THE REASON WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THE DECLINE OF THE IC........

Options

Comments

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    @Guntown Whose better to u? Nas or Lil Boosie

Lil Boosie. I feel he is a much better song writer, much more engaging with his message and substance, is more deeper and emotional, much more charismatic, makes better hooks, has the far superior production, better delivery.

He basically makes the much better Songs to me and his Songs have much more replay value

Nas is better technically and has the much better rhyme schemes, is much more and is extremley complex technically as far as rhyming. But Lil Boosie is the better Artist and better song maker and makes the better music

• GunTown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I listen to a wide range of music and all different genres of music
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ur entitled to ur opinion, but LMAO & GTFOHWTBS & welcome back.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Debating with feelings and not logic/common sense or facts.. ie when I ? on Battle Rap, full of feelings and not one legit rebuttal.

How df I miss this? The same thread where your best rebuttal was 2 wack bars from canibus and you proceeded to get clowned in? Same one you clicked feelings on every post that opposed yours? Cant be..
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole reaction thing was the start of the ending for the ic. Ppl just posting ? to get lol's, cosigns, ether or goats. It's a popularity contest now. Should be changed to agree or disagree as the only 2 options.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole reaction thing was the start of the ending for the ic. Ppl just posting ? to get lol's, cosigns, ether or goats. It's a popularity contest now. Should be changed to agree or disagree as the only 2 options.

I feel that. ? making troll accounts? for lols? the ? .
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More users (Lurkers) should participate in in thread starting.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And to elaborate about lack of moderation on the ic. It's stupid arguments like south vs ny that go nowhere get brought up every day and have 0 substance yet those threads stay open or they allow them to go back and forth about it without a warning to cool it or suspension. At the end of the day poster 1 gonna think the south is great and poster 2 gonna think ny is the best no matter what each other day so why let them discuss it? Or the "illmatic is the best hip hop album of all time", nas vs jay-z for the 196,794,026,9289,588,839,747,749,839 time type of threads we see every week don't get locked they just leave them open. The ic is a wasteland now. Some cool folks on here running amok under no moderation
  • GunTown
    Options
    @Nujerz sums up my point he is a poster that has a very limited a very 1 dimensional taste in hip hop

He only likes this style
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Maybe nobody big is making moves right now once.. their albums get hot and other artists draw people back being interested in keeping up with the music.
    followers wanna follow
    independents wanna see talent shine
    but before the streets have a chance to raise up a real mc the followers done hopped on the mainstream clown train, baller blockin from the real ? .
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what are the stats on this so called "decline" ?

What is the member difference?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The main problem I see is everybody is so quick to label somebody as something and dismiss them which doesn't lead to a hip hop discussion it leads to a bunch of back and forth...As soon as you try to defend the point of the artist your labeled as a stan who's capin as if the only thing that's allowed is downing somebody....

But then down somebody or something you're labeled a hater that don't know what your talking about....instead of hip hop discussion it seems like ppl feel if you don't agree with them then you're the problem becuz you're probably just a stan/hater who doesn't know anything...

Now there are those around here but everybody who don't agree with you ain't one and it would probably be a lil better if ppl weren't so quick to just throw those terms around instead of getting into a dialogue with the person to see why they feel the way they feel
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think sometimes The Reason gets over-moderated. People should be allowed to cook more. If the topic doesn't interest you or seems redundant don't participate in the thread.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Guntown from the UK, correct?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People dont supprt good threads
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Debating with feelings and not logic/common sense or facts.. ie when I ? on Battle Rap, full of feelings and not one legit rebuttal.

How df I miss this? The same thread where your best rebuttal was 2 wack bars from canibus and you proceeded to get clowned in? Same one you clicked feelings on every post that opposed yours? Cant be..

Coming from a guy who flagged up my post and couldn't refute a single thing I stated. And when asked to a name a battle rapper in a current battle league that would be an alltime great MC brought up Eminem a rapper who hasn't battle rapped in close to 20 years using Scribble Jam as your reason when there not been a Scribble Jam tournament since 2008...

I'm still waiting for you or anyone else to:

1. Name a battle Rapper in any of these battle leagues that would be listed on top a 50 MC list without getting laughed at.

2. Name a current battle rapper whose legacy, impact, influence contribution to the art of rhyming and lyricism in hiphop is greater than Canibus.

3. Come up with a battle round that 1. You know word for word, and 2. As impactful as some of the greatest rap disses on record. If these battle rappers are so great and rounds are so dope then it be easy for you and any battle rap geeks to recite your favorite round on the spot right?

4. How virtually every white boy in these leagues have terrible flows and deliveries. OR rhyming super fast in a low ass voice then when they get to there punchlines scream it a the top of his lungs to make it hit harder.

5. Setting up written punchlines in anticipation/hopes for a crowd reaction and when they dont get it they repeat the line which is ? wack.

^^^ Still waiting for you or anyone else to refute and dispute this.

I didnt even bring the ether...which would have been bringing in a thread from King of the Dot Forums which had posters there saying some of the same exact ? I stated regarding Dizaster.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Greater than canibus' legacy?? ? what legacy? lmaooo

Making music and battle rapping are 2 completely different things, thats like comparing boxing to ? kung fu or horse racing to nascar.
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2014
    Options

Making music and battle rapping are 2 completely different things, thats like comparing boxing to ? kung fu or horse racing to nascar.

^^ I rest my case...you cant debate nor bring up anything to things I stated...take ya L.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GunTown
    Options
    @Guntown from the UK, correct?

West/North West London yeah
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Your saying dumb ? like canibus having a legacy and can you recite a whole battle rap by heart like its a song lol U gave yourself the L with that type of logic.

Mainstream rap and battle rap are 2 different things, the reason why your beloved canibus got killed steppin in the ring.
  • GunTown
    Options

I tried explaining this to him numerous times

• nujerz84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Your saying dumb ? like canibus having a legacy and can you recite a whole battle rap by heart like its a song lol U gave yourself the L with that type of logic.

Mainstream rap and battle rap are 2 different things, the reason why your beloved canibus got killed steppin in the ring.

Word... Canibus has no legacy? The guy who defeated every member of Wu Tang in a cypher till he got to Killah Priest...Had the Mixtape Game on Smash, The Guy whose verses from Beast from The East, Fantastic Four, Desparado, 4,3,2,1 and 2nd Round Knockout are still hailed revered and known by heads... The guy with the biggest buzz to totally flop and become a total joke..

Yeah that's a Legacy. Canibus is just an example.

You ethered your self with the biggest L when you Brought Up Eminem, when I asked to name a current battle rapper from a current league, you further embarrassed yourself when you named Scribble Jam as the reason considering Scribble Jam hasn't even been around since 2008.

I didn't even ask for a whole battle... I'm asking 1 round which is less than a song depending on the time.

Like I stated if these rappers are so dope and so nice with the rhymes they have a round of truly incredible ? that can be remembered.

I didn't mention how with the way ? are setup now as purely written leagues (they no longer call these freestyle battles) if you were to grab any 2 battle rappers that never faced each other and tell them to battle right now without weeks sometimes months to prepare, how many could actually battle only a small handful.

Battle Rap in 2014 = Wack ? catering to small niche fanbase.

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he wont remember this but @gee757 ran me out of the reason during the ross/50 beef

he called me "muuuuunkey" and "cracka" for 3 pages straight... i been shook ever since
This discussion has been closed.