THE REASON WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THE DECLINE OF THE IC........

Options

Comments

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    And some of you ? threads be straight up boring don't even start a debate this forum is about debating meaning some of us won't agree with each others people who threads i find interesting Buttuh Tommy Riddle Bcot Shady they make thread that I feel i have to check some posters threads I've never been in cause I know they're the real "Trolls"

Real talk goes back to my original point about lack of diversity in the reason for the most part people like rappidy rappers on the IC nothing wrong with liking that style if u do find it appealing but it gets boring wen people have no diversity

Artistic rap artists who can sing, do more than rap, deeper rappers, rappers that are more musical get no love on the IC for example

And people on the IC make it seem like u have to like Nas or Royce just because they like them or like the style of rap they make.

People listen to rap for different reasons people like me listen to it for the message, depth, emotion being able to relate to the music and the music helping u get through hardships and personal struggles. Listen to it for the song writting basically.

While most on the IC listen to rap for the technicality, how much words a rapper can rhyme for the sake of it, simple boom bap beats, flow, punchlines. But people have to realize not everyone likes that style of rap or the rappers most on the IC love and praise
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Was here in 2002.. how many of you posters were here when Gunit had its own forum and it was just as if not as big as The Reason.. why cause every, troll/hate/dickriding thread was about 50 or Gunit.

Debating with feelings and not logic/common sense or facts.. ie when I ? on Battle Rap, full of feelings and not one legit rebuttal.

Saying ? like Kanye West has 5 classics.. that to me says your stating he is the Greastest MC/Rapper of all time.

Realistically with no bias you have maybe 20-30 classics in the history of hiphop so Kanye got 5 of those??

That Eminem can sing or is a good producer aka allowing Guntown to say the same ? every thread.

These are hiphop issues but are reflected in the reason:

Being viewed as a lyricist especially if he or she are underground/independent are dismissed as rapping ass rappers. But the same posters will go ape ? over the Control Verse or Drake 5 am in Toronto cause its "lyrical" hypocrisy and double standard at its finest.

Can you imagine Juice Crew or Rakim being dismissed as rapping ass ? cause they focused on the rhymes and gave a ? about a hook or beat.

Flow/hooks over content/technical proficiency.

There more MC's than just Jay, Nas, Em, Kanye, Kendrick, Ross, Wayne and Drake.

REAL
  • GunTown
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    @guntown you're lying your ass off lmaooooo.

JayZ highest concert sales comes from oversees same for Nas so somebody over there is playing their ? .

Just keep it real and say you don't like them ? and ? with your agenda about nobody play their ? lol

I said in the hood tho people that go to concerts are from the suburbs if people from the hood don't even buy CDs legally wat makes u think they will pay for a ticket for a concert

I'm not denying Jay Z is popular i have my reasons as to why i think he is i won't repeat that again but it's no secret why i think he sells that's just my opinion but as far as any hood i've ever been in my city i never seen him being bumped in the car or on someones I-Pod or phone
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Outrageous opinions like Gangsta Boo>Lauren Hill. Stuff like that. It kinda makes you not want to log on to the site anymore, or at least to The Reason.
    Everyone has the right to their opinion but there is a level and a limit to that.

I bet a southerner said that ? . You should be able to prefer one artist over another while still being objective enough to acknowledge that the rapper you prefer isn't better than the other rapper.

? like this......

YUP
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I never seen anyone in MY hood bump Eminem nor do anyone I know actually like him. Does any of that mean anything? No. So quit saying it. Just say you don't ? with Jay and call it a day.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had this chick on ignore since she came back, it's great
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GunTown
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    It's not like i have a reason to lie if i was seeing Nas and Jay Z getting bumped in countless hoods in my city i would shut up and think well i can't say they get no play in the hood because that would be a lie and i front other posters from my city will correct that statement

But i honestly in my life no word of a lie have never seen Nas or Jay Z get played in my life in public. People doubted wen i said Em gets a lotta play in London hoods but even wen i proved it with videos backed that up people still hated because i proved dem wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaGfCN5SSeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtU0bIQ1y0E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye3ZsdVsv4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzjeNdx36ek

I have no reason to lie

see? you can't possibly expect people to treat with a shred of respect when you dont even respect others enough to stay on topic...

displaying the traits that get you banned and UOENO

I think it's relevant as people are falsley calling me a troll when the fact is everything i post is my true sincere opinion and what i really believe

But at the bigger issue at hand i think it comes down to this once people start listening to different music they have a greater appreciation of different styles this will lead to more interesting threads, more debates etc but people have to debate with out catching feelings which is rare on the IC
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    shady's biggest problem is that she thinks she needs to reiterate her points threw out a conversation.... whether any one is talking to her or not.

if you do not address shady, then she will just keep quoting herself until someone gives her the attention she is begging for...

funny how we have mods trying to act like more of that.... will somehow help the reason...

you ? need to quit being fake and just admit to the ? you do.

but again... we do have an ignore feature. alls yall gotta do is click their username then click ignore... a simple two step process.

@GodGivBiz‌

dawg you aint slick... i see you.. this aint nothing but you throwing a temper tantrum cause jay didn't put your name next to the reason on the updated mod roster.

you have no reason to be going at stew.
    especially when you suggestions have pretty much all been "release the houuuuunds"

come on man.. cut that ? out. we all know stew be on some ? .... only difference between him and you is that he is consistent...

you... are prone to flights of fancy.

Shut the hell up.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @Guntown how many times do you have the post the same thing over and over...(Rhetorical Question)

Didn't realize so many people did not like the negative reactions, participation trophy ass MF'ers...

At times it would look like The Reason is a victim of marketing/internet teams, so many threads about the same ? ...

No one really discusses the music at all...

The threads that do numbers always be on some high school locker room ? , look at how tough Fiddy is, Ross is a fraud, Em is white...

The other thing I dislike is the argument of "It's my opinion" or "It's all subjective" with no substance to back it up...

Truth is; taste in music is not subjective, it's acquired and refined...
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some hypocrites in here...
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me inject my .2 on this matter.....

It would help if chuck and pico would create a post showing their ? , goodies, etc every now and then as well.

Just saying.
    "‌
    @pico
  • GunTown
    Options
    The best poster imo who i don't share similar taste in music to is Jamaica he doesn't catch feelings and he accepts he likes a style of rap others may not but he could care less as long as he enjoys it.

If more posters didn't catchy felings like him because people don't like the music like they it would improve things

MrJR is a poster who speaks his mind yet he gets critisized so much over opinion i don't see why
  • GunTown
    Options
    And theirs too much hypocrisy certain posters label others stans wen they them self are stans
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got at least 3 generations of fans here and too many ? wont explore outside what is/was hot to their group.

• GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It's because of us, the posters. We have to do a better job. We complain about trolls yet I see troll threads go up to as high as 8 pages while a dope thread about a new talented artist struggles to get to 2 pages. It makes no sense to complain about something you give your attention too.

I saw a thread that was titled "How will Jay Z's death be celebrated after he die?" I was tempted to flag the OP but I just ignored it. That same thread managed to receive more than 10 serious responses. The quality of the content in the Reason is somewhere between ass and mediocre at best. A lot of posters trying to be Perez Hilton or Miss info instead of being creative and dropping threads they genuinely want to drop. There are gems in here and I have found out about a lot of artist because of good posters in this section. Just shows that if we all focus on quality over quantity (and ignore the troll threads) things would be better. Everybody wants to be entertained or be a part of the next potential "RoastThread" but nobody want to take the time to drop a GOAT thread.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall be pushing them fancy smancy rappers but they suck!
    That's why yall get mad..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Yall be pushing them fancy smancy rappers but they suck!
    That's why yall get mad..

Word we should be pushing KB Da Kidnappa instead.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    struck a nerve?
    there's nobody left..
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Let me inject my .2 on this matter.....

It would help if chuck and pico would create a post showing their ? , goodies, etc every now and then as well.

Just saying.
    "‌
    @Piyonce‌ and @Grumpychuck‌

Fixed

Thanks son

• GunTown
    Options
    @Kat came and posted in the Reason to troll and she never even usually posts in the Reason

Things like that ruin the Reason
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Guntown Whose better to u? Nas or Lil Boosie
This discussion has been closed.