Kid Cudi On Arsenio Hall (Talks Cars, Drake, Album, Says Mainstream HipHop is holding Black Culture)

Options
2»

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kid Cudi? Didn't he die?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never was a fan of Cudi...
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    His music is wack to me. That ? is mad depressing sounding. Why would I want to listen to that?

Just curious when was the last Cudi project you listened to?

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    His music is wack to me. That ? is mad depressing sounding. Why would I want to listen to that?

I heard all of his first three albums.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an actor he's good, but his music doesn't speak to me.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WEIRDO RAP...

notice how it's only the weirdos coming to this ? defense?

Notice how you call folks you don't kno weirdos with a poor opinion????

...woe is me ass ?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone see that Cruel summer flick?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the pothead being almighty. ? please you ain't no different than those rappers, you smoke weed and chase white ? . It ain't like you Jay Electronica who seeks enlightenment and raps about it.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Truthfully, Cudi saying this is him repeating all those ? "Macklemore is great because he doesn't rap about what 'normal' rappers talk about" articles only he put his name in this instead of Macklemore.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't listen to Kid Cudi music, but rap music done a lot of damage over the years. From cats repping bloods back in the early 00s to the superthug gimmick to the coonery dances of the mid-late 00s, and even now, it makes rappers wear dresses.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall need to watch the vids but Cudi struggling with them drug demons. True story I got into it with him on FB one time for calling himself a wizard and he replied back that he likes drugs and all that and i told him its a bigger picture on some good and evil ? to call yourself a wizard and how them evil spirits influence those who listen to his music and you could tell that ? was feeling what I was saying cause now I think he calmed down a little with all that crazy ? from the last album
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    I don't listen to Kid Cudi music, but rap music done a lot of damage over the years. From cats repping bloods back in the early 00s to the superthug gimmick to the coonery dances of the mid-late 00s, and even now, it makes rappers wear dresses.

it has been damage since the 90's.

I Hate to say that as good as that decade was for rap, it was also the beginning of the end.

• *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok some of you keep saying that we need to watch the video, but can't give a simple review on it. Quote the ? verbatim or shut the ? up.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »

I heard all of his first three albums.

The thing is..yes he makes a lot of "depressing" sounding songs, but more than half of his catalogue are party records. On Indicud there was Girls, King Wizard, Immortal, Just What I am, Unfuckwittable, Young Lady, etc. You can make a generalization about 2pac when it comes to making "depressing" sounding music as well
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    break it down i really don't pay attention to what he wears so you're going to have to explain that to me

he barely raps on his albums anymore because his disillusionment and personal issues; however, he is a hip hop fan, musician, previously signed to a hip hop label, worked with hip hop legends, participates in the culture of hip hop and is a black man in America, who can tell him he can't talk about hip hop?

1342487349_124961229015036.jpeg

this guy dresses like a ? and has a primarily white fanbase, is he allowed to talk about hip hop?

you don't like cudi thats fine but at least use legitimate cricitisms.
    I don't know if Dre's a ? or not, but you're comparing Kid Cudi to Dr Dre? One ? sings off key on some fake Hootie and the blowfish ? , the other ? got multiple hiphop classics and has contributed more to hiphop than the other ? ever will. Dre can always speak on hiphop. Cudi need to stick to that white boy ? and stop speaking on black culture. Once a ? ALWAYZ a ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We can't ever really have a conversation on things because folks get too wrapped up in the ad hominems.

So what if you don't like Cudi's music? This topic isn't about his music anyway, it's about his beliefs.

Who cares if you don't like how he dresses or any of that ? ? And if you weren't going to watch the video or at least learn about what the topic was about why even click the ? topic? You gotta call a ? a ? and some of y'all ? are really juvenile.

Anyway, back on topic, dude has a point. In the mad rush to sound more bourgeoisie than the next man these artists are becoming more and more detached from their own fan base.

Not only do they not speak for their fan base but it's becoming more their the don't even speak to their fan base anymore. This is what Cudi wants to do, he wants to speak to a particular portion of the genres audience and that's fine, I don't exactly fit in that space but he has his own lane and that's cool.

A rapper that isn't trying to talk over his fans heads by being bougie or intellectually "pretentious" (as people claim Lupe is), or by telling fables about a life he doesn't live (e.g. Rick Ross) is a rarity, and while I don't agree wholeheartedly he has a point.

Especially when it comes to materialism. That ? is true, music that supports a wasteful and decadent lifestyle among people who aren't as successful as they should be is quite harmful. Now I know rapping about having a bank account and saving your money ain't as sexy or appealing as rapping about going to the club and making it rain but ? sometimes meals have vegetables and you need that reality to counterbalance the outlandish nonsense that is the norm.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    We can't ever really have a conversation on things because folks get too wrapped up in the ad hominems.

So what if you don't like Cudi's music? This topic isn't about his music anyway, it's about his beliefs.

Who cares if you don't like how he dresses or any of that ? ? And if you weren't going to watch the video or at least learn about what the topic was about why even click the ? topic? You gotta call a ? a ? and some of y'all ? are really juvenile.

Anyway, back on topic, dude has a point. In the mad rush to sound more bourgeoisie than the next man these artists are becoming more and more detached from their own fan base.

Not only do they not speak for their fan base but it's becoming more their the don't even speak to their fan base anymore. This is what Cudi wants to do, he wants to speak to a particular portion of the genres audience and that's fine, I don't exactly fit in that space but he has his own lane and that's cool.

A rapper that isn't trying to talk over his fans heads by being bougie or intellectually "pretentious" (as people claim Lupe is), or by telling fables about a life he doesn't live (e.g. Rick Ross) is a rarity, and while I don't agree wholeheartedly he has a point.

Especially when it comes to materialism. That ? is true, music that supports a wasteful and decadent lifestyle among people who aren't as successful as they should be is quite harmful. Now I know rapping about having a bank account and saving your money ain't as sexy or appealing as rapping about going to the club and making it rain but ? sometimes meals have vegetables and you need that reality to counterbalance the outlandish nonsense that is the norm.

Goated you for that. Cudi was speakin the truth & on something important but
    Everyone wants to be funny and clown cause most ? in here are some monkey see monkey do. Keep clickin them feelings not cause y'all wanna cause I told you too!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options