Jay Z and Jay Electronica Souljaboy "We Made It" remake

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomp still jockin Iceberg, Tomp never lets 1 poster in particular rile him up.
    #Falling

Your heart pump a warm pack of these. I'm not seeing you right now
    freeze-pops.jpg
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you gonna ask for the thread to be locked when people are talking about the song and staying on topic @5grand‌
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I'm going to drop some NOI teachings that apply to this thread. Afterwards I'd like to see this thread locked. You can't just google "yacub" and repost whatever you find on google. It's disrespectful to the Nation of Islam and the Nation of Gods and Earths. The Nation of Islam doctrine is very specific and there are primary sources that don't change. Unless you are quoting verbatim from those primary sources, chances are, you don't know what you are talking about.

For example, somebody said that the Nation of Islam is "afrocentric" and then used X Clan to support their argument. That's nonsense. The Nation of Islam is not afrocentric and you won't find one word in Elijah Muhammad's teachings that are "afrocentric". Furthermore, you won't find one word in any X Clan songs that reflect Nation of Islam or Nation of Gods and Earth's teachings. To the uninitiated they may sound alike, but if you study the teachings themselves, not just a quick google search you'd most definitely agree that the Nation of Islam isn't afrocentric and X Clan doesn't represent the nationof Islam or the Nation of ? 's and Earths.

So anyway, I'm going to quote something directly from the Supreme Wisdom Lessons, which is a primary source for the Nation of Islam and the only source for the Nation of Gods and Earths. This is in reference to people that say Jay Z is part of the illuminati and/or 5%ers are supposed to be "poor righteous teachers".

PROBLEM NO. 13

After learning Mathematics, which is Islam, and Islam is Mathematics, it stands true. You can always prove it at no limit of time. Then you must learn to use it and secure some benefit while you are living, that is - luxury, money, good homes, friendship in all walks of life.

Sit yourself in Heaven at once! That is the greatest Desire of your Brother and Teachers.

Now you must speak the Language so you can use your Mathematical Theology in the proper Term -- otherwise you will not be successful unless you do speak well, for She knows all about you.

The Secretary of Islam offers a reward to the best and neatest worker of this Problem.

There are twenty-six letters in the Language, and if a Student learns one letter per day, then how long will it take him to learn the twenty-six letters?

There are ten numbers in the Mathematical Language. Then how long will it take a Student to learn the whole ten numbers (at the above rate)? The average man speaks four hundred words - considered well.

Mods, can you please lock this thread, there's too much misinformation being spread and its insulting.

I don't get it, so islam is a maths test?

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Clowns in here defending Kufi verses when the lame ? tried to ? on another MC for the same thing. Sheeple.

If anything Jay is ? on his own doorstep. He is basically admitting he was the kind of idiot who "doesn't understand all that ? that he write" when he wrote that line and now he is the guy trying to kick knowledge because Drake is acting ignorantly towards Jay's more recently found appreciation for art. So he's retrospectively a hypocrite now he's finally at the spot he mocked Nas for being at.

Except Jay Z has put 5%er knowledge in his raps since the 90's.

Everybody in the late 80s and 90s made those references thanks to Rakim, X-Clan, Brand Nubian and the whole black power cultural revival. I'm kind of surprised 2 Live Crew didn't put out "Babylon ? ? " with lines like "I'm gonna hit up the club, pop some suds, smash all the bad ? like my name was Yakub".

X-Clan didn't have any 5% references. Mods need to lock this thread.

... So you don't think To The East Blackwards, Heed The Word Of The Brother or Xodus have anything related to Afrocentrism that is the root of 5% NOI faith?
    tumblr_me6lgbvEMI1rg1i0co1_500.gif

I get the whole ? MC of Brooklyn/Jay Hova of Mecca/5 percenter Jay Z stuff so I like to think what I am saying about X-Clan isn't too far off the mark. The ideas of racial secession back to the original holy city away from the lures of white devils or reclamation of a new holy land are NOI stuff.

5%ers aren't Afrocentric. The Nation of Islam isn't Afrocentric. I've been studying lessons for 25 years now

mods need to lock this thread

why lock the thread though? if u have been studying for 25 years and see stuff that isnt right then by all means put it out there. i dont expect u to address ever person in this thread but if u see something that u find completely false or disrespectful then by all means correct us. i for one would be very interested in what you have to say. some ? might argue stuff with you but some would appreciate your knowledge.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gowon.gif

Yakubu Gowon
    Google that ?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ever since he started to rap about that ? more in his raps was when the whole illuminati jay z thing came

What ppl gotta realize, behind some of these Illumanati theories are Christian movements

You have a side of the theorists who don't do traditional religion and drops facts on how religions came to be and are apart of the conspiracy, and a side who are religious.

For some reason, those theorists connect 5%ers w/ being non christian therefore it's "evil" and it's connected to NOI,so that goes against their beliefs too and there is a some connection between Freemasons and the NOI possibly.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop crying about locking the thread
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ever since he started to rap about that ? more in his raps was when the whole illuminati jay z thing came

False. His increase in power and wealth is what made nggas think it had to be some Illuminati ? .

Jay been droppin religious themed jewels since the beginning.

None of it is a direct blueprint to his personal views tho, imo. He's a guy who just knows a lil somethin about a lot, after all he is 40+, and people go ape ? over it on some 'oooh ? , he know about that!?'. For lack of a better word, he trolls.

Young G's, 1997

In the physical, one seems, like a lost body
    In fact my thoughts don't differ much from that of ? body

People Talkin, 2001
    'I'm cool in my afterlife if I'm readin these chapters right
    Please what have you, I breeze through Mathhew (the book in the Bible)..."

Yet 3 years later on Fade to Black after he spits his Lucifer verse

'Yo i sear i never read the Bible in my life'

And dont get me wrong i dont condemn or judge him b/c unlike SOME nggas i dont rely on him to guide me to salvation lol Im just pointin out that i SEE what he does/is doing.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Tomp still jockin Iceberg, Tomp never lets 1 poster in particular rile him up.
    #Falling

Your heart pump a warm pack of these. I'm not seeing you right now
    freeze-pops.jpg

Says the poptart who posts gif of 2 ? making out.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    0.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-01-01-at-5.59.58-PM.png

smh

jay_z_10_wenn2402157.jpg

So either Jay is a new hybrid 5%er-Catholic or yall some impressionable mfers.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Clowns in here defending Kufi verses when the lame ? tried to ? on another MC for the same thing. Sheeple.

If anything Jay is ? on his own doorstep. He is basically admitting he was the kind of idiot who "doesn't understand all that ? that he write" when he wrote that line and now he is the guy trying to kick knowledge because Drake is acting ignorantly towards Jay's more recently found appreciation for art. So he's retrospectively a hypocrite now he's finally at the spot he mocked Nas for being at.

Except Jay Z has put 5%er knowledge in his raps since the 90's.

Everybody in the late 80s and 90s made those references thanks to Rakim, X-Clan, Brand Nubian and the whole black power cultural revival. I'm kind of surprised 2 Live Crew didn't put out "Babylon ? ? " with lines like "I'm gonna hit up the club, pop some suds, smash all the bad ? like my name was Yakub".

X-Clan didn't have any 5% references. Mods need to lock this thread.

... So you don't think To The East Blackwards, Heed The Word Of The Brother or Xodus have anything related to Afrocentrism that is the root of 5% NOI faith?
    tumblr_me6lgbvEMI1rg1i0co1_500.gif

I get the whole ? MC of Brooklyn/Jay Hova of Mecca/5 percenter Jay Z stuff so I like to think what I am saying about X-Clan isn't too far off the mark. The ideas of racial secession back to the original holy city away from the lures of white devils or reclamation of a new holy land are NOI stuff.

5%ers aren't Afrocentric. The Nation of Islam isn't Afrocentric. I've been studying lessons for 25 years now

mods need to lock this thread

why lock the thread though? if u have been studying for 25 years and see stuff that isnt right then by all means put it out there. i dont expect u to address ever person in this thread but if u see something that u find completely false or disrespectful then by all means correct us. i for one would be very interested in what you have to say. some ? might argue stuff with you but some would appreciate your knowledge.

Lock the thread because its 25 pages long and there's so much misinformation that you'd have to start another thread just to stay on topic. I can't go back and reread 25 pages and correct every false statement that's been made.

But I guess the best way to explain it is that there are primary sources, secondary sources and then there's google. Cats in this thread have been doing google searches and reposting whatever they find and reposting it as fact.

If you want to understand what the Nation of Islam teaches, read The Autobiography of Malcolm X. Don't watch the movie, read the book. The movie doesn't explain the teachings at all. Malcolm X was a minister for the Nation of Islam for 12 years and at one point he was the National Spokesperson for the Nation of Islam. I first read the book in high school and have been studying Islam ever since. Try to get a first edition of the book if you can. It'll cost around $100. You can get later editions on Amazon for like $5-$10.

Also read Message to the Blackman by Elijah Muhammad. Its really a compilation of writings that his followers put together and published under his name as far as I can tell. Other good websites to study NOI/NGE teachings are Seventhfam.com and Muhammadspeaks.com.

All in All, Elijah Muhammad has about 20 books to his name. Those are the primary sources. the stuff you guys have been posting in this thread is nonsense. Like the idea that X Clan is 5%. X Clan had tight beats and Brother J was a nice MC but they weren't 5%. Neither was KRS One.

The rap groups that are/were 5% are

Lakim Shabazz
    Rakim
    King Sun
    Poor Righteous Teachers
    Digable Planets
    Brand Nubian
    Wu tang Clan

Public Enemy followed Farrakhan which isn't quite the same as the Nation of Gods and Earths

That's really it. A lot of rappers mix in teachings but they don't really drop science like the rappers I named. Like every once in a while Nas gives a shout out to the "Five Percenters" but he doesn't really, really get into it like Brand Nubian or any of the other groups I named.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @5GRAND i feel u...there are bunch of things going on in this thread. still i dont see the reason for it to be closed. one person or a few people talking about x clan shouldnt just close this thread. u last post made valid points about some artist touching on certain beliefs but that doesnt really mean they live it like that. i also think u could help with explaining the lyrics...specifically talking about yakub. i dont think anyone intended to disrespect any doctrine and i appreciate the links u gave. i try and i think most in here have tried to conversate and learn. most of the time my peoples wont just tell me im lost....they will explain...give books...links and so forth. u could do us that same favor instead of just saying close the thread. 25 years is a long time...u got a lot to add.
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf?how did this turn into a debate about religion and knowledge?

smh @ you lame ass ? .This track was fire and im not even a jigga fan like that.He went it tho give credit where its do
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elijah Muhammad was not his son...WF MuhammAd was a white man perpetrating
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • loch121
    edited March 2014
    Options
    X-Clan's Xodus album was about the idea of Brooklyn as the new Mecca in line with NOGE faith.

Now, you're reading a Malcolm X biography for your faith? Not a book of faith, but a biography? You realise Malcolm X is not the founder and in fact his own apprentice doubted his philosophy to the degree he adapted the NOI teachings into the NOGE ideals of black women and men as the first Gods of the Earth. So, those waters have got muddier over time.

The NOI was formed in Detroit, a predominantly black area at the time, by a man who has since been revealed to have been of Afghan origin, WF Muhammad. His son Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X, Louis Farrakhan and Clarence 13X have all appropriated and spun the material over the decades as the agenda has shifted.

You seem to be assuming you have to be 5% and practicing to know anything about the NOI/NOGE faith which is ridiculous. All you need is to be able to read, have some spare time and the inclination to read the material.

The point I made was the whole 5%/black culture references were common in the late 90s and in fact you agree Public Enemy agreed with Farrakhan but not the NOI completely. So why aren't you using that same logic to realise X-Clan might have got in on the gimmick at the time just like Jay-Z did on tracks like D'Evils? It's entertainment, it's not all serious, which is the point my joke about 2 Live Crew. But if you honestly don't think Heed The Word Of The Brother has any relation to Messages To The Blackman even though they basically mean the same thing, I think maybe the problem is not my literacy or lack of comprehension here.

X Clan was about that for real.One of the members was the son of Sonny carson who the movie The education of Sonny Carson is based on.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

X Clan was about that for real.One of the members was the son of Sonny carson who the movie The education of Sonny Carson is based on.

This is true. Proffessor X was the sun of sonny carson.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

Need to see this movie
    It was a tv show on HBO, not a movie and the series just ended the same time Dexter n Breaking Bad did.
  • loch121
    Options
    kenny ? ? Powers
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But they can't relate to our struggle, my ? , we came up from slavery....

Goat line

i'm on my LUPITYA N'YONGO!!!!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of knowledge being dropped in here
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's crazy how Soulja Boy got straight Deebo'ed for his beat like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uc4SDf3aac
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like I'll be rap genius-ing hov verse lol...he dropped some jewels
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    X-Clan's Xodus album was about the idea of Brooklyn as the new Mecca in line with NOGE faith.

Emphatic Nosign. Harlem is Mecca and Brooklyn is Medina. X Clan's album was all over the place. Case in point, look at the album cover;

R-94805-1131212654.jpeg

If you look at the album cover at the center is an Egyptian symbol called Udjat or The Sound Eye of Horus. It looks kinda like an eye with an eyebrow over it. To the immediate right of the Udjat you'll plainly see the Universal Flag that was designed by Universal Shamgaud of the Nation of ? 's and Earths.

Under ordinary circumstances a Universal Flag would indicate that they are members of the Nation of ? 's and Earths. But there's other symbols on the album as well. There's an Egyptian Ahnk which symbolizes Eternal Life, there's a six pointed Hebrew flag which symbolized Judaism. Does that mean X Clan is Jewish? There's a Nation of Islam Flag, does that make them FOI? There's a Masonic symbol, does that make them Masons? You get my point? X Clan just took a bunch of esoteric symbols, mixed them up and made an album.

If you study The Supreme Wisdom Lessons, which are the unequivocal, undisputable, undeniable primary source for the Nation of Islam, there's not one word on X Clan's Xodus album that can be found in the lessons. X Clan belonged to a movement called Blackwatch, not the Nation of ? 's and Earths. In contrast, Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, King Sun, Poor Righteous Teachers, Brand Nubian, Digable Planets and Wu Tang have entire phrases from their lyrics that come directly from the lessons verbatim. For example, King Sun has a song called "Universal Flag" which is based on the 55th degree in the 120.

You say, "Now, you're reading a Malcolm X biography for your faith? Not a book of faith, but a biography? You realise Malcolm X is not the founder and in fact his own apprentice doubted his philosophy to the degree he adapted the NOI teachings into the NOGE ideals of black women and men as the first Gods of the Earth. So, those waters have got muddier over time."

Strawman argument. I never said I'm, "reading a Malcolm X biography for my faith". I said that "if you want to know what the Nation of Islam teaches you should read a first edition of The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley." I stand by that statement. Alex Haley was an established writer at the time and he and Malcolm sat down in late night sessions and Malcolm told his life story over a series of months. Its not a"biography" as you say. It's an Autobiography meaning its all coming directly out of Malcolm's mouth. At the time they started the book Malcolm was the National Spokesperson for the Nation of Islam but through the course of putting the book together Malcolm left the Nation of Islam, made a Hajj to Mecca and started his own movement. The book was published in 1966, one year after Malcolm's death.

The Nation of Islam is a fraternal order with a paramilitary structure, so Malcolm, being a minister, was privy to information that wasn't available to the general public. In his autobiography he explains how the Fruit of Islam and Muslim Girls Training (F.O.I. and M.G.T.) was structured, what the rules were, what they believed, how the Nation of Islam came into existence, the history of the early years before he became a member, how he became a member and the state of the Nation of Islam when he first joined and how it grew over the 12 years while he was a minister. Most importantly he explained how he went from city to city "fishing" for new converts and then opening new temples. Malcolm was to the Nation of Islam what Paul was to the religion of Christianity, he went from city to city spreading the message and organized temples and as soon as those temples were able to sustain themselves he'd go to another city and start another temple.

You go on to say, "The NOI was formed in Detroit, a predominantly black area at the time, by a man who has since been revealed to have been of Afghan origin, WF Muhammad. His son Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X, Louis Farrakhan and Clarence 13X have all appropriated and spun the material over the decades as the agenda has shifted."

The Nation of Islam was founded on July 4, 1930. The exact date, the address of the first temple, the names of the founders, Elijah Muhammad's birthplace, the first meeting of ALLAH in the person of Master Fard Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad, how Elijah Muhammad was appointed Supreme Minister, all of that information is known. What you have stated in the above paragraph is schizophrenic nonsense. It appears as though you've done a quick google search and can't tell what's right and/or where to look but you wanted to reply anyway so you cut and pasted and hoped nobody would notice that it doesn't make any sense.

The foundation of the Nation of Islam are teachings that have names. Each lesson has a name. When I was coming up you started off with the Student Enrollment 1-10 and after you were able to recite that from memory you'd move on to the next lesson. All in all there's 122 questions and answers (5%ers call em 'degrees') although two of them are repeated twice (The square mileage of the planet earth, how much is land and how much is water). When you subtract the two lessons that are repeated there are 120 degrees. When you're able to recite all 120 degrees from memory you are said to "have 120". There's 120 degrees of Knowledge, 120 degrees of Wisdom and 120 degrees of Understanding which makes 360 degrees of knowledge, wisdom and understanding; a cipher of 360 degrees. The cipher can represent Man, Women and Child, Sun Moon and Star or Zig-Zag-Zig, the path traveled by The Lost Found Tribe of Shabazz.

Lastly, you say, " You seem to be assuming you have to be 5% and practicing to know anything about the NOI/NOGE faith which is ridiculous. All you need is to be able to read, have some spare time and the inclination to read the material.

Well, the problem with that is that YOU don't know WHAT to read. You don't know which books are official and which books are nonsense. There's a lot of websites out there that are similar to X Clan's album, they use the terminology because they think it sounds good but if you really study the lessons authored by Master Fard Muhammad and The Honorable Elijah Muhammad, not Wikipedia but the actual teachings, the official teachings, the lessons that Malcolm X studied from, the lessons that Clarence 13X taught, the lessons that Minister Farrakhan gives out at the local Nation of Islam Mosques, you'll clearly see that most of what you see and read about the Nation of Islam online is false.

The primary sources for the Nation of Islam are as follows;

1. The Supreme Wisdom Lessons - This is what Master Fard Muhammad left when he mysteriously disappeared.

2. Message to the Black Man and/or any book authored by Elijah Muhammmad. There's an organization called The Messenger Elijah Muhammad Propagation Society (M.E.M.P.S.). They transcribe Elijah Muhammad's speeches and reprint them into books. Anything published by them is official.

3. The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley - This book changed my life when I read it in high school. I just recently copped a first edition which is a little different from the version I read in high school.

4. Black Muslims in America (first edition) by C. Eric Lincoln. This book was published in 1961. It's told from a secular point of view. Its a good companion to Message to the Blackman which is more like scripture. Later editions of this book don't read like the first edition because the statistics and political climate are different.

Edit

5. Study Guide #19 A&B Who is ? ? - Minister Farrakhan authored it in 1997.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn ? ....I gotta clear some time to read that post but props..