Joe Budden Picks Sides In Jay Z VS. Drake Debate And Twitter Responds..

Options

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? really are impressed by this cornball Canadian huh
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People really value Joe Buddens opinion on this board.

Btw not surprised.

Thread should've ended with this
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe did this so he could be part of something that he has no business being part of.... like when he made a control verse and tried to rally the old heads to go at Kendrick.

Buddens is a beta male, a ? ass ? and an opportunist...not even a good opportunist either.

his own peers disrespect him on a fairly regular basis.

you ? are fans of the ? that always looked lost coming into the lunchroom looking for a seat.

It's not that serious
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why when someone diss somebody its for album sales?
    You can't use that argument because that never been Common MO.
    50 got y'all thinking everything is a publicity stunt.

If he started dissing somebody like Drake when UMC came out then I might agree.
    But this was a straight up hip hop Common album.
    He could've dissed Obama, Jesus and the pope and still wouldn't have moved units.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    @Sion you can't use that ending careers argument cuz really how many battles have had one rapper "end" another's career??? That would be like saying nas isn't a good battle rapper cuz he has never ended another rappers career....

And its not about who's better at battle rapping it's who has the most material to use in a battle and how well they're capable of putting that material in a rap....after you've called somebody a ? to you, served them drinks in public, said you'd cry if they die, etc. about a rapper who say what you will is battle tested and has pretty much heard it all, what can drake really do to compete??? That's not overrating jay those are just facts

Well that's my point, he's never definitively beaten anyone and so therefore Mouse does have a point. Not necessarily ended a career but got on the mic and went blow for blow and ? said "yeah Hov won". And that's not even a disrespect, Biggie never went at Pac but we don't doubt his legacy. Nevermind Drake, Drizzy has no weight here cuz he has no credentials in any battle (yet).

I look at cats like 50 Cent, KRS-1, Eminem, Ice Cube, Nas, LL Cool J, for example and they fit the bill, we could draw up their credentials and give them props they deserve. I think artists like Hov and even Drake shouldn't be allowed to be called battle rappers cuz they dont even battle.

At the end of the day fam I respect what you sayin, I was just sayin that Hov aint all that battle wise, that's my opinion tho. Cuz you could take diff't things from his confrontations with other rappers and find diff't justifications or wins. It's really subjective. I aint mean to ruffle feathers tho.

Ur buggin, b...do u know how many careers Hov put on hold, are u kidding me?

Aint one rapper had more success post Hov diss than prior....we can run off some names...from Mase, to Jim, to Cam, to Game, to ur boy Nas...all these ? had their most success pre Hov diss (Harlem World, Hustler's P.O.M.E, Come Home With Me, The Documentary, It Was Written)...FACTS!

Only rapper to ever do better for himself after a Hov diss was 50, and that was half a bar Hov gave him, better yet a one liner....if he gave you a 16 ur career was put on hold and record sales slowed up, and dont tell me its just a coincidence none of these ? sold more after Hov ate em....word.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion you can't use that ending careers argument cuz really how many battles have had one rapper "end" another's career??? That would be like saying nas isn't a good battle rapper cuz he has never ended another rappers career....

And its not about who's better at battle rapping it's who has the most material to use in a battle and how well they're capable of putting that material in a rap....after you've called somebody a ? to you, served them drinks in public, said you'd cry if they die, etc. about a rapper who say what you will is battle tested and has pretty much heard it all, what can drake really do to compete??? That's not overrating jay those are just facts

Well that's my point, he's never definitively beaten anyone and so therefore Mouse does have a point. Not necessarily ended a career but got on the mic and went blow for blow and ? said "yeah Hov won". And that's not even a disrespect, Biggie never went at Pac but we don't doubt his legacy. Nevermind Drake, Drizzy has no weight here cuz he has no credentials in any battle (yet).

I look at cats like 50 Cent, KRS-1, Eminem, Ice Cube, Nas, LL Cool J, for example and they fit the bill, we could draw up their credentials and give them props they deserve. I think artists like Hov and even Drake shouldn't be allowed to be called battle rappers cuz they dont even battle.

At the end of the day fam I respect what you sayin, I was just sayin that Hov aint all that battle wise, that's my opinion tho. Cuz you could take diff't things from his confrontations with other rappers and find diff't justifications or wins. It's really subjective. I aint mean to ruffle feathers tho.

Aint one rapper had more success post Hov diss than prior....we can run off some names...from Mase, to Jim, to Cam, to Game, to ur boy Nas...all these ? had their most success pre Hov diss (Harlem World, Hustler's P.O.M.E, Come Home With Me, The Documentary, It Was Written)...FACTS!

Only rapper to ever do better for himself after a Hov diss was 50, and that was half a bar Hov gave him, better yet a one liner....if he gave you a 16 ur career was put on hold and record sales slowed up, and dont tell me its just a coincidence none of these ? sold more after Hov ate em....word.

Mase left at the height of his prime, after the Jay diss. Mase was higher than Jay throughout that time.

Jay dissed Jim on Dig A Hole on Kingdom Come in 06. Jim dropped We Fly High in 06. We Fly High was a hotter single than Jay had in 2006... Jay ended it in 2009 on Thank You after the fact.

Cam and Jay been at odds for years, that stupid ? they did shouldn't even count. Cam had more serious ? with Nas, on account of Jay/Roc.

Game...yeah.

Nas became King of NY off that beef and rebuilt his career off that. Jay retired 2 years later and used Nas to help fuel his return.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just in here making up ? .. Smh
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

Mase left at the height of his prime, after the Jay diss. Mase was higher than Jay throughout that time.

Jay dissed Jim on Dig A Hole on Kingdom Come in 06. Jim dropped We Fly High in 06. We Fly High was a hotter single than Jay had in 2006... Jay ended it in 2009 on Thank You after the fact.

Cam and Jay been at odds for years, that stupid ? they did shouldn't even count. Cam had more serious ? with Nas, on account of Jay/Roc.

Game...yeah.

Nas became King of NY off that beef and rebuilt his career off that. Jay retired 2 years later and used Nas to help fuel his return.

man why do y'all do this...jim drop before jay did in 06 and jim didnt drop again until 09. jim continued to go at jay and had the nerve to sign noe who sounds just like jay. jay clear winner and jim never been same...? went to reality tv...smh

mase dropped double up after that jay diss...do i need to say more? check ya own videos you will always be number 2...smh

cam is one of my fav rappers so i never have and never will acknowledge a jay and cam beef....nope not gonna do it...lol

nas is a legend and a goat so if u think jay won or u think jay loss...its ? phuckin nas
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buddens is a cornball.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options

Game...yeah.

Mase was poppin in 97', Hov dissed him in 98' on Hard Knock Life Vol 2...."Check ur own videos u'll always be #2"...referring to him wearing the #2 jersey in his vids while Puff always wore #1...Mase retired a year later in 99' lol

Ballin was hot in 06'...Hov came out wit Dig A Hole in 06'...and the following year Jimmy was irrelevant...same deal with Cam, buried the entire Dips wit that song (Dame included).

Game..yup lol

Ur man Nas was never the same after "Takeover"...he had a lil spark wit Stillmatic just cuz Hov gave him "light when ? was forgetting he MC'd" lol....after Hov came back wit "Blueprint2" in 02' and buried him wit that song he was done, no more platinum plaques for the lil homie Naz...underground rapper after that lmao

Hov never lost a battle...and if he did he won the war....word.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Triple Entendre don't ask me how :

Canada Dry = Soda Pop (Drake is Pop) = Sweet (Drake is Sweet, also name of Common subliminal Diss)

Canada = Where Drake is from.

Dry = Not wet, Not Moist = His skills are dry and by common saying "You ain't Wet nobody" he's talking about Drake saying he's going to catch bodies.

Ohhh, ? !

attachment.php?attachmentid=3447791&d=1308350967

Link? Source? How did you decode all this my G!?!?

i kno your being sarcastic but some of these ? really didn't get that line that's the sad part, these mcdonald baby ass ? really thought he just referenced to a soda because they both Canadian etc
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common getting that "He's a legend in the game/He made Resurrection" sympathy support. Nobody outside the internet ? with Common's disses. Drake bodied Common. Let's get serious. Com had one hot line out of all that ? and Drake still came out the smoke with Serena.
    Two words.

? please.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    And FTR as a Hov fan (fav rapper of all time), Budden is right...as of 4/4/14 Drake would ? him lyrically and its not even up for debate.

He was also right about Drake finishin Common, and I dont even like Drake (he is nice tho) so its not like im being bias....the casual rap fan knows Common for his tv role on "Hell on Wheels", ? forgot he rapped, I know I did lol

Only ? that know Common still raps and has an album out is internet ? , commercially he's done...and he was commercial at a time so dont even play that card.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Not eeeeven takin up for Tragic Mulatto, but that Canada Dry line is the type of line Wayne drops all the time and nggas clown. But since its comin from Common.....

Donald-Glover-Aint-Even-Mad-Reaction-Gif.gif

IJS.

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay got on We Fly High what is y'all ? talking about

"Brooklyn getting paper we toke big things we chase ? around they own ball game
    Ball game ? its over for you lames
    Gimme back my chain its over for you lames"

Didn't they tell you don't ever ? with a mans
    Kidnap mine?
    ? I will click clack push ya wig back further than Tyra Banks hairline
    Yo bank verse mine if you ballin ? what I'm doing can't be defined
    Jones' can't keep up maybe my ? Nas but I got stronger after ether

That's from memory so i prolly ? up but my point is that Jay clearly responded in timely fashion.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Every album Nas dropped after Takeover went platinum or gold though with the exception of Life is Good which dropped two years ago.

Common was never commercial. He had a bigger buzz at one point but even on "Be" probably his most critically acclaimed and highest selling album he was blazing on interracial relationships and had a picture of Malcolm X on the back of the album.

Just cause you have a buzz or move units doesn't make you commercial. It has more to do with your intent and sound.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol You know a diss hurt someone when they reference that diss while dissing someone else.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited April 2014
    Options

^^^ Church of JayHova Witness right chea....

Hov did not ? Jim Jones/Dipset - that distinction would go to 50 Cent, he didn't beat Ma$e (you're reaching), he didn't even really battle Game - he gave him a verse, and Nas is the reason why he goes the subliminal route...

And he only dissed 50 Cent thinking 50 wouldn't mount to ? back in 2000. When 50 became 50 Cent and was throwing shots and slapping this ? around all he could say when Fif said "what's up what's it gonna be?" is "wait why do this and ? up the money ?"

jay-50.jpg

Every rapper or musician has slowed down sales wise, it has nothing to do with Jay-Z. ? need to accept that while he is a good rapper he's not really a battle guy & was never really good at it to begin with. If Super Ugly is the pinnacle of his battle career then maybe we need to go digging in the crates and knowing our history. When Jay battles he goes the subliminal route cuz it's safer, he'll do that cuz he still wanna compete in Hip-Hop but at the same time, w/o ruffling the feathers of the corporate sponsors who back him and keep his image clean.

lmao how dare u say 'Curtis' finished Dipset....Hov finished off their careers as individuals, u could say 50 broke em up as a group, but it had nuffn to do with him on the mic....and they were already beefin BTS.

Cam FINISHED off 50 and made him name his album Curtis (was pose to named BISD) and sent him to the dentist to fix his teeth lmaooo....and that was a washed up Cam that Hov already finished that did that to 50...prior to the Cam diss he was goin multiplat...after....he became a gold artist lol.

And Hov was doin sublims way before the Nas ? ...was dissin Mase subliminally on Vol 2, he never been a name caller aside from Takeover....and both Takeover and Blueprint2 had more scathing factual lines than the fiction based 'Ether', cut it out lol

And Hov just sold a mil 1st week, so no, his sales are doin just fine while his enemies struggle to go gold lolololololololol
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't read all 6 pages but this battle should be one sided. Jay-Z should destroy Drake.

If Drake wins this battle it would be like David beating Goliath.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact common was salty bout Serena is ether in itself
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 was slapping Jay Z around? In what universe?