Jay Z and Jay Electronica Souljaboy "We Made It" remake

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awww ? . This is competition I wanna see drake in. Not no Kendrick Lamar trying to engage for shine type ? . Jay actually got something to lose and drake ran his mouth first so the response or lack there of will speak volumes.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    ? can't even enjoy a good track no more smh
    Exactly lol. Any kind of enthusiasm is "stanning" or is equated to comparing this song to classic Hip-Hop records. smh
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    really?
    g'head and post a better joint from 2014...

A whole 3 months huh? I guarantee there will be plenty of joints better when the year is finished. But anyways, the Wu Joint is on the same level as this song, if not better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7igHe86PpM
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 jay elec tracks in.1.week. cmon..? I didn't.believe the firts.track.you.really.think ima believe this.? .nah.son
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Fans nowadays are so easily impressed. Elect has spit much hotter verses, and so has JayZ. This track was just aight musically and lyrically.

You've got to give it to these artists. They really know how to play the game, and have the fans going crazy over placebos.

'scust at the amount of male groupies on this site. ? stay getting their strings pulled.

... In brief, this is not exhibit C and this is not takeover. Stop the ? .

i have to co-sign this.

i wanted to make a post about how cunning jay-z is. how drake had jay-z on the last track of his album (and his only feature) so jay has some leverage in that regard and is now kinda takin advantage of it. how the only current rapper bigger than jay-z has an album coming up and is associated with drake...so naturally jay wants some of that shine for himself. how he is positioning roc nation with cole and elec to be the anit-cash money if you will.

but then i realized how they are both pretty much on the same damn label and there is a zero percent chance that they will jeopardize their money by beefing (at least the nas/jay z way).

...dope verse by both btw. i always though this was one of the best beats of the year so its nice to see some more shine given to it.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    The ? did say Misses Drizzy.

Drake is getting ? on so many levels, its not even funny anymore. I initially projected a clean overtake by Kendrick, but the ? is now in jeopardy of imploding with this verse. He had the opportunity to spar with someone on his level, and copped out. Now he got a ? who is disputably one of the living ? 's of the genre out of nowhere feeling like dropping lyrical nukes.

Its as if Jay had his Super Saiyan form in the back pocket since The Black Album, and just now decided to pull it out again for shiggles. Like the ? been all "This isnt even my final form" for the past 5-10 years.

And yall peep how every time something like this happen, Jay Electronica is in the mix? First Control, now this. ? can't be a coincidence.

Naw Drake isn't going anywhere. He still has the females sown up.

This isn't like the golden age when rappers could end other rappers careers on wax.

Jay is in a different lane and a different age group. The only person I could see potentially ending Drake's career is like an artist similar to Drake but maybe with a bit more edge. No one like that exists currently as far as I know, at least with any relevancy.

Agreed. Kendrick coulda hurt that boy tho lol These nggas all friendly tho so nothin popped off (and Drake didnt take the bait)

Yeah I think Kendrick could damage Drake's credibility but he couldn't end Drake's career. Simply cause they're in different lanes although the same age group.

I think if you could take 90's LL and put him into a 20 something rapper today and have him go at Drake's neck he could possibly 'Ja Rule' Drake. But then he would also have to be relevant too.

Really I think Drake's decline is going to be a slow and steady one.
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    No subliminals from Jay. ? is a vet. He names names. That's the difference between the older gods and the new kids.

Jay is The King of Sub shots bruh lol..
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are trollin in this thread and some of y'all dont even know it
  • za'kiss
    edited March 2014
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I don't care about you or what you have to say at this point. You're just reaching to make yourself seem right the whole time and I called your Stanning.

You sure seem to care since you keep responding to me. The only one reaching here is you. I've made it pretty clear what my position is. You've yet to put up a convincing argument that I'm stanning.

I forgot about Mobb Deep but that's like literally the only one I forgot (at the time).

Everything else I said is on point. And you don't have to downplay your love for Hov, we all ? with Jay, no need to belittle the ? to make yourself seem unbiased. Becuz we've actually agreed more than disagreed on the subject.

I'm not belittling Jay, I'm explaining that you're overplaying your hand. You've got a weak case for "stanning" as I'm neither a big Jay fan nor do I prefer his verse on this track. The only thing I've said here is that I don't think new school rappers go after each other on record anymore and I respect Jay for throwing shots at Drake. How is this stanning? You've yet to explain how.

Baiting me in a game of words is something you'll never win.

lol

You're the one who came at me ? .

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The ? did say Misses Drizzy.

Drake is getting ? on so many levels, its not even funny anymore. I initially projected a clean overtake by Kendrick, but the ? is now in jeopardy of imploding with this verse. He had the opportunity to spar with someone on his level, and copped out. Now he got a ? who is disputably one of the living ? 's of the genre out of nowhere feeling like dropping lyrical nukes.

Its as if Jay had his Super Saiyan form in the back pocket since The Black Album, and just now decided to pull it out again for shiggles. Like the ? been all "This isnt even my final form" for the past 5-10 years.

And yall peep how every time something like this happen, Jay Electronica is in the mix? First Control, now this. ? can't be a coincidence.

Naw Drake isn't going anywhere. He still has the females sown up.

This isn't like the golden age when rappers could end other rappers careers on wax.

Jay is in a different lane and a different age group. The only person I could see potentially ending Drake's career is like an artist similar to Drake but maybe with a bit more edge. No one like that exists currently as far as I know, at least with any relevancy.

Iono fam. These hoes are so finicky and trend driven. You see how easily they run through these R&B ? yearly? This ? Trey Songz was on top in like 10-11. Now? And not only him. The ? arent going to keep Drake on his pedestal forever. At a certain point, he's going to have to cater to the other segment of his audience. The Hip-Hop heads.

Charlamagne goin have a field day with that Misses line tomorrow morning.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @soulrattler how you gonna wack for acknowledging a borrowed line and flow from BIGGIE? Thats how u feel? Ok only in this genre fans sh** on something like that
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was fire. Drop that album jay e
  • za'kiss
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Jay Electricity killed this though.

"All these ? , I got to fight one
    All these devils, I got to strike some
    All these rebels just waiting on the war cry
    Mama said "Son, you got to strike drum"

Dope but can we acknowledge NOTORIOUS B.I.G for that line and flow.

Classic joint, but respect to Jay Elect for the way he flipped it.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get too gassed @za'kiss. Jay ignored Pac, 50, & Game.

In fact Drake's the only person he's ever called out besides Nas.

He's called out both Mobb Deep and Nas. If you read my followup posts, I explained that of course Jay has dropped subliminals, but he's also proven himself as someone that's willing to go after someone on a record. Drake hasn't

It's one thing to ignore MC Local Outer Space, its another to ignore literally everybody else in the game.

My point is that there's a clear difference from the breed of old school rappers and newer ones. I think Jay has proven himself in that regard, which is not to say that he's responded to every single rapper that's ever said his name. No rapper has done that. Except maybe 50.

Hence why I said "Takeover Part 2, 3, etc"

U just stanning a lil too hard for Hov that's all.

Most rappers don't really use subliminals like that tbh, most make it pretty known. Juicy J might've subliminally dissed Wale on the "$h!t" Remix but ? like that isn't as common as u think it is.

In a world where materialism & goin hard or trappin is a crutch it's easy to take a Rap and get it twisted up for something it's not.

yeah this is ?
    damn near every rapper use subliminals

how many times have we heard rap lyrics and say "damn sounds like he's taking shots at *insert rapper here*"?

rappers are constantly saying these rap ? are wack, these rap ? are lying, rap ? tryna sing, rap ? wearing tight clothes, and other attributes that sound like more than half the game but never say their name directly

who are these ? tho? we dont know for sure
    thats what makes them subliminals, and its been going on for a while
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    ? can't even enjoy a good track no more smh
    Quoted for truth.

And Imma be honest Im myself is part of the problem. This is just a nice remix and we gossipping like ? on Drake. Alot of us gotta stop that ? .

... In b4 its hip hop and its all about competition foh
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a shot..ball in the Canadian Jew Court.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope ? . Somebody needs to connect drake's verses a make a mega mix
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Jay Z is a ? ? . Wasn't he just on Drakes album?

since this has been brought up a couple times...
    didn't Mrs. Drizzy take shots at the camel for rapping about art?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Drake dissed him after the Album dropped