The Official Rick Ross "Mastermind" Album Thread (3.4.14)

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Rap as a whole isnt selling well. Wayne barely went over 100K his last album also. Add to that the disappointment of Ross' last album, casual hip hop fana have to warm up to him again. He'll go gold again most likely but it might take longer than usual.

Even if he doesnt sell or isnt as relevant hip hop shouldnt be about sales, it should be about quality.

I loved the album, you might think its more of the same but still ? with it , or more of the same and hate it, so be it.

But discussions like this is what is exactly wrong about hip hop.

If Drake outsells Kendrick again does that make Drake better, or whatever the point of this thread is?

We need a more mature perspective on this simp/basic ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Whose selling more then him tho

school boy Q

Had an 87 percent drop his second week.

Did tde buy his album?

im talking first week. look numbers aint that big of a deal but him and his fans stay talking to relevancy ? . so there u go

The numbers=relevancy argument can't be done w/o numbers after the first week though. Having big first week numbers means nothing if the next week your album drops 30 spots on the charts. This is why some artists prefer their albums to have consistent sales over a long period of time instead of flaming out early after 1 hit single.
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IRONY: an album full of dope songs, but not one single is catching fire.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sales aint ? . trash is trash. thats why dude can never hope for more than a gold selling album.

good for him.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    Don't know if he done, but I do know he's been spittin the same verse since Teflon Don. Also, to continuously be outshined on your efforts, have production essentially carry you on your last 3 LPs eeehhhh, if he ain't done, it won't be long. Plus, he not real. Time is the friend of real ? , and vice versa for fake ones.
    Name a non fabricated rapper thats relevant.

Scarface. Jeezy.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you a fan don't just talk buy the album.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    IRONY: an album full of dope songs, but not one single is catching fire.

Not really any single type songs except for in vain
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Nas done since he only sold 100k on "Life Is Wood"

.......OHHHHH DAMMMMNNN

most likely yeah nas already had his run but unlike Ross nas was going platinum + ;)
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I hate william, I check his albums before I critique them. So in finna download this ? real quick
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [Not really any single type songs except for in vain

MM3 could be a single.

Devil is a Lie could of been a win with Jay on it, but he didn't even make a video

Instead he made a vid for ? like Nobody…

…and nobody cares
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross got his lane he's good

It would help if he rapped more about his life

5 albums in and u don't really know ? about Rosay bc all his music is about the fantasy land of make believe ? dreams.

This is the realest ?
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09772

The Mastermind is master of the HITS Album Sales Chart this week, as MMG/Def Jam/IDJ’s hip-hop heavyweight Rick Ross bows at #1 with 185k.

Ross’ 2012 set, ? Forgives, I Don’t, bowed with 218k and has moved 565k RTD.

• nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall out here with wrong info.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got damn tried to tell u fools
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Album sold 100k in the first week.... Ross is done ?

http://allhiphop.com/2014/03/11/rick-ross-mastermind-becomes-1-allbum-selling-over-100k-copies/

That album is not going to go gold.

Wale is gonna jump ship by the end of 2014 & take wit him Ross' ear for beats, Meek will go next & run his own label. MMG will later become a hub for up & coming artists but they'll never really stay.

Mark my words ? I got the shining...
    dont they have another day or two to count sales?
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    lol @ ? acting like if he had some comp it would b impossible for him to go number 1

what comp you talking about he not outselling Jay, Nas, Ye, Em, drake, wayne etc.

thats 5 artists, oh wow, such a huge amount of competition, b4 this album he was consistently in the 150k-200k range first week with all his number ones, and ross had comp from other genres and still came out number 1

that just 5 names off top compared to the big names in hiphop he not outselling them period.

ludacris, ti, outkast, jcole, kendrick lamar.. all sell more than him.

so again i ask what comp you talking about?

Add Cudi to that list even tho his last pushed 90k but that's 10k less than Ross and Cudi dropped an album outta the sky on an indie label
    lol @ ? acting like if he had some comp it would b impossible for him to go number 1

what comp you talking about he not outselling Jay, Nas, Ye, Em, drake, wayne etc.

thats 5 artists, oh wow, such a huge amount of competition, b4 this album he was consistently in the 150k-200k range first week with all his number ones, and ross had comp from other genres and still came out number 1

that just 5 names off top compared to the big names in hiphop he not outselling them period.

Add Cudi to that list even tho his last pushed 90k but that's 10k less than Ross and Cudi dropped an album outta the sky on an indie label

or Asap rocky whose album sold 135k first week.

Or Wiz who did 197k First week Rolling Papers

And 132k First Week ONIFC
    btw, those sales on hitsdailydouble are only 56% in, not sayin its gon happen but if the final count end up over 150K what yall gon say then, cuz according to the ic ross been done since 2008 at least, and not only do the sales remain intact, but most importantly the music is on point every time

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

well ill be dammed, 184k mmm hmm, guess all hip hop need some new and credible journalists on the front page, cuz the one reporting half of hits daily double's ? dont know what they doing. now what was that about ross being done, again?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where did that 100,000 come from in that other thread
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Lmfao hatin ass ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    somebody posted it on the front page late last night/early this morning, i knew that was too early to tell

http://allhiphop.com/2014/03/11/rick-ross-mastermind-becomes-1-allbum-selling-over-100k-copies/
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ross' raps are so fantasy he might as well just rap about star wars, lord of the rings and ? .

"I think I'm Han Solo! Chewbacca! Fightin the Empire! You know the force gotcha!"
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Problem with rappers like Rick Ross, Jay Z, Slaughterhouse, Cassidy, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Fabolous, T.I., Snoop Dogg is if u heard 1 song u heard them all

All their songs sound the same and they use the same formula RnB singer featuring and doing the hook, same drug content, heavy on punchlines, main talent being their Flows
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Album sold 100k in the first week.... Ross is done ?

That album is not going to go gold.

Wale is gonna jump ship by the end of 2014 & take wit him Ross' ear for beats, Meek will go next & run his own label. MMG will later become a hub for up & coming artists but they'll never really stay.

Mark my words ? I got the shining...
    dont they have another day or two to count sales?

Or Wiz who did 197k First week Rolling Papers

And 132k First Week ONIFC
    btw, those sales on hitsdailydouble are only 56% in, not sayin its gon happen but if the final count end up over 150K what yall gon say then, cuz according to the ic ross been done since 2008 at least, and not only do the sales remain intact, but most importantly the music is on point every time

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

well ill be dammed, 184k mmm hmm, guess all hip hop need some new and credible journalists on the front page, cuz the one reporting half of hits daily double's ? dont know what they doing. now what was that about ross being done, again?

The hate in these ? hearts is so comical