Fair or Foul - Judge Says It's OK for Mothers to Ban Dads From Delivery Room

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FAIR - The mom is entitled to her privacy
    I have no problems with child support being used for a father that's not in a kid's life but women be doing that ? for father's that be active

With my oldest kid I was active, buying everything she needed and for some reason her mother put me on child support. I guess she thought I was go pay support along with the other stuff I was doing, she was wrong.

Keep in mind that the current system is set up in a way that forces you to file on the father if you are seeking any type of assistance from the government..not sure if that applies in your case or not.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FOUL - Privacy ended when she gave up the ass
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    It's some fuckery I don't care how you slice it.

The law is enabling some women to take out personal vendettas against men.

In most cases the mom is the custodial parent and the man is made to pay child support and in many cases adhere to the mother's demands.

Not saying a man shouldn't support his child but it shouldn't just simply be on the mother's terms.

A lot of women use deception and skewed legislation such as this to squeeze a man for everything he's worth, then emasculate him, and aid in helping his child become estranged from him.

I'm saying though. Why is is like that? I don't know ANY ? who went to court for custody hearings and ? and the judge decreed the mother as the primary caregiver. In all the cases I see, they break up and it's just implied that the child is with mom and dad gets weekends and ? .

Keep it real, you know many couples who actually had a judge declare that ? ? Or did they just assume mom was the custodial?

A lot of guys do go to court and try to gain custody of their children.

Unless the mother is supremely unfit beyond epic proportions the courts rarely grant a man custody.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this ? will call the ? a deadbeat for not being there. ? it. She started it let the man finish it. It woulda told that ? it's fine, and never seen the two if them again.

thays petty and selfish bruh...tht child didn't ask for that

Yes and so? Values and opinions don't pay bills. I couldn't care less what another ? think about me. The child didn't but the mother did. If she can't see all the possible outcomes then she shouldn't make such a drastic decision. And if she couldn't see that situation coming she is to stupid to have kids anyway. In 100 years everyone today will be dead and no one will remember you cuz you ain't see your child. No one will remember you at all. So nothing we do matters anyway, except to us.

ok bruh lol
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In most cases the mom is the custodial parent and the man is made to pay child support and in many cases adhere to the mother's demands.

Not saying a man shouldn't support his child but it shouldn't just simply be on the mother's terms.

A lot of women use deception and skewed legislation such as this to squeeze a man for everything he's worth, then emasculate him, and aid in helping his child become estranged from him.

I'm saying though. Why is is like that? I don't know ANY ? who went to court for custody hearings and ? and the judge decreed the mother as the primary caregiver. In all the cases I see, they break up and it's just implied that the child is with mom and dad gets weekends and ? .

Keep it real, you know many couples who actually had a judge declare that ? ? Or did they just assume mom was the custodial?

Unless the mother is supremely unfit beyond epic proportions the courts rarely grant a man custody.

But I'm asking YOU personally. How many ? YOU know who went to court?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    I know at about 5 dudes on paying child support. Not one went to custody hearing. Only for child support.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...I wish a hefa would.

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only know of myself that went for custody. I be telling friends to do that but all they wanna do is complain about the situation
  • mryounggun
    Options
    I know at about 5 dudes on paying child support. Not one went to custody hearing. Only for child support.

Word. Same with me. ? never even considered full or joint custody.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its typical of ? and their thought process (or lack thereof).

? Thoughts: "I have a man who wants to be there for me and his child...........WHAT AN ? KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ME, HE'S CAUSING ME STRESS!!!!"

? Thoughts: "Why arent men more involved in their child's lives? Men need to 'step up'"
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Several actually my homie from childhood being the closest one and he actually won custody of his little girl.

I think that had a lot to do with the mom still wanting to party and be young and not wanting to be strapped down with the burden of raising a child.

I also know some other cats who have tried and been unsuccessful a few of them were real stand up guys to as far as I could tell from the outside looking in.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    And this ? will call the ? a deadbeat for not being there. ? it. She started it let the man finish it. It woulda told that ? it's fine, and never seen the two if them again.

Not being in the room wouldn't make someone a deadbeat. The bold does
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What does anecdotal evidence have to do with anything?

And as far as this whole thing being a "necessary evil," nah, it's not. It's not necessary that rulings that should only apply to unfit fathers, apply to other fathers as well. This ? should be thoroughly evaluated on a case by case basis, and re-evaluated monthly, imo.

The Court Systems half-assed practices saving some children from the weavings of deadbeat dads and single mothers is most certainly not justification for such practices to apply across the board.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

What does anecdotal evidence have to do with anything?

And as far as this whole thing being a "necessary evil," nah, it's not. It's not necessary that rulings that should only apply to unfit fathers, apply to other fathers as well. This ? should be thoroughly evaluated on a case by case basis, and re-evaluated monthly, imo.

The Court Systems half-assed practices saving some children from the weavings of deadbeat dads and single mothers is most certainly not justification for such practices to apply across the board.

What are you talking about, B? I'm not trying to prove a point about ? not seeking custody. I asked that man a simple question and he answered. It's not to support an argument. Just wondering if anyone else has the same experience as me.

As far as your second point, I agree. There should be a way to evaluate it on a case by case basis. That would be ideal. But we're talking about what IS, not what SHOULD BE. And I think we're both smart enough to know that the gov't ain't spending the money to fund and staff that type of thing. So in the absence of that...
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not that big of a deal

With the high incidence of c sections most moms are barely there for their own damn delivery, lol

Basically
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes and so? Values and opinions don't pay bills. I couldn't care less what another ? think about me. The child didn't but the mother did. If she can't see all the possible outcomes then she shouldn't make such a drastic decision. And if she couldn't see that situation coming she is to stupid to have kids anyway. In 100 years everyone today will be dead and no one will remember you cuz you ain't see your child. No one will remember you at all. So nothing we do matters anyway, except to us.
    Lmfao at this ? . How you gonna logically explain to your kid that you weren't in their life cause you wanted to be petty.

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Piyonce wrote: »

Lmfao at this ? . How you gonna logically explain to your kid that you weren't in their life cause you wanted to be petty.

conversely how's a mom gonna explain that daddy wasn't at the his/her birth because "I had some issues with him"?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that ?
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Childbirth in the acute setting is a medical procedure that is protected by privacy

The mom can decide who can be present regardless of circumstance, just like she can go to the OB/GYN alone if she feels so inclined

Just like a man can get his regular check ups and prostate exams without his wife holding his hand

Dunno why we're discussing the privacy of a medical procedure in 2014. Not witnessing childbirth is not going to keep you from bonding with your child.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all not gonna b happy until the father has no rights and is still obligated to provide money...
    this doesn't help anyone...
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Childbirth in the acute setting is a medical procedure that is protected by privacy

The mom can decide who can be present regardless of circumstance, just like she can go to the OB/GYN alone if she feels so inclined

Just like a man can get his regular check ups and prostate exams without his wife holding his hand

Dunno why we're discussing the privacy of a medical procedure in 2014. Not witnessing childbirth is not going to keep you from bonding with your child.

Right?

Men being in the delivery room is a relatively new practice. Maybe we should blame the decline of active fathers on them being allowed to watch the birth?

I'm being facetious of course but still, major overexaggerations going on in this thread.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did the mom express her concerns for PRIVACY when she was ? and letting some dude who she now hates nut up in her tho?

nah... she was pretty open about her body then tho? right?

She gonna be okay with PRIVATELY raising that kid???? nah she gonna be looking at Mr. I HATE YOU like, "I need child support".

Women's logic is flawed...

And comparing somenting that was created by a mother and father is NOT the same as a prostate exam. Stop being silly
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

Right?

Men being in the delivery room is a relatively new practice. Maybe we should blame the decline of active fathers on them being allowed to watch the birth?

I'm being facetious of course but still, major overexaggerations going on in this thread.

shut up...
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GettinLo wrote: »

Did the mom express her concerns for PRIVACY when she was ? and letting some dude who she now hates nut up in her tho?

She gonna be okay with PRIVATELY raising that kid???? nah she gonna be looking at Mr. I HATE YOU like, "I need child support".

And comparing somenting that was created by a mother and father is NOT the same as a prostate exam. Stop being silly

I couldn't care less about who, when, how she ? and who's gonna raise the kid
    I'm speaking from a healthcare provider's perspective
    The facilitt has to respect her privacy. If she doesn't want dad in the room, then we have to honor that
    I'd encourage not having the father in the room if his presence is going to make her anxious and potentially complicate the birthing process. Frankly, if the mom and father arent on good terms and he's only there in support of the child, why does he need to be in the room anyway? The birthing process is about two patients: mom and baby. If he's so concerned about the kid he can stand his ass at the nurses station and get regular updates from the nurse. Walk his ass up to the nursey after its born and offer to do the first feeding and bath. There's tons of ways to be involved without being in the room.

I'm not comparing the CHILD to a prostate exam, I'm comparing childbirth to an equally invasive procedure. You stop being silly.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GettinLo wrote: »

I couldn't care less about who, when, how she ? and who's gonna raise the kid
    I'm speaking from a healthcare provider's perspective
    The facilitt has to respect her privacy. If she doesn't want dad in the room, then we have to honor that
    I'd encourage not having the father in the room if his presence is going to make her anxious and potentially complicate the birthing process. Frankly, if the mom and father arent on good terms and he's only there in support of the child, why does he need to be in the room anyway? The birthing process is about two patients: mom and baby. If he's so concerned about the kid he can stand his ass at the nurses station and get regular updates from the nurse. Walk his ass up to the nursey after its born and offer to do the first feeding and bath. There's tons of ways to be involved without being in the room.

I'm not comparing the CHILD to a prostate exam, I'm comparing childbirth to an equally invasive procedure. You stop being silly.

the thing is, the judge ain't in the delivery room...

if his presence is causing complications at the time of the birth..then yea.... respectfully excuse yourself for the well being of the child....

but if you in court asking for the father not be there prior...you on some petty ass foul ?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Some of yall are incapable of supporting an opinion without being biased