You and your s/o stop at the gas station... Who pumps the gas?

Options

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Man
    S2J wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Every once in a while is cool of course, but judging from this thread and how often i see it (in the hood mostly) i think its a permanent thing.

Broke dudes w/ no car and the 'new gender rules' type dudes

Why do I have to work when she makes enough for the both of us?

Hahaha

@LPast‌ You and Ms. Jerry from Martin get on the train same time. 1 seat left. Who gets it?

I'm for Age equality. She has to stand. Plus it's better for older people to get exercise.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Acting in a way that is expected of you because of your gender is ? stupid.

? being a "gentleman"
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Man
    If course I put gas if it's my car.

If it's hers I usually do too. Shid she drive a lil sentra. I laugh at those lil 12 gallons of 87
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Depends
    kzzl wrote: »
    So I'm the only guy that was pumping gas as a kid and couldn't wait for the day I ain't have to do it? That ? made y'all feel special? I did that ? cause I was told, I ain't get nothing prideful outta that. Just a little ? trying not to get another shoe swung at his head.

Personally, I'm usually the one driving and so I'll always have my ? handled. The few times I was riding passenger I sat my ass in the car, drinking my beer, wondering why she taking so long in the store. I ain't bragging, it's just some ? I don't do. It's never been a big deal that I don't, but I've got a can of disappointment ready for the day a woman makes a fuss bout it.

I just ain't like that.

damn.. so u wasnt proud to do ? for moms??

Not no ? like that. That was some, "I'm the parent, you're a child, now do it", type ? . That ? ain't the same as making her a card outta construction paper for her birthday or bringing home an A+ paper or whatever. She knew she could make me do it, cause she had the power to do so. I can't consider something like that genuine when I knew I was being forced.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends
    Interesting, pumping gas is breaking down gender barriers.
  • Wooden Chop Sticks
    Wooden Chop Sticks Members Posts: 59
    Options
    The Man
    She always rides with me so I'm always the one pumping.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends
    @s given. So? It's her car. Never had a problem. Don't see it as an issue.

Using that logic of "the man should always pump for her" doesn't really make sense. If she can pump her own gas when she's by herself or with friends, then why act like she can't if I'm riding? That's like me cookin my own meals for myself, family, or friends. But when she shows up, she has to cook for me.

Just sayin.

No one is saying she can't. But just be a gentleman and pump the damn gas dark!
    And my guy doesn't cook when I'm around. Like never. Not because he can't, but because I feel like I should be doing that (I cook better than him anyway). I have no problem with gender roles though so maybe it's just me; not trying to reinvent the wheel here.

Damn that.

I can be a gentlemen in other ways. I've never had an issue while I'm chillin in her car, and she pumps. Just like a woman never had an issue wheneva I've cooked and she sat an chilled. It doesn't matter. It doesn't make a guy any less of a man if he don't. Its gasoline.

*kanye shrugs*
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Man
    Gotta be the 90's babies voting "no" or "depends." My natural instinct is to pump regardless.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again are you ? as chivalrous and virtuous across the board or does this pertain to pumping gas..

• LPast
    Options
    The Man
    Again are you ? as chivalrous and virtuous across the board or does this pertain to pumping gas..

Pumping gas, but like someone said earlier, this is not hall happening in a vacuum. If you are watching your lady pump gas, maybe you don't hell out the elderly, maybe you don't help carry in the groceries.

It's not 100% but it the lack of thought, or laziness might indicate how you treat other situations...

But we're talking pumping gas...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Man

im pretty much across the board wit it..
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Man

Using that logic of "the man should always pump for her" doesn't really make sense. If she can pump her own gas when she's by herself or with friends, then why act like she can't if I'm riding? That's like me cookin my own meals for myself, family, or friends. But when she shows up, she has to cook for me.

Just sayin.

And my guy doesn't cook when I'm around. Like never. Not because he can't, but because I feel like I should be doing that (I cook better than him anyway). I have no problem with gender roles though so maybe it's just me; not trying to reinvent the wheel here.

Damn that.

I can be a gentlemen in other ways. I've never had an issue while I'm chillin in her car, and she pumps. Just like a woman never had an issue wheneva I've cooked and she sat an chilled. It doesn't matter. It doesn't make a guy any less of a man if he don't. Its gasoline.

*kanye shrugs*

Yes of course it's only gasoline. That in itself is of no importance. But your response and many responses in here are indicative of a larger mentality regarding chivalry, and I find it interesting to see how the mentality has shifted with younger males. Some things that older men do automatically are questioned and defended by the "she can do it just the same as I can" argument from younger guys.

I just find it curious because it reminded me of those "these hoes nowadays don't cook for ? " threads you guys make once every month or so. I don't hear all the arguments in here applied to that scenario and I can guess why. I can count on one hand how many men in those threads have said "well you got two hands just like the woman does". My point that your principle is cherry picked and used when convenient. Not by you specifically, but in general on this board. Still luv you tho!
  • playmaker88
    Options
    That might be true for you.. but id bet matts life this couldnt be further from the truth for the vast majority. Just gleemig from past views and statements from the community

Or maybe some are just putting on for the crowd...thats even worse

"I pump the gas but..... Hoh"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women don't respect men like that use to because y'all let women think they can do everything a man can do.

Next thing you know y'all gon be like.

Why I gotta help bust one for. She got two hands.

That's why women act like they don't need men for anything and it so happen the world is ? crazy when they started getting that attitude.

Deeper then pumping gas.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends
    Lol at this ? smh...
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Ha yall ? ..I dont even know
  • LPast
    Options
    The Man
    Do y'all think it's gender equality to not pump gas cause the woman is closer to the pump?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The Man

I see what the problem is...yall are forgetin this is a question about YOUR GIRL. Not a random chick...

These nggas r so used to answewring lying with these gimmicky, HOH answers that they forgettin that.

When its yo girl all that HOH ? should go out the window. If you don't treat your chick like she Grade A, that reflects back on you. If her gas pumpin ass aint ? , then you aint ? . Lol

My chick is a angel she don't pump gas my G Lol Straight like that

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Depends

'Hell yeah I'll beat a ? ass if she talk slick. And I mean, ya know, I'll ? a stripper ? every now and again. When we be at the gas station and ? , I'll pump that gas though!'
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pump and dont think about it

I wouldn't even let any his that's riding wit me pump

My car or her car
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Owner of the car.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends

Just sayin.

Damn that.

*kanye shrugs*

Yes of course it's only gasoline. That in itself is of no importance. But your response and many responses in here are indicative of a larger mentality regarding chivalry, and I find it interesting to see how the mentality has shifted with younger males. Some things that older men do automatically are questioned and defended by the "she can do it just the same as I can" argument from younger guys.

I just find it curious because it reminded me of those "these hoes nowadays don't cook for ? " threads you guys make once every month or so. I don't hear all the arguments in here applied to that scenario and I can guess why. I can count on one hand how many men in those threads have said "well you got two hands just like the woman does". My point that your principle is cherry picked and used when convenient. Not by you specifically, but in general on this board. Still luv you tho!

...but it just gasoline woman. Lol.

I don't look at this issue as deeply as you or others made it seem. I've done plenty of chivalrous things. But if you apply the logic some folks made about a guy pumping gas for a woman, then yes, it doesn't make sense.

Too many women brag about how independent they are, and how they don't need no man for anything. Ok. If that's your attitude, fine. Pump your own gas. Open your own doors. You can't blame the lack of chivalry on us tho, when you have a lot of women out there who aren't appreciative of the gestures.

In regards to me and based off my experience, the women I've dealt could do for themselves. They didn't need me to do those things. Mainly bcuz they handled it on their own. It wasn't a big deal to them. Just like its not a big deal if a woman cooks for me. I can do that myself wit no problem. I've never said that was a requirement. What I've said is she has to KNOW how to cook. Big difference.

Chivalry isn't dead. Its just that maybe not every woman deserves that kinda treatment. Or the woman that guy is with doesn't care about that kind of thing. Or maybe she wants to pump her own gas bcuz she know exactly the amount she wants to put in. Who knows. Bcuz at the end of the day...
    IT'S STILL GASOLINE! Lol. End of morning titangraph

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkcrusader thread
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Women don't respect men like that use to because y'all let women think they can do everything a man can do.

That's why women act like they don't need men for anything and it so happen the world is ? crazy when they started getting that attitude.

Deeper then pumping gas.

Hoping this is sarcasm. LOL
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Deeper then pumping gas.

Hoping this is sarcasm. LOL

? wanna be ? .

No sarcasm.