Lil Wayne says he wants a legacy like Snoop Dogg..((but wait)), there's more..

Options
Weazel
Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
A lil piece of Lil Wayne's CRWNs interview

Lil Wayne spoke on what he hopes will be his legacy, and the artists whose legacies he admires. Among the artists he named were country music singer Willie Nelson and fellow rapper Snoop Dogg.
aight, so far so good

He also revealed that prior to wanting to be remembered as “a good spirit,” he hoped his legacy would be similar to that of The Notorious B.I.G, Jay Z, or Tupac Shakur.
hmm ok

“I would just say I would like to be remembered as a humble, good soul. A good spirit. A good soul,” Lil Wayne said. “[A] thing like that. You know what I mean? Like a…a Willie Nelson. You know? Just remembered as everybody ? with you. Like A Snoop Dogg. You know what I mean?
Yeah, I think I can see where this is going..

Before I used to be shooting for more of a Biggie, Biggie/Pac/Jay type title. I used to shoot for that. But now I think my history already done that. You know what I mean?
You MO-THER-? -ER

So, now I just—I wanna just be remembered as ‘Man, that ? was cool. He did great ass music and that’s who he is. Period.’”
foh you delusional basterd

Because, YOU ain't no Snoop Dogg
And Drake FOR SURE ain't no Nate Dogg
Baby ain't Suge...(for what it's worth), lmao
Tyga, lol. Is that suppose to be your Kurupt?
Bout time to take that damn retirement you promised
Mediocre-hyped-up-ass-weirdo-clown

hatermode/off

Bur enough about Wayne, back to Hip Hop related news..

Comments

• Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't remember the last overall good album snoop dogg had. I bought the blue carpet treatment and that was pretty mediocre to be honest.
  • UltraIncredible
    UltraIncredible Members Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't remember the last overall good album snoop dogg had. I bought the blue carpet treatment and that was pretty mediocre to be honest.

?
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop has an album or 2 that you can't argue against being classic.can't say the same thing for Wayne..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Weazel
    Options
    Yo Chicity, true, true and true

Normally I only make threads about the ? I like
    Sometimes...this ? , but folks shouldn't take it too serious though
    But Waynefans like Lookdude are always ready to hit the "feelings" button
    These little warriors are always funny to me
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it's cool to hate just to hate.

"? is they generation with they faces"
    - Puff
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb thread.

didnt read
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is a dumb thread yall ? expected him to post this in the ADHD thread or something its good I think yall hatred for wayne makes yall some straight ?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    He want's more classic produced tracks to further solidify his legacy.
    Keep going. -Lil Wayne
  • Weazel
    Options
    Did I say mean things bout Wayne?, boo-? -hoo
    crybaby.jpg
    Crybaby style No.1
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why yall ? keep making threads that I already made? At least my ? had the video of the interview
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone please post the audio for "BM Jr" for all of these "Wayne can't spit" people
  • TrillRussell
    Options
    Any Wayne Album you call A classic...It's A debate..Wayne don't have 1 or 2 albums everybody can agree on is Classic..For example ? that will call Snoop trash overall or don't like him will say"? Snoop..but gahdamn..? was an undeniable classic"..Wayne don't have that in his discography..and that's the truth..He has A couple of debatables.but not that album or 2 that you can't deny..regardless of how you feel about him..
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @TrillRussell pretty much everyone outside of the IC that I've talked to think the first three carters are "classics" (of course they don't use that word). I don't know anyone who doesn't have Tha Carter 3. Some people will say it's debatable but the great majority of people will say they are classics.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get what he's saying

he wants to be known as a chill dude who can just be liked my middle America and the world and kinda be on auto pilot

Wayne will be ranked w/ the best no matter how ? feel
  • TrillRussell
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    @TrillRussell pretty much everyone outside of the IC that I've talked to think the first three carters are "classics" (of course they don't use that word). I don't know anyone who doesn't have Tha Carter 3. Some people will say it's debatable but the great majority of people will say they are classics.

Only People i've ever heard say that are Wayne fans...The greats all have albums that are undeniable..no matter how you feel about them..you can't deny their albums being classics(pac,Jay,Big,Nas,Cube,Snoop)...and I don't think i've ever ran into an objective,unbiased hip hop fan on here or in "real life" that said "Wayne has 3 undeniable classic albums"...That's no knock on Wayne..that's just the truth..
  • TrillRussell
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Carter 2 could've been an undeniable classic if it was structured better,Carter 3 was dope as well..but not classic..I think if he would've protected the original songs that got leaked better it would be a different conversation for 3 imo..Those Like 7 or 8 classic Wayne cuts..combine those with A few of those dope cuts on the Final release..you got your self a damn near flawless album..
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Carter 3 was no damn classic, especislly when it dropped. Everyone on the IC was disappointed even tho it did have hits on it. Lyrically he was bullshittin (againlike ? backwards?) and he was starting to abuse that autotune ? .

Only revisionist many years later want to make up Carter 3 was considered a "classic" ... Foh
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He definitely had a unique legacy. Came in as a child rapper that can actually flow and wrote his own ? . One of the first rappers to come up off mixtapes, and dominated that field on insane levels... even weak ? like D4 is getting burn. Most #1s by a rapper or some ? . Skilled or not, Wayne has some accolades that should be acknowledged.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    Carter 3 was no damn classic, especislly when it dropped. Everyone on the IC was disappointed even tho it did have hits on it. Lyrically he was bullshittin (againlike ? backwards?) and he was starting to abuse that autotune ? .

Only revisionist many years later want to make up Carter 3 was considered a "classic" ... Foh

Agreed. the original carter 3 would have been a classic