saving the celtics. y'all gonna trade for him and be in same situation with him putting up hollow stats and losing unless y'all get a real star to lead him. he is a Robin ala Pau on the Grizzlies

Last I checked he got Minnesota ballin, and hes doing it without another star, they been dealing with injuries and they have a lackluster bench, in the east they would be a playoff team so would they be hollow stats then?
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    132 to the Pelicans really????
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good effort out there tonight we cant keep everyone but there are certainly some cats I wouldnt mind keeping on deck

We got bigger things to play for though
    diaper dandies..ya heard
  • northside7
    Options

Why are you surprised? As long as that fool pringles is coaching the team the lakers will continue to average giving up well over a hundred points a game.

Its about 101 to 108 in terms of points scored and points given up. That ? is terrible.
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Why are you surprised? As long as that fool pringles is coaching the team the lakers will continue to average giving up well over a hundred points a game.

Its about 101 to 108 in terms of points scored and points given up. That ? is terrible.

True
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a layup up drill out there. They should just play some zone it won't hurt it's not like we are guarding out man anyway.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    What are the odds that Jimmy brings Mike D back for another year?
  • northside7
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    What are the odds that Jimmy brings Mike D back for another year?

That's a sick joke. 50/50 probably. If he brings him back, he truly doesn't know what he's doing.

Your dad was a winner as a owner, he only wanted the best. How the ? has none of that brushed off on you? smh
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    I think he will...D'Antoni will get at least the start of another year based off the injuries that have plagued the Lakers this season.

More concerning to me is the fact Steve Nash wants to return smfh...he needs to hang it up.

Once the injury plague hit my first thought was, "Damn, this is going to lead to D'Antoni getting another chance." I hope we're wrong.

Steve is letting his pride get in the way of common sense. He's done and everyone seems to know it but him.

• mdot
    Options
    Mike is coming back and it's kind of disturbing to think about. But I doubt we get a big name this offseason and with that management won't want to pay a coach to sit on his ass.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we fast forward to pre-season

This movie sucks
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    This is some disrespectful isht
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care how much cap space the lakers have. Ain't nobody signing up to play for this ? guy. 50 ? points!
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    Do Jim Buss care I damn sho can't tell
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jonah 2.0
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If this doesn't get a coach fired I don't know what will. No matter what, these are pros and to have a team get disrespected like this on their home court is unacceptable.
  • northside7
    Options
    D'antoni needs to just give it up. ? is just terrible.

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soooo should i just put the lock on this? lol
  • mdot
    Options
    Agree with everyone. I know we got some scrubs on this team and injuries and blah blah blah.

The fact is D'Antoni is a ? coach stubborn and struggles to adapt because of his system. Defense is a joke have some damn pride make an effort to stop someone foul the ? out of someone.

This ? is embarrassing. And this clown will probably get to coach again next year.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Max Kellerman always says, the freaking coach does not deserve the D in his name. Sad thing is, Antoni will most likely get another year... smh
This discussion has been closed.