Serious Q: Are You Living To Your Greatest Potential??

Options
Tommy_Milfhitta
Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
Past couple of weeks iv just been goin thru a lil mental shift. Iv been doin a lot of personal introspection, meditation and just seeking knowledge that pertains to things out of this physical realm. Perhaps u could say I'm on my philosophical ? right now.

It then dawned on me that I'm really not living life to my greatest potential. Theres so much I can actually achieve if I really discipline myself and make the necessary effort to achieve but for whatever reason, I just find myself procrastinating, not giving that much effort or being complacent in a few areas. Don't get me wrong, I'm doin much better than most my peers and @ 25 u could say I'm on track but I seriously feel that I should be much much further in life than I already am.

Like example, mayb u are a great musician. U have written songs and have been making music in private for over a decade. U know u better than most these artists in the industry but for some reason u just have never mustered the courage to go record a demo album and showcase ur skills to the world. Mayb this is u..u kno, everyday goin by with great music inside u waiting to b unleashed, yet..u just never seem reach a breakthrough. But u know deep down that if u were given the chance, u wud be the GOAT. Some of u know wat I'm talking about here.

What about u tho? Are u where u SUPPOSED to b in life?

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up a screw up and that ain't never gonna change
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely, not yet. But I have the ability, means, and path to do so. All I need to do is firmly put my foot down. Sometimes it's intimidating knowing the implications...
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw but I'm on the right track
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw.

Only considering what resources I *presently* have, I shoulda been done with school and made a move to something more lucrative by now.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Hell no. Life has thrown me a few curve ? ? up my progress but steppin back up to the plate.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. I was supposed to be a graphic designer at the this point in my life or doing something with art/video/photography. I got comfortable (lazy) working these "decent" paying jobs and feel into a routine.

I haven't done any artwork in like 4 years and I was raw.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting there, but there is no such thing as overnight success for most people unless you're born into wealth for most of us it's a result of long days and hours of hardwork and smart decision making.
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Past couple of weeks iv just been goin thru a lil mental shift. Iv been doin a lot of personal introspection, meditation and just seeking knowledge that pertains to things out of this physical realm. Perhaps u could say I'm on my philosophical ? right now.

It then dawned on me that I'm really not living life to my greatest potential. Theres so much I can actually achieve if I really discipline myself and make the necessary effort to achieve but for whatever reason, I just find myself procrastinating, not giving that much effort or being complacent in a few areas. Don't get me wrong, I'm doin much better than most my peers and @ 25 u could say I'm on track but I seriously feel that I should be much much further in life than I already am.

Like example, mayb u are a great musician. U have written songs and have been making music in private for over a decade. U know u better than most these artists in the industry but for some reason u just have never mustered the courage to go record a demo album and showcase ur skills to the world. Mayb this is u..u kno, everyday goin by with great music inside u waiting to b unleashed, yet..u just never seem reach a breakthrough. But u know deep down that if u were given the chance, u wud be the GOAT. Some of u know wat I'm talking about here.

What about u tho? Are u where u SUPPOSED to b in life?

This ? tryin to inspire these struggle rappers on facebook smh
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAW.. IM LAZY AS ?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAW.. IM LAZY AS ?

I am a procrastinator. That ? has really ? me up. I am doing better though.
    I am not hurting for ? (financially) and I am quick to learn something new(Doing Sharepoint now). Not much can go over my head.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes i believe i am when i was younger two things i wanted to do and at 29 i've accomplished both being a soldier and now I'm a pilot which will be my career for a couple decades
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell nah. I've got a pretty good life, but I'm a failure by my standards.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as long as i'm a positive influence and inspiration to others, i'm doing my part
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    NAW.. IM LAZY AS ?

I am not hurting for ? (financially) and I am quick to learn something new(Doing Sharepoint now). Not much can go over my head.

I FREAKIN HATE SHARE POINT
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    yes i believe i am when i was younger two things i wanted to do and at 29 i've accomplished both being a soldier and now I'm a pilot which will be my career for a couple decades

Then he sees the robot thread. Jamel ain't ? .
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    NAW.. IM LAZY AS ?

I FREAKIN HATE SHARE POINT

The Navy still using 2010.
    2013 is better. Less confusing.
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ? naw, but I'm on my way there, never stopped. At 26, I've already got the basics covered with a house, car and a full time job, and zero debt. But it's not about the basics now, I wanna live large, luxury lifestyle, I'm comfortable now but I wanna be wealthy, buy ? for friends and family, not just stack for myself, in order to do that, I need to step it up big time. ? living dormant, I'm gonna live enormous, life is too short for anything less. I want complete financial freedom and that's the only way I want it.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hell no. Lot of bumps in the road despite some of the things I achieved. Crazy you made this thread. I was doing introspection on my life.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Then he sees the robot thread. Jamel ain't ? .

lol ? ? me up
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody who spends significant time on the IC is not. I repeat, IS NOT living up to their greatest potential.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? up Economy = Limited Potential for ALL

Thriving Economy =Unlimited Potential for ALL

I blame Barack Hussein Kenyan Obama
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody who spends significant time on the IC is not. I repeat, IS NOT living up to their greatest potential.

How do u know if they aren't retired multi-millionairs who are sitting comfy on a beachfront mansion tho? A person like that can spend allday on the IC and still living up to their greatest potential..