Eminem Is Now The Second Highest Selling Male Artist Of The SoundScan Era

Options
1234568»

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    "If I was black I wouldve sold half" , he aint even have to graduate from High School to know that.

edit* , yall know what i meant

this dude is talking to himself in here
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Who are you bruh?

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Who are you bruh?

It's....JOHN B bruh
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Everybody lost track of what the word "Stan" means these days? I havnt seen any in this thread but yet see the word used a few times. Comes off as a crutch, you all should probably stop using it so loosely and just come up with a better argument like most normal ppl do with other debates.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is hilarious
    I cant tell if some ? in here are being serious or not
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just peeped the OP again

Mariah's numbers are wrong she sold 63.5 mill in the us and 200 million WW

BEST selling and Greatest female artist of all time.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    lies

More Ether...

The Women Group that Got Rick Ross Dropped from Reebok Protested outside the 2001 Grammy's.

what Senate hearing was held to debate his lyrics specifically?
    one ? at the hearing used him as an example... u ? exaggerating because u love him...

dawg you finished.. get out you feels, you been dropping names like a ? off girl with out bringing anything to the table.

lol... anyone who can read can see that u been lying... and exaggerating...

Still waiting for you name a rapper that was targeted more than Em in that time period.

What artists were rapping about the same subject matter during that time?

Drugs
    ?
    ?
    Celeb Bashing
    Corny Jokes
    Mom/Baby Mom Drama

Subject matter isnt that different from shitload of other MC's it just a whiteboy saying it.

Which why they was worried.

Don't be a coward. Answer my question. What Artists were rapping about Killing their Baby Moms, or ? their Moms?

Em made 1 song Kim that talked about killing his baby mom. Em never made a song about ? his moms.
    "just bend over and take it like a ? OK MA!!
    Oh now he's ? his own mother abusing a ? snorting coke and we gave him the rolling stone cover? got damn right ? and now it's too late" - ? you

I didn't even google that. From the top of my head. I used to be a huuge em fan. I know what I'm talking bout. You don't even know your facts so why are u arguing?

2 lines in a verse equates to the entire song being about his mom?

2 lines in a verse equates to UENO being about ? ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lies

More Ether...

The Women Group that Got Rick Ross Dropped from Reebok Protested outside the 2001 Grammy's.

what Senate hearing was held to debate his lyrics specifically?
    one ? at the hearing used him as an example... u ? exaggerating because u love him...

dawg you finished.. get out you feels, you been dropping names like a ? off girl with out bringing anything to the table.

lol... anyone who can read can see that u been lying... and exaggerating...

Still waiting for you name a rapper that was targeted more than Em in that time period.

What artists were rapping about the same subject matter during that time?

Drugs
    ?
    ?
    Celeb Bashing
    Corny Jokes
    Mom/Baby Mom Drama

Subject matter isnt that different from shitload of other MC's it just a whiteboy saying it.

Which why they was worried.

Don't be a coward. Answer my question. What Artists were rapping about Killing their Baby Moms, or ? their Moms?

Em made 1 song Kim that talked about killing his baby mom. Em never made a song about ? his moms.
    "just bend over and take it like a ? OK MA!!
    Oh now he's ? his own mother abusing a ? snorting coke and we gave him the rolling stone cover? got damn right ? and now it's too late" - ? you

I didn't even google that. From the top of my head. I used to be a huuge em fan. I know what I'm talking bout. You don't even know your facts so why are u arguing?

2 lines in a verse equates to the entire song being about his mom?

2 lines in a verse equates to UENO being about ? ?

no it doesn't controversies over rap lyrics are ? .
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? salty at that DMX post lol
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do people even post Eminem threads in The Reason? Every one of them leads to the same argument that rarely leads anywhere. We all know where an Eminem thread in regard to sales is going to lead.

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If I was black I wouldve sold half" , he aint even have to graduate from High School to know that.

edit* , yall know what i meant

That line would still be argued because people would be saying he still wouldn't have sold half. Divide his sales in half and he's still doing prime Jay Z numbers which would still make him one of the highest selling rappers ever. He just wouldn't be the second highest selling male artist of the soundscan era.

• _Goldie_
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Everybody lost track of what the word "Stan" means these days? I havnt seen any in this thread but yet see the word used a few times. Comes off as a crutch, you all should probably stop using it so loosely and just come up with a better argument like most normal ppl do with other debates.

14kwrhk.gif
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so u don't think revising history in your mind to exaggerate the significant of persons/events is stannish?
    be honest...
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    In typical stan fashion, they startin to flag a ? lol

Umad.gif
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    "never listened to mmlp 2 post"

Yea some Stan I am
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Even shadyteam hates relapse, ? happens.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    The only stan in here is Menace's sensitive ass crying about Pac and Mariah constantly, I know jerz isn't a Stan from witnessing him ethering Dretox and her ? ass entourage, the rest of y'all are letting your hate for eminem cloud your judgement and are upset you just got ethered in a debate, all I did was bring up one point and even remained neutral but somehow I'm a Stan, realistically yall are butt hurt you just lost a debate and the only rebuttal you could come up with was calling anyone with an opinion different than yours a stan
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

so u don't think revising history in your mind to exaggerate the significant of persons/events is stannish?
    be honest...

No I don't. I call that exaggerating a point. Saying Eminem is the goat with the goat catalog is being a Stan. Saying he doesn't have any trash music is being a stan. Getting an Eminem tattoo and sending him fan mail is being a stan.
  • _Goldie_
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hate for Eminem? He's in my top 5 of alltime, try again bruh

And what point did you make that no one could rebuttal ? lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Reading is fundamental

Eminem isn't in my top 10, miss me with that stan ?
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    and doesnt drop that powerful point that left everyone butthurt, ok stanley
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me a Stan???

You have no proof
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just goes to show you, being white and doing black music is very profitable.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading this thread was a bad idea. However not participating was a good one.