MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The west coast about to eat in 2014
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

west coast been eating. low key they have the best scene in black music right now
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The beats on this album slap.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

west coast been eating. low key they have the best scene in black music right now

I've been sayin for years that the west had the dopest underground scene ...especially since all this new talent came on around '08 now these ? starting to drop one by one and they killin ? ...

Thing is there's still soo many more dope ass artist out here that haven't gotten fully on yet ...some by choice some it's just not their time yet
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We already in march and it already

Yup
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The west been had ? though. If Pac Div came out right now them ? would be eatin. I wonder if Overdoz and Audio Push gon get any shine.

I'm gonna give this joint a shot even though some of his songs haven't really been my cup of tea. Sometimes I need to hear tracks collectively rather than standalone...
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album is surprisingly good
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YG dropped a dope project, props to him..and damn at that Jay Rock verse, ? been on one lately
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    did anyone else notice how the album has the same theme/arrangement as GCMC ? he must have been bumpin that kendrick hard

I don't feel like its the same per say ... I feel like kendrick was giving you an analysis on the whole condition of young black men caught in environments where trying to escape seems futile ... He wasn't necessarily celebrating the circumstance nor was he relishing in it ... He was just as the album title states a Good Kid "trapped" in a MADD City

YG on the other hand is giving you the perspective of the homies that kendrick described in songs like "sing about me" ...the ? that's really out here rockin with the ? 100... He's telling you what it's like for a young cat in Compton who took that left turn and decided to let the streets fully engulf him

Their two different stories but told in the same setting ...so naturally there's similarities but I wouldn't call the themes or arrangement exactly te same tho

Kendrick didn't go to jail or get put on or have shoot outs or any of that ? on his album you feel me?

Before this album I had never heard anything from YG. I listened simply on a whim and wanting something new to hear but I got this feeling from him too listening to this album. Especially on the songs "Really Be Smoking and Drinking" "I Just Wanna Party" and "Sorry Momma". You right if GKMC was the perspective of the person just observing the ? in the streets, My Krazy Life is pretty much going into the mind of someone who is actually living that life day to day. The raps aren't a lyrical exercise but YG gets his point across.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not bad. I ? with it.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    did anyone else notice how the album has the same theme/arrangement as GCMC ? he must have been bumpin that kendrick hard

I don't feel like its the same per say ... I feel like kendrick was giving you an analysis on the whole condition of young black men caught in environments where trying to escape seems futile ... He wasn't necessarily celebrating the circumstance nor was he relishing in it ... He was just as the album title states a Good Kid "trapped" in a MADD City

YG on the other hand is giving you the perspective of the homies that kendrick described in songs like "sing about me" ...the ? that's really out here rockin with the ? 100... He's telling you what it's like for a young cat in Compton who took that left turn and decided to let the streets fully engulf him

Their two different stories but told in the same setting ...so naturally there's similarities but I wouldn't call the themes or arrangement exactly te same tho

Kendrick didn't go to jail or get put on or have shoot outs or any of that ? on his album you feel me?

Before this album I had never heard anything from YG. I listened simply on a whim and wanting something new to hear but I got this feeling from him too listening to this album. Especially on the songs "Really Be Smoking and Drinking" "I Just Wanna Party" and "Sorry Momma". You right if GKMC was the perspective of the person just observing the ? in the streets, My Krazy Life is pretty much going into the mind of someone who is actually living that life day to day. The raps aren't a lyrical exercise but YG gets his point across.

Very true ...while I appreciate intricate lyricism as much as the next hip hop junkie ...I also understand the value of being able to present a story with your lyrics or the ability to convey a certain emotion with what your saying.. Those are redeeming qualities for a MC and I think YG can do those things which makes his ? enjoyable to me ...I just like how there ain't no political correctness or filter to his ? ..

"You lucky you ain't a man momma, lucky I can't hit you"

Lol ...like who says ? like that to the world? ....but you know he was tellin his story so he did ....I can respect that

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Very true ...while I appreciate intricate lyricism as much as the next hip hop junkie ...I also understand the value of being able to present a story with your lyrics or the ability to convey a certain emotion with what your saying.. Those are redeeming qualities for a MC and I think YG can do those things which makes his ? enjoyable to me ...I just like how there ain't no political correctness or filter to his ? ..

"You lucky you ain't a man momma, lucky I can't hit you"

Lol ...like who says ? like that to the world? ....but you know he was tellin his story so he did ....I can respect that

The hook to "I Just Wanna Party" is the perfect thing that really sums it all up to me. Like all a ? wants to do is hang out and party with some females, be young and enjoy life but in certain environments you can't even enjoy yourself all the way because you got to worry about some ? trying to act up.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    very enjoyable album
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually liked this album more than school boy Qs
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't think I would, but I enjoy this album... A lot. Son is far from a lyricist yet he manages to craft a solid narrative here. I read a review that said it was like a mix of The Chronic and GKMC and I can definitely dig the comparison.

Kudos to Mustard and YG for a helluva debut.

I hafta recant my previous assessment of YG. A wack rapper couldn't put together such a good album.
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep hearin bout dis album...might ? around check it
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some of the beats on this be soundin the same..
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? bang.... Already hearing this everywhere I move out here definitely finna be something to ride out to all summer...west coast with another W
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    this ? gets better with each listen

kinda random but idk why French couldn't do a album with Harry Fraud like this for Excuse my French
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think this is gonna be the best street album of the year
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I def was sleepin on this jawn. This ? cold.